Great Western Hospital Employee Reviews

Not impressed
Maternity Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Women and child directorate21 August 2019
I personally dont like the gwh ...its not a friendly hospital like the princess Margaret used to be . The building is falling apart the staff are not happy.
There is staff shortages all over the hospital ....
Waiting list never seem to go down when there are no bed available instead of closing the doors we just take more people when we haven't got the staff or the beds that can be a dangerous situation to be in for the patient and staff .
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Too many
Oppitunity
Rotational Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire, UK4 December 2018
I gained my pharmacy experience from here,

being a multifunction hospital I learnt aseptic, dispensing, stock control and procurement.

I enjoyed my time here and if the write job came up I would consider applying
Not nice management
Out Patient Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Swindon30 October 2018
Clicky place to work for no team spirit, nice surrounding and people you work with are nice, good place to work for but no support. Get a permanent position and your might stay.
Customer service
Rehab Administrator (Former Employee) –  Swindon30 September 2018
Greeting patients and visitors. Data recording and appointments booking. Filing and retrieving information for patient treatment. Handling work diary's for therapist.
productive
Discharged coordinator Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 September 2018
Is when the pathway is tricky, somehow you will have to find all the episodes to make the the pathway look good and accurate. Is a very great thing meeting different people from different background and i was able to l earn so many things.
great place to work
Booking Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire25 January 2018
great place to work. Parking always an issue. Working in windowless environment is depressing.

Staff are great and always positive and supportive. Good canteen.
Pros
training
Cons
difficult parking
Organised and Efficient
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire14 January 2018
Volunteering in the GWH has allowed me to gain new skills that will help me in any job. Overall the GWH is very efficient and keeps the workers productive.
Stimolante e amichevole
Nurse in Charge Paediatric Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire2 July 2017
Condizioni di lavoro notevolmente migliori rispetto a salari, ferie, orari di lavoro e tempo libero rispetto a quelli italiani. Offre concreta crescita professionale per i volenterosi!
Pros
Stimolante e amichevol posto di lavoroe, crescita professionale
Cons
Swindon cittadina di provincia, poco stimolante se giovani.
A lot of interesting things to learn
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire10 June 2017
This job can be heard at times, but working as a team we all get the job done, the management as well as work environment is superb, they always but the service user at first priority which is what I like about Great Western Hospital.
It's interesting working in Phlebotomy team
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire30 March 2017
I am currently working as a volunteer in great western hospital in swicc in SPA department
Which is a team of community phebotomists Helping the staff in admin work ,setting appointments and routes for the community phlebotomists and various other works
Friendly place to work in
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Swindon26 October 2016
I only went to the Great Western for one week whilst completing work experience but for that week I was made to feel very welcome and was treated just like any other member of staff there.
house keeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Swindon12 July 2016
lovely and great hospital

very busy

staff very helpful

many wards

great hard working nurses

and doctors
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hrs
Interesting and educating workplace
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon22 February 2016
A very interesting job. Amazing co-workers and brilliant management team. The most enjoyable part of this position was learning new things and increasing my knowledge of the scientific world.
busy & understaffed
Outpatients Booking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Swindon17 February 2016
great place to work, very busy lots of pressure, but very good place to work, enjoyed working as part of a very professional team.
days i worked
front line manager (Former Employee) –  swindon12 October 2015
go to work on the floors speak to sisters make sure they where happy meet with infection control to do pda to reach the 95 % that showed the room had been cleaned to a standard , do return to work ,do personel improvement plans, do training that i had to do
Pros
there was no pros
Cons
dealing with multi culture workers
The Great Western Hospital
Clinical Risk and Patient Safety Team (Current Employee) –  Swindon, ENG31 May 2015
My job has been very varied as I have experienced working in many different area's which has given me a greater understanding of how the NHS and the hospital here in Swindon operates.
Helpful and friendly workplace
Audio Typist (Former Employee) –  Swindon, ENG9 April 2015
The Great Western Hospital is a nice place to work. The staff are very helpful and understanding.

It was helpful to work in different departments because it gave me the chance to learn more about the work that the Specialists do in different clinics.
Pros
Nice place to work. Nice people to work with.
Cons
Long distance travel made it a long day
Rewarding work place
Receptionist admin clerk (Current Employee) –  Swindon, ENG4 January 2015
I have learnt a lot of admin skills while being here. I also gained a lot of new people skills. My management is very good and understanding and always there to help. My co-workers and I share work equally and fairly. The best bit about my current job is seeing the patients every day and understanding a bit about their life and seeing the positive changes, this is very rewarding. A hard part about my job is knowing people have passed away after you've formed a relationship with them.

My typical day at work consist of me ringing patients about their appointments, emailing doctors and their sectaries to keep the clinics running ect, booking patients in and booking follow ups for them, even making tea for the elderly if they have a long wait. It can be stressful at times but I enjoy the challenge.
Pros
10% off at Boots
Cons
N/a
Long hours, poor pay
Auxiliary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Swindon14 July 2014
A very demanding, stressful job, with horrible shift patterns
Extremely busy and productive
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon, ENG12 June 2014
My co workers are amazing we all work extremely hard as a team as this can be a difficult and emotional place to work. My typical day would involve excellent patient care, regular medical checks for example blood pressure checks, ecg's, general patient care, liasing with families, doctors and other healthcare professionals. Record keeping and admin. The hardest part of my job is the passing of patients.
Cons
long hours, only 40min, no progression opportunites