Grant Thornton

Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

United Kingdom68 reviews
Collaborative and Supportive
Great place to work although non fee earning roles are subject to restructure every few years which can be exhausting! Great development opportunities and for the most part great teams and individuals to work with and learn from.
Case Administrator - Advisory
A typical day - extremely varied as I managed a case load of 150.
What learned- a thorough grounding ( mainly on the job) of Personal Insolvency processes, in addition to producing accounts and Chartered Accountancy requirements such as commerciality & time recording.

Management- good and very approachable at all levels.

Culture- collaboration and fostering of ideas and an openess to new ideas and technology, to improve the product delivered to clients.
Awesome company with a real family feel
Best place i have ever worked... They make the effort to make everyone feel welcome and appreciated. Not got a bad word to say about them. Lovely people with a great atmosphere, very relaxed but stil very professional.
Pros
Lots of perks, too many to list
Cons
None... i have nothing bad to say about the company 6 months in...
Great place to learn
Challenging financial targets but surrounded and supported by great people.

I enjoyed my time here and met some incredible people at the top of their field. You will learn a lot.
Great experience
I felt I grew and developed more in the 18 months with the firm than I did in 13 years in a previous company.
The culture is good and the people were all great to work with.
Decent experience
I have been associated with the company since last 6 months. Company is ok to work with. Decent exposure to the midsize clients. work life balance is ok.
Excellent people to work with and a fantastic culture
Employed on a fixed term contract I felt welcome and included from day one. The sense of support amongst every colleague was immense. Management were very supportive but really encouraged people to use their own initiative.
Productive and collaborative workplace
Hardworking but culture is very relaxed offering agile working. Staff are friendly and always willing to help. Busy office, lots to do, never seems enough hours in the day
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Grant Thornton?
Hard workers
A typical day at work is starting at 9 AM and finishing at 7/8 PM, but on the other side, you learn a lot about accountancy, audit, national and IFRS requirements.
Accounts production
This place is terrible and I mean woeful to work for. when starting you are given 2 weeks training where you are lead into a false sense of security that it's a fun place to work. It's really not it's the same thing day in day out and it's boring as well as that there is no chance to progress unless you are willing to kiss the leaders and management backside .upon taking the job I was told it was flexible hours and could work from early morning until 3.30pm so could be home to get kids from school, instead I did this and got a warning as no matter what time you start you have to stay until 4pm earliest

If you want a job that is boring and no chance to progress this is for you otherwise I would stay clear.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job
Fun, busy, fast paced
A day in Grant Thornton is never the same as the last and always busy, my day consists of a team catch up with my Business Support Team in the morning, a quick maintenance check around the office and then get to work;
Finance

Supplier Invoices

Dairy Management

Client AML

Billing

Maintainence Contracts

Facilties
Pros
Pizza & Beer each month and Payday Breakfast
Cons
Work life balance, undertsaffed
Workload not reflective of Job Title/Salary
The workloads were disproportionate to the job title and the salary. Another office in Manchester was opened where there were people hired with less experience but paid c£5,000pa more than people who had been in Belfast for 10years+.

Not a good company to work for.
A brief spell as a tax trainee
Typical second-tier national firm of accountants. More friendly and easy-going than the Big 4. Job included a training contract, so they paid for my tax course. Wasn't for me though.
Great place to work - able to evolve with the company
Great management who allowed the ability for roles to evolve for those that were interested in diversifying their skills. Marketing was a new area of specialism for auditors and it was embraced.
Pros
Ability to grow with the company
Cons
the relocation to Milton Keynes
Overall this is a good company to work for, staff are friendly and helpful. Good onsite facilities. Salary could be higher but overall Grant Thornton is a great place to work.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No job progression.
Good company to work for with friendly staff
Good company to work for with a focused but relaxed environment and very friendly and supportive staff. Although at times there was not a lot of work for my role, leaving a lot of time feeling unproductive.
Pros
Good environment and friendly staff
Cons
At times not enough work
Supportive employer
I found Grant Thornton to be a supportive employer who took a punt on me at a time when I had no experience.

There is an expectation to work long hard hours, which goes with the job, but the rewards are good if you put the effort in.

Study support was provided, as was time off to study.

Overall I would recommend working there.
Grant thornton is does not facilitate work life balance for its employees
This company was a good company to work for, however as the SMT changed this is no longer the case, staff not valued and working above requirements not rewarded in any way,
Cons
Excessive travel and long hours without additional remuneration
Accounts Production Technical Specialist
Grant Thornton UK LLP generally has a good working enviroment, built on team working. Very flexible and good work life balance. The Belfast structure is a bit unlilke in most practices as it does not promote development for qualified accountants.
Pros
Good working enviroment, colleagues very supportive and great team work. Very flexible and good work life balance.
Cons
A qualified accountant indirectly reports to mere team leaders, who have no technical expertise on the role requirements, this is frustrating to qualified accountants, and is trigerring a lot of recent resignations, pay is below market rates, there is zero prospects for accountants career progression within the Belfast department
Amazing company
Grant thornton is such an amazing company to work for, the environment is so friendly and the people are amazing and friendly to work with and the pay is incredible
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not enough work
Generous but commercial
The overall pay and benefits package at Grant Thornton was very generous but when commercial decisions to cut programmes and costs were made they were very efficient!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grant Thornton. Our community is ready to answer.