Graham

Graham Employee Reviews

United Kingdom47 reviews
Day's start early location varies daily. My role is all about self discipline and management of my working day. People I work with are motivated in a hard working industry.

I have learnt that you need to be patient, flexible, very organised and diligent on a daily basis.

Every day is different the need to wear 'many hats' is important in dealing with clients, my colleagues and the general public .

Working closely is a very important part of my role, supporting others to achieve set goals and challenges as a team helps moral and successes, but also how to deal with dispppointments and hoiw to learn from mistakes.

Flexibility in how I work is an enjoyable part of my role.

most difficult travelling to some locations
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
long distance travel
One of the worst places I have ever worked, I was "advised" by one of my fellow workers that I was working too hard; I ignored the "advice". From then on I was belittled and verbally bullied. I never saw my manager on the area where we worked. When I did finally report the situation to my supervisor I was laughed at. I left on the spot
Great company. Apart from a management team that threatens you're job If u don’t Bend over backwards. If you raised an issue it’s swept under the carpet and The Health and safety is a disgrace.
Amazing place of work and I love all my colleagues, great pay and great management system. Overall amazing opportunity to progress and make a good life..
A nice place to work, very productive, people are very dedicated to their work and willing to assist other colleagues. The safety culture is in a good level. It is the a company that works for a variety of different well-known clients.
Enjoyed working for this company learned a lot good managers. Managers always gave good advice. And helped if you had a problem. I became site forman while working on this site. I had 7 laboureres working under me and I also made sure contractors did as expected and in time.
Worst company I have ever worked for by far. too many chiefs with very little clue of how to run the job. you need to justify every minute you work as they have just bought in a new electronic timesheet system which records every single minute you work, you may as well be self employed as they look to dock you and save money wherever possible. there is no give and take and no swings and round abouts. constantly under the microscope and are controlled in every single aspect of the job. working for this company made me feel depressed.
Pros
Cons
everything
Grahams are a great company to work for.
The managemnt are great and so are the staff that I work with.

I really enjoy my job and look forward to working with Grahams for a long time.

They are constantly winning new contracts and I feel I have great job security with Grahams.

I have learned a lot and have been trained on things like Autocad which is improved my skills.
Pros
Work collegaues and management
Cons
Current office we are in could be nicer
I like very much working for GRAHAM, I've never been micro-managed and they put a lot of trust in their employees to deliver the goods, whilst allowing them to take time out for childcare and looking after vulnerable adults, very understanding in this area.

A laid back company but only with those they know well and can trust. They have good judgement on those that will go the extra mile and show their appreciation for this.

My job involves lots of contact with my operatives and we work as a great team, reading each other like books and fitting together to a 'T'

I know lots more about managing my own and my operative's workloads and everybody helps each other, super friendly team and the HR care profusely about their employees wellbeing.

No shortage of work and kept busy all the time, the time flies as a result, it doesn't seem like I've worked there four years.

The hardest part of the job is getting jobs done at the weekends and finding sites that are prepared to open up at the weekends, finding operatives to do the work is no problem.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we've all worked to our full potential and all endeavour to provide the best service we can.
Pros
Child Care Vouchers, Discounted Gym Membership, Extra Hols For Every Completed Year Worked
Cons
Some Salaries I Think Could Be Improved
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Graham?
Having worked for GRAHAM for 11 years I have to say that as a company with a clear plan for the future there is no better.
The senior management and fully engaged with the staff and operatives, and on an annual basis they take the time to get out of the office, and go around every site/contract to give the staff on the ground the opportunity to understand and feed into the plans for the future.

If you work hard they reward accordingly, but don’t be fooled they don’t suffer fools or those looking for an easy time, they will manage you to perform or move you on.

However I have never known a company who are more committed to internal development, there are lots of examples of operatives moving from the tools to senior Project Management roles in a few short years.

There is more than one example of helpdesk staff getting the support and training to take on positions that affords them a great career path in one of the many parts of the company.

They truly support apprenticeships and will pay for current staff take whatever training required to progress upwards in the company.

All in all GRAHAM are a great company to work for, and I would encourage you to come and join one of the success stories in the industry of recent years.
Pros
No Micro Management
Cons
Head Office Support Staff could be more helpful
This was a temporary position and was a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.It enabled me to gain new and valuable skills to take forward into future employment.
it is good, very busy typically, learnt a lot, workplace culture is good hardest part is the travelling. most enjoyable part is the work nights they sometimes do
from this job I learnt that punctuality is a key important part of work and I've really took this on board also I learnt a lot a things about the trade and learnt to understand things that I didn't think I would be able too
Working with Graham construction gives you the oppertunity to work on a vast ranging different projects. In 2 half years at Grahams i have worked on 4 different projects all completly different but demanding.
I undertook voluntary work to gain some further work experience within the construction sector. My role although voluntary was quite vast. I had previously obtained a CSCS card
Should have known what to expect after being kept waiting almost an hour after agreed interview time with no apology. Lied to me from day one. I left a permanent, well paid job for the promises they made me, all of which were not truep. Outdated work practises, treat engineers with contempt and claim to care about H&S but as usual, only until you raise an issue when you are accused of being workshy or a troublemaker. Avoid this company at all costs. They basically cost me my house when, without warning, they decided my role no longer suited their business model and terminated my employment after 6 months. Shocking.
Pros
Other engineers were decent lads
Cons
Shockingly outdated management, blame culture, lack of feedback, blatant lies.
A typical day required me to act as assistant to an engineer onsite. We had to make measurements of the area for the workmen using a variety of tools. It was a little boring but this was no-one's fault, there was just very little for me to do.
Pros
Short days, could visit anywhere for lunch
Cons
Most of the time I wasn't very busy
I really enjoyed working at Graham Group but changes were made within the company and I was made redundant. Whilst at the company I did learn a lot of skills within the company
Pros
Excellent people to work with
Excellent company to work for. Management and Staff are excellent and good development opportunities if that is what you are looking for. Enjoyable time whilst working there.
Working with a good team. However long hours and no home life balance. Good experience with a helpful team. Workplace is friendly and management helpful.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Unfortunately since my employ commenced, the speed of the growth of the group has exceeded all expectations. It is now envisaged that turnover will increase from £508Million this year, to over £1Billion by 2020/that's doubling in turnover in the space of 3 years!

In consequence, there has been an almost chaotic recruitment drive, whicvh makes one dubious of the successful applicant quality.

Arising matters from this include position-advancement routes blocked by all and sundry, and pressure to relocate to commutable distance from offices not even opened yet!
Pros
Grow with the company.
Cons
Unfair pressure levied to relocate.