Greater London Authority

Greater London Authority Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
Very relaxed working environment, colleagues are quite social but still get their work done. Due to a dramatic and wide ranging transformation programme - staff are empowered to find creative ways to collaborate in new ways that were considered 'out there' but are now the norm.
City Hall is well located for commuters as the nearest station is London Bridge. Flexible working is encouraged if it works for your department. Colleagues were very friendly.
Varied and interesting - lots to do but need to be funded properly if it is to deliver what the strategy is. Sometime a closed shop. That said, very nice colleagues good environment to work in
Amazing people to work with who are passionate about improving the lives of Londoners. It is a great place to work and amazing to see the work that we do making a difference
Enjoyed my time at City Hall. Lovely team to work with in an Agile environment. Always looking for ways to do things better. Great work ethics and a dynamic team.
Cons
The atmosphere and environment was calm and relaxed but formal at the same time. The work was amazing and I really enjoyed myself. I learned a lot about the Committee Assembly and also learned to produce and deliver the captioning for the Mayors Question Time. I also did some info graphics for the LEAP team and designed a poster for them. The design work was just really off my own back that i offered to do for them just because i loved working with them.
Pros
Fantastic subsidised canteen and great location
Cons
You are greeted by friendly security and front line staff as you enter the building. They have a café on the lower ground floor that provides hot and cold food and a separate coffee bar.
You might get to meet/see other dignitaries/celebrities or even get to see the Mayor.
Pros
Wonderful scenery
It's a very exciting place to work, with lots of opportunities to learn about what's going on in London, meet new groups and organisations and learn about new policy initiatives happening in London.
Extremely busy but rewarding work with high expectations from internal and external stakeholders. There are infinite opportunities to expand, which I have eager grasped, but no opportunities to progress
Pros
flexible working
Cons
minimal progress opportunities
Micro managed by people who clearly have no idea of what happens in the real world.
A complete and utter lack of respect for subcontractors and an inability to make logical decision when required.
Pros
Cons
All of the above and more.
Great Work Environment and team working with senior goverment officals and having to support VIP customers.
inhouse support team therefore learning of new systems was good.
A great organisation to work with friendly staff
Great management culture and I learned a great deal on policy issues that affect the lives of Londoners.
Pros
Location and work culture is fantastic
GLA is one of the best places to gain quality experience if anyone had the opportunity to work in. I learnt so much from there and until this date I still apply the experience learnt to wherever I go. GLA staff are extremely lovely and the food at the canteen is amazing. GLA constantly run programmes and events so it always busy. The most enjoyable part of working for GLA is answering and dealing with members of the public. Always found it very rewarding to satisfy the needs of callers. I learnt how to deal with people from diverse backgrounds. I always found it exciting to provide information about the GLA and send out packs to people who called to request them.
Pros
Free pass to all GLA events
Cons
Committed and hard-working colleagues.
Plenty of opportunities for internal promotions or secondments.

Good staff benefits including a generous annual leave allowance and flexible working options.
Very good place to work with lots training support. If I should get a permanent role her I will stay , However my role is a fixed term contract end in July 16,

But I need to start looking for a permanent role
This job was a temporary one via an employment agency.

The staff are friendly and their offices are centrally located. What more can be said!
cannot rate this experience any higher.
enjoyed throughly going to work here
• Member of the team responsible for the distribution of the Mayor’s Sports Legacy fund, analysing previously completed projects in order to inform decisions and recommendations when considering new initiatives.
• Supported the project manager of the London Transformation Project, the merger of the 5 London Pro-actives responsible for coordinating grassroots sport in London, working closely with external clients including members of Sport England.

• Assisted in the creation of sponsorship proposals for the GLA Sports Unit’s Make a Splash Initiative, which included the creation of an internal project funding proposal and the external publicising of the initiative.

• Wide ranging admin support for the sports unit, including scheduling meetings, taking minutes and answering daily correspondence to the mayor.

Being part of a highly motivated team was a key factor to my enjoyment of the role, the employees were all welcoming and supportive in any work.
I had worked with the technical support for 1 week for my year 12 work experience, and i would say that the placement is substantial, friendly people, nice and live environment, hours were from 9 - 5 as i would expect and the manager is great.
Pros
Re-funded lunch's, great work environment, excellent placement
Cons
N/a