Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity

Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity Employee Reviews

Former Corporate Account Assistant at Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity
Corporate Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 February 2018
I have previously worked for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity, assisting corporate clients and participating and encouraging employee fundraising and supporting corporate fundraising days.
Inspiring and interesting place to work
volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, UK31 December 2017
Great Ormond St Hospital Children's Charity is a large charity, with a great office environment. It has a good work-life balance ethos, plus collaboration is encouraged between the large teams that make up the charity. Social activities such as work lunches, and attending sporting events as a team to cheer on our fundraisers was encouraged and supported.
A harmonious work environment where supportiveness sand positive attitudes were encouraged.
Pros
Positivity and opportunities to learn
Cons
Large and sprawling charity
Excellent Charity
Database Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2017
One of the best working experiences I have had in my career. Worked with very talented people in a very supportive environment. A very forward thinking and ambitious organization.
Pros
Travelcard subsidy, competitive salaries and a very good culture
Cons
Can't think of any.
Very rewarding environment to work in.
Medical PA (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 June 2017
You never know what will fall into your lap at GOSH which is why I have loved working there. The feeling you have at the end of everyday is very rewarding. It feels like one big team as you are all working towards to he same goal, to give the children the best care possible.

It can be hard if you are working closely with the children and you can't save them, but on the other hand when you manage to cure a child the feeling is indescribable.

The workplace culture is very strict but this is due to the nature of the organisation.
Pros
Work for a good cause.
Cons
NHS wages are quite low.
A compassionate and professional workplace
Challenge Events Manager (Former Employee) –  London29 September 2016
Working alongside colleagues who shared my vision to ensure that Great Ormomdd Street Hospital Children's Charity worked its hardest to provide for the needs of the hospital to enable it to continue to provide outstanding care for sick children.
Pros
Compassionate working culture
ok
Online Editor (Current Employee) –  london10 June 2016
An ok place to work.

Great cause mismanaged into oblivion.

no internal promotions. badly paid brand department.

No mental health care policy.
Pros
lunch
Cons
hours
Enjoyable but career restrictive
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Holborn5 April 2016
I did the managements for various fundraising projects as well as the property accounts. This would involve analysis and investigations and review variance analysis. I would write reports for the deputy director of finance to submit to the various boards for property and maintenance equipment. I attended monthly meetings for medical equipment purchasing and acted as finance delegate within this meeting to provide assistance where required
Co workers were good but high turnover of staff
Enjoyed every minute
Helping charity (Former Employee) –  Ashford19 June 2015
Helping the less fortunate is the best feeling ever. I really enjoyed baking the cakes and decorating the same. I also enjoyed selling.
Pros
Selling and baking
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity. Our community is ready to answer.

Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity Reviews by Job Title