Play YouTube video button
Grand Union Housing Group

Grand Union Housing Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
Social housing experts
Great company within social housing moving through a lot of unification and bettering themselves as a company. Very understanding of tenants and provide many services rather than just being a landlord.
Excellent culture very supportive and fast moving
Amazing place to work, never looked back.

Although the pace is fast and there's plenty of work to do its a lovely environment and the staff are very supportive of each other. The HR team are amazing from interview to induction (and beyond).

Great work life balance through agile working opportunities and sense of fun around the office when we are all together.

If you get the chance to work for Grand Union Housing Group jump at it you wont regret it.
Varied and interesting
I worked as a Housing Officer and Sales Advisor over the period I was with Grand Union.
It was varied and very busy, know 2 days where the same.

Interesting job
Supportive and empowering organisation
GUHG is truly the best place I have worked, I feel valued and trusted to carry out my duties, I have autonomy to work on what I feel will benefit the organisation and our customers.
We have a genuine 'what we do matters' culture and we certainly put our customers at the heart of what we do.

There has been a lot of change over recent years, which I feel has been managed well and staff have been supported through this period.

There are so many great people who work at GUHG, the people make it a great place to be, everyone treats each other with respect and we have fun too!

Our Chief Executive is an inspirational leader and cares deeply about her staff and her customers, her 'door' is always open if you need a chat.

To top all of this we now have an amazing new office and touch down points which make you feel 'awesome' the minute you walk through the door; I love going to work, and feel energised and motivated to succeed.
A well balanced, fair, people focussed, committed to personal & professional development organisation.
Had the privilege of 10 amazing years working at GUHG. An organisation which is absolutely committed to its values, morals and principles. Particularly around respect, fairness, trust and honesty.
Pros
Personal and Professional development opportunities. Very fair salaries which represent experience, knowledge and responsibility of the role. Very flexible and agile working opportunities.
Cons
None.
Great company to work for
I have been at this organisation for over 10 years and yes there have been changes over the years, these have improved the service we provide to the customers and to grow the business. There are good training opportunities, agile working, flexible, good health benefits and support from management.
A culture of trust
I have worked in various organisations before settling at Grand Union Housing and can say confidently that Grand Union Housing truly get what it means to instil trust in a work culture. We are totally agile which allows everyone to work at their own pace and in a ‘window’ that works for them. Everyone is approachable and encouraged to take ownership of any situation. No fear with taking risks. Awesome organisation.
Genuinely brilliant place to work
I've worked at GUHG for nearly 7 years, it's a brilliant place to work and in recent years has bought in agile working which has been brilliant for managing a work life balance. CEO genuinely cares about everyone in the organisation and there are lots of oppertunitys for training and development. It's a really happy place to work and "what we do matters" is is a genuine staff ethos that we all take on.
Pros
Agile working, friendly staff, working somewhere that makes a difference, good benefit package, training and development
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Grand Union Housing Group?
Great organisation to work for
It is a shame that only those with really negative experiences write these sorts of reviews. GUHG has over 300 staff so the outside world is not getting a balanced view here.

I have worked for Grand Union for over 10 years and can say that it is the best organisation that I have ever worked for - I am one of many long-serving staff who I am sure would feel the same. The ethos, reason we are here and intention is without question in my opinion. When GUHG participated, we were in the Top 100 Best Not for Profit Companies to work for, for many years.

The Exec are accessible and extremely approachable. A number of staff have returned to the organisation after having left - I think this is a fantastic indicator of how good an organisation is to work for.
Pros
Lots of training and development, secondment opportunities, really friendly, parking, working for a great cause
Cons
Unfortunately not progression opportunities for all due to size, but lots of examples of career changers, probably need to be more challenging of really negative people!
Great if you’re an apprentice but otherwise don’t bother
Managers don’t stick around, HR are unsupportive, don’t follow basic procedures and then lie about it and their new ‘transparency’ culture is clear as mud! It’s a shame because the basic principles are there but they are keeping the wrong people and getting rid of hard working dedicated people. What they do does matter and they do their best for their customers but they treat their staff very poorly
Pros
Free tea and coffee, nice offices, some lovely people
Cons
HR lie, staff don’t feel valued
Terrible workplace culture
Lack of promotion for employees unless your face fits. No desire to retain employees and develop them along with the business. Certain managers run heads of service and HR bend to their will right or wrong. Certain teams are being managed so poorly people are leaving every month.

Not sure if the CEO et al realise or even care how badly some teams are being run, people doing 2/3 jobs can’t get anymore money. But certain managers can get pay rises for positions they aren’t necessarily fully qualified for and things are amended to fit this new pay rise with no regard for affected employees.

Jobs advertised and those in team completely clueless this was happening. No discussions no encouragement to throw your hat in the ring, often told not good enough to apply.
Pros
Modern clean offices, able to work flexible hours
Cons
Poor promotion opportunities, ridiculous static pay scale. Management don’t care.
Not a good place to work
Bullying culture, performance managed through fear.

There was a great culture until about 12 months ago. Staff treated with contempt and that says a lot about how they treat customers
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Union Housing Group. Our community is ready to answer.
Grand Union Housing Group Reviews by Location