Grand Union Housing Group Employee Reviews

2.3Pay & Benefits
Terrible workplace culture
Officer (Former Employee) –  Cranfield, Bedfordshire25 January 2019
Lack of promotion for employees unless your face fits. No desire to retain employees and develop them along with the business. Certain managers run heads of service and HR bend to their will right or wrong. Certain teams are being managed so poorly people are leaving every month.

Not sure if the CEO et al realise or even care how badly some teams are being run, people doing 2/3 jobs can’t get anymore money. But certain managers can get pay rises for positions they aren’t necessarily fully qualified for and things are amended to fit this new pay rise with no regard for affected employees.

Jobs advertised and those in team completely clueless this was happening. No discussions no encouragement to throw your hat in the ring, often told not good enough to apply.
Pros
Modern clean offices, able to work flexible hours
Cons
Poor promotion opportunities, ridiculous static pay scale. Management don’t care.
Great working conditions
Independent Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Various13 January 2019
I've worked at many companies, both good and bad. Grand Union is definitely the former of these two.

I'm not micro-managed, but support is always there if needed, both from my manager and other team members.

The culture at Grand Union (in my experience) is one of openness and people working together to ensure people and property are taken care of. This is place I hope to be until I retire.
Pros
People focused business, autonomy, and trust, pay and working conditions, culture
Cons
On call
Not a good place to work
Head of Service Delivery (Current Employee) –  Cranfield, Bedfordshire7 January 2019
Bullying culture, performance managed through fear.

There was a great culture until about 12 months ago. Staff treated with contempt and that says a lot about how they treat customers
Pros
Cons
Poor communication