Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

Amazing company
CAST Administrator (Former Employee) –  Belfast6 August 2018
Grant thornton is such an amazing company to work for, the environment is so friendly and the people are amazing and friendly to work with and the pay is incredible
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not enough work
Good staff
Audit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Belfast19 July 2018
The staff were friendly and helpful there wasnt always lots of work to be done. Hours were really suitable with week ends off. The workload was ok, and staff were always on hand to help with regular meetings.
Great work and travel opportunties
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 May 2018
Enjoy my time here, travel to places only ever hoped to go to such as South Africa - Cape Town. Great fun people with open minds and a view of the future.
Pros
Travel opportunties
Cons
Often working along.
See previous review
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moorgate Station5 April 2018
Grant Thornton is a fair organization. Pretty average in terms of workload and stress levels. A lot of talented people here being underused and underpaid I feel.
Pros
Talented people
Cons
Lack of scope
Very flexible but still some progress
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 February 2018
Very flexible place to work with great team spirit and culture. Leadership is main weakness, with limited focus on team development and cross-business alignment. Great CEO who is very focused on making GT a great place to work, so hopefully more leadership improvements to come.
Pros
Flexible working, employee spirit, Ceo
Cons
Leadership / Partner politics
Productive work place
Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Istnabul16 February 2018
- audit company
- I was part of tax audit team
- different fields
- good impact for future career
- friendly work place
- improving your skills
- values to staff
Office work
IVA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim18 January 2018
Helping clients deal with debt and resolving issues that arise in their lives to help them through IVA to completion.

Helping people who can become very emotional in dealing with financial problems.
Pros
Monday to Friday
A well established accountancy and Insolvency firm
Administrator (Former Employee) –  County Antrim9 January 2018
Great place for developing knowledge in the realms of accountancy and/or insolvency. Working as a member of the recovery and reorganization department i developed a good understanding of business practices and dealing with a high volume of clients.
Pros
Decent pay for low level qualifications, good benefits structure
Cons
Monotonous work, long hours
Great company to work for
People Manager / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Belfast14 November 2017
The GT mentality of one of everyone being in the same team, no matter what level of management you speak to they are always at hand to lend an ear or their experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow career progression
professional environment
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 October 2017
The workplace culture is different from the big 4, it is more engaging, relaxed and less hierarchical. Smaller teams allow better experience and more involvement with clients, if that what you are aiming to acquire.
Pros
fun, professional, balanced
Cons
less diverse
Mainly an enjoyable place to work
Secretary/PA (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 October 2017
There was rarely a typical day at work. Various types of clients, both internal and external, to deal with both face to face and over the telephone with all sorts of queries.

Over the years the IT packages changed dramatically and so various skills had to be adapted accordingly to produce different types of documents.

Members of support staff were able to cover various roles including reception cover when necessary.

Many of the staff made the office an enjoyable place to be.
Good company
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 September 2017
Professional office with varied levels of expertise.

There was room for growth within the company.

Work place was nice and people were friendly and professional.
Laid back and and not overly corporate
General Operative (Current Employee) –  london31 August 2017
Great work life balance. Unlimited holiday allowance, though you will struggle to find a quiet period to take the time off. the work can become rather dull after a while but the company overall offer a great work life balance with little stress involved.
Pros
laid back atmposphere
Cons
not very interesting
Work
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire26 July 2017
Amazing company to work for and extremely supportive regarding a work/life balance.
Fast past but friendly - great salaries and benefits. Lots of chances for promotions and advancing into new departments
It was okay.
Systems Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 June 2017
It was a short-term contract. I got the job through an agency. Working day was long. I was mislet and underpaid through the agency that forwarded me the job (PayStream, they are called).
Pros
Has canteen wih nice food
Cons
Long hours, repetitive work.
Loved it
Junior Analyst (Former Employee) –  London5 June 2017
Although I only spent one week at grant thornton i really enjoyed my time there and i was constantly learning new things. the work was challenging and very interesting.
Fun place to work with little atress
Accounts production associate (Current Employee) –  Belfast10 May 2017
Love my job and the people I work alongside however the chance of progression is slim and the salary is poor to say we have no real benefits, I would be sad to leave the role and my colleagues and I have learnt a lot in my time here
not a great place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire12 April 2017
Career progress is limited unless you are in the "click" of certain management of departments. Hours aren't great and temporary contracts are the norm but you don't get told they are renewing you until a week before by which time you have found another job
Not recommended for women with children
HR Admin Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire10 March 2017
Not flexible with employees (women) looking for a worklife balance, management appear to have fallen in to position as opposed to acquiring the skills needed to manage effectively
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
No work life balance
One of the worst companies to work for!
Senior Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 March 2017
Where to begin...

In my time here, it's a wonder the Glasgow branch hasn't been closed down. I've had to explain to directors and project managers how DPA works and how their processes were violating it. I've fed back on numerous things that don't work which Grant Thornton has consistently ignored which is leading to clients leaving left, right and centre. There is no management or direction at all. The company clearly doesn't invest in its employees.

The only reason I left my last job was that Grant Thornton promised CIPP training paid for at the interview and in the job offer. When I started, they said it wasn't covered. They have done that to several people now, including accountants and bookkeepers. It's become apparent that they'll say whatever you want to hear just to get you to start and then deny all knowledge of it once you're in.

The office is also full of double standards; those who are "in" with the higher ups, walk around doing whatever they want, whereas, the rest of us just have to blink the wrong way and the world ends.

This company is also very intrusive; having you fill out multiple timesheets a day and demanding to know how you're filling your day down to the second - beware if you go to the bathroom!

The directors have even gone so far as to say to some members of staff that they're not welcome as there is no need for them; completely unprofessional.

Their latest stint is hiring managers who have no management experience and, in fact, no experience in the field in which they intend to manage.

Do not waste your time by applying
  more... for this company; bad pay, bad hours, bad working environment, bad, if any, management.

Honestly, working here is like working at a really, really bad call centre!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grant Thornton. Our community is ready to answer.