Great Bear Distribution Employee Reviews

Good places to work if youre a hard working idividual
Team Leader/Operations Controller (Current Employee) –  Markham Vale Chesterfield1 April 2019
Started as a FLT driver and quickly moved into teamleader position, and soon became step up ops controller. Good money for the type of work people do and a good place to develop into a good worker
Pros
Good development
Good lads in warehouse ,,poor managers
Oprative (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire30 March 2019
They set targets people hit them and you still get told it's not good enough,, the place is disorganised
..managers and team leaders seem to be able to go for breaks and cigarettes whenever they want but if an operative is 1 minute over their break then your issued a file note 3 file notes and disciplinery,,,, managers are arrogant
Pros
It pays bills
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Management worse than the Gestapo
Dogs body (Former Employee) –  Chadderton, Greater Manchester15 March 2019
Totally bigotted managers that do not know ones backside from ones elbow.
Full of backstabbers and butt lickers creating a toxic environment.
Avoid if possible.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Bigotted opinions of management
absolute disgrace of a company to work for! AVOID
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Chadderton, Greater Manchester14 March 2019
my review is based on the Chadderton branch no job Secuirty I worked on co pack for 7 weeks on 6-2 shift your Lucky to get 5 days unless the female supervisor likes you your alright , you've got old people working harder than some of the people on there I grafted my back out to basically get told on a Saturday while doing overtime by the female supervisor that I wasn't apart of the main team and I looked like a bad boy and basically i live a boring life! 0 job security say or do the wrong thing your hours are cut the following week people going to the toilets every 2 minutes for about half hour best thing I did was get out of there , you had people disappearing for 3 weeks then coming back and getting the days then people getting cancelled on worked in my fair share of warehouses and this is bottom of the list the place needs reporting to trading standers and some of management haven't got a clue how to do there job! don't believe me get a job there and find out yourself! bunch of racists unless your European your made to feel and spoken to like rubbish! adios
Pros
the other staff on co pack are brilliant people
Cons
low pay no security rubbish management
Nice place apart from some people
Co-pack (Former Employee) –  Chadderton, Greater Manchester18 January 2019
Nice place to work l give management 2stars because they seem to ignore the racial issue on co -pack an old woman and man who should be tending to grandchildren are always make bad report and discriminate against Asians and African only few African work there and management seem turn blind eye the two are big problem otherwise place is lovely place for workl working for agency no contract for co-pack
Pros
Nice place
Cons
Bad people on co -pack not enough diversity too much racism
Not secure
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bulwell, Nottinghamshire16 November 2018
Long Hours on MHE is a con of the job but if you do not mind this then it will be ok for you. It is a shame when there is protection for certain people for whatever reason. I have been working here for a while and do not like the atmosphere of people falling out and arguing at work and nothing seems to even boil over.
You may be asked to work Days and Nights but if you do not mind working both days and nights then you may enjoy this job.
No morale
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Desborough, Northamptonshire9 November 2018
I have worked in desborough for 8+ years,I’m leaving due to poor management & zero morale or motivation on shift - some genuinely decent people on shift,but everyone is treated like dirt,ridiculous pick rates set & to many “useless” team leaders that talk down to you - they stand around doing nothing & get paid for it.. If your face fits you get by ok,if not your picked on.
Feel sorry for the guys left there - Many people leaving & many more looking to leave.
I am trained on reach & loading,but am put in pick 4 days out of 5 most weeks - used to be a pleasant place to work,but has gone downhill quickly in last 2 years ...
Pros
Location & weekly pay
Cons
Favouritism, poor management, no morale.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Operative/Admin (Former Employee) –  Deeside7 November 2018
Fast pace and always something to do.
Management was horrible, always nit picking and making the job harder than necessary. Weekly tool box talks where always shouting at all the staff and constant put downs
Pros
Lots to do, fast paced
Cons
Bad attitudes, lots of walking and lifting
Incompetent Managemant
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Desborough11 September 2018
careless about their employees. Other than that it is a modern work environment. Not a lot to benefit but it might can start someone's career. Senior management should consider to treat their employees a bit better.
Fun environment to work in and great staff members
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Desborough, Northamptonshire11 June 2018
I was offered a full time job at Great Bear Distribution, however i could not take this job on due to the fact i was going to University and had other ambitions. Luckily, Great Bear Distribution gave me the opportunity to work part-time through agency.
This was beneficial for me because every time i went back to my hometown 'Kettering', they would always take me on.

This place is an enjoyable place to work in and can build a good healthy work relationship with others easily.
Pros
Morning shift is worth it as you get the rest of the day to yourself
Cons
Shift work
Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire30 May 2018
I have worked for many bad places but great bear has definitely got to be the best warehouse job going.
Even more so if your lucky enough to be on 4 on 4 off days I say this because the work life balance is excellent and these shifts patterns are extremely rare (try finding a 4 on 4 off day job without any skills starting from scratch I believe you will struggle) so excellent if you have kids/ family. There is also plenty of overtime throughout the year the lower management are excellent always listen to any concerns you have can have a laugh and are good at accommodating holidays, I’ve never had an issue with them.

Training is also good if your keen and wanting to learn other areas of the company.
Pros
Excellent work life balance/ great overtime rate/ holiday requests
productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Desborough17 May 2018
A highly motivated and hardworking individual. I'm a good timekeeper
always willing to learn new skills. I am able to work independently and also within team setting.
oppresive workplace
Facilities Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hoddesdon23 April 2018
bullying culture, no benefits, poor management, used to be a great place to work but current management attitude to staff is extremely poor, company needs to look at how they treat people.
Pros
Cons
no progression, poor holiday entitlement, no benefits
Was good work
Cover Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Deeside9 April 2018
Good to work for great bear beacouse I have experience on lot of different truck and how they work with products delivery and very friendly managmet h
Pros
Free coffe
Cons
Rotate shift
Agency work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Skelmersdale19 February 2018
Working through an agency some times being sent home as there was no work that day. Bad organisation from the agency more than Great Bear. All PPE supplied and training given on driving fork lift truck.
Packer
Packer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire5 February 2018
Very slow to start off with always standing around waiting for something to do. Did get sent home early a handful of times do to nothing to do. When stock did come we were still waiting to get started to get something to do.
very productive and fun place
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Deeside, Flintshire29 January 2018
a special job with special people who are doing their best to help and support their employees.
I laughed a lot but I worked hard, the most enjoyable was in the night shift.
not a horrendous place but needs a lot of improvement
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Desborough2 January 2018
Not a bad place overall but just depressing and management needs to improve. But the money is alright and its all numbers in this place your not treated as a person most of the time.
Pros
money is pretty good
Cons
not paid for breaks/ no morale whatsoever.
Egos r us
Office Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire10 December 2017
All they do is have meetings and shout at people

No management skills whatsoever nasty company avoid at all costs they will use you and have you doing all their work for them 52 hours a week then sack you when youve finished it.
Pros
some nice people work in the warehouse
Cons
long hours no breaks shouty management
Like say before my opinion is good for Great Bear
Warehouse Operative/FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  Chadderton29 October 2017
Like say before my opinion is good for Great Bear , was good team and management not so good ;) sometimes too much overtime Often missed staff, all shifts 4on4off any5on7