Grafton Recruitment Employee Reviews

Very helpful in finding a job
Temp for office based roles (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry15 January 2019
Very helpful, friendly staff who helped me find work very quickly
Highly recommend signing up with this company if you are currently searching for work
Stay away
Street Cleanser (Former Employee) –  Limavady, County Londonderry15 January 2019
Grafton recruitment staff are some of the Nastiest people I've meet. I Raised health and safety issues with them about my assignment. They told me they were investigating the issues I raised but they did not they just give me a run around then fired me. In November past a man died in Limavady doing the exact job I was doing and had raised the issues about. Grafton have no respect for human life. They just get money for nothing and if you raise issues they will fire you and get someone else in your place. That's why they exist easy in easy out for employers. As I say stay away
Pros
Not one pro
Cons
Fired for raising health and safety issues.
How are the grafton staff in jobs?
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry5 January 2019
Even before my assignment started I had problems, being told that an one of the recruitment consultants would get back to me but never did I had to chase after her for days , the management in the place I work had the same issue. Never acknowledge emails and never return calls. Then over Christmas they messed up the pay, firstly by not paying me my holdidays then by paying them into the wrong bank account when I was told the day before face to face the arrears would definitely be paid into my new account. All this with me having sent numerous emails about updated bank details , asked for them to be acknowledged but never were. All in all very poor service from the staff I have dealt with.
Pros
The place I work at are a great bunch
Cons
Staff at grafton lack basic communication skills and manners
Good place and expierence
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim27 December 2018
Join catering team before. Was quite ok at start. Then slowly did blocked me on fb team about catering job. Didnt go back without any reason. I got bully by 1 of girl in Grafton and didn't let me to stay on. I didn't do anything wrong. I go to work in every shift. Can Grafton fire her instead of me? Can make friends yes and sometime free food but not very good company so stay away.
Pros
Free food sometime
Cons
Catering in xmax is busy
Workplace forgot about customers
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Belfast22 August 2018
It was good that they would find you jobs, but they often forgot about you.
I learned how to cater to customers and developed a sense of independence when working for Grafton.
Pros
finds jobs for you
Cons
poor management
great agency to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Larne, County Antrim7 June 2018
Enjoyed option of agency work and being able to try position of Customer Service Officer before committing to it. Undertaking and dealing with a wide range of requests and financial transactions, clarifying and understanding customers needs.
Pros
good at providing location requested.
Cons
perhaps like anywhere rate of pay could be a bit more.
cgherf
add hoc chef (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre11 April 2018
I had this work on the weekends but I could not do it anymore so I had to use the recruitment business to help me through this period. With using this recruitment business I was able to work the hours that suited me instead of working hours that suited the business.
Professional place of work
Purchase Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belfast12 March 2018
General admin duties
Learning how to use the Sage operating system
Work place and culture was very good
The most enjoyable part was the great team I worked within.
Cons
good
(Temp) Seagate - General Operator (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry13 November 2017
Always have plenty of various work for those who are willing to work. management and office staff have a welcoming attitude and help however they can.
a big disappointment
zoo crew. zoo stores. zoo keeper (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim3 March 2017
I represented this agency for 3 years. they placed me in Belfast zoo where the experience just got better and better. I started as a cleaner , progressing into the visitors centre and souvenir shop, progressing further still into the zoo stores where the food and diets are prepared for the animals.
I was on occasion asked to assist in taking twilight tours and sponsors evenings and gave my free time to the annual dream night for disabled kids.
so when I was encouraged by my colleagues to apply for a temporary zoo keeper, I did . and I got it, I was honoured but unfortunately an individual made a complaint (citing lack of experience) with pure anonymity and grafton, after being told by belfast city council to put me there, decided to remove me.
since then they have had no time for me. I've been thrown out like a rag doll and get overlooked for any assignments with any long duration to them.
I must surely have been the best prospect for being given a full time job , but they simply did not care .
in summary
No backbone. no consideration. neglectful.
leaving this person utterly heartbroken
Pros
great contacts
Cons
no respect
nice co workers
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast20 January 2017
I feel that while working with Grafton recruitment I was able to meet and work with a large variety of different people from different areas and I feel that this diversity make the experience a lot more enjoyable.
Pros
high wage
Cons
no part time work
Varied but similar
Catering staff (Current Employee) –  Belfast11 January 2017
A typical shift would involve being allocated a team, help them serve food and act in a courteous manner towards clients.
Pros
Different venues
Cons
Given no training so constantly having to learn on the go
Fast paced, fun environment!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Belfast19 September 2016
Nothing stands still, a fun place to work. Great teams engaging cooperatively with each other.

Variety of clients, candidate campaigns and employee engagement initiatives.
Pros
Free Healthcare
A great place to get part time positions while I was in school
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Portadown5 September 2016
I enjoyed working for Grafton and was happy with the different areas they gave me work in. As I took on a lot of different positions while I was at Grafton I did not really have much of the way in progression in any one specific area. I did get to work with a lot of different people when working in factories such as at Tayto's factory in Tandragee but I also got experience in customer service and till work working in cafeterias and cafes. I enjoyed the flexibility working for Grafton gave me as I could choose when and where I would like to work.
Very good
temp, initially (Former Employee) –  Belfast1 May 2016
I found the company very easy to deal with and very much enjoyed my time there.It was a great way of finding a different career path.
Professional people
CSA (Current Employee) –  Belfast14 March 2016
Getting along with my co-workers, is very important. Enough hours, to buy my food, pay rent and public transport are also very important. Job security is number one priority!
Cons
fun place to work good colleague's
shelving (Former Employee) –  newry12 February 2016
well i worked in Newry Sainsbury temporary on the night shift it was good enough job the shift started at 10 pm an ended at 8 am i got paid about 70 pound for each shift
Pros
give me work experience
Cons
night shift and it was temporary
Fun and busy work place
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove25 September 2015
Atypical day at work for me would be dealing with parking equipment breaking and lost tickets, operating CCTV camera's to spot any issues resulting in long delays for people travelling on holidays that may cause stress and missing flights.
Cons
Long hours and Night Shift's
Factory Work
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, NIR25 September 2014
Typical day at work: Worked on a production line
What you learned: Hard work
Management: Easy to work for and friendly
Co-workers: Friendly
Hardest part of job: Monotonous work
Most enjoyable part of the job: Meeting new people
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long days (12+ hours)
Long hours shifts
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Cullybackey, Dromona creamery19 August 2014
Sometimes Diamond didnt call to the work for couple of weeks and didnt pay overtimwe money.
Pros
Funny managment
Cons
Long hours, no overtime money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grafton Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

Grafton Recruitment Reviews by Location