Graduate Recruitment Bureau

Graduate Recruitment Bureau Employee Reviews

My experience with working here is positive. The atmosphere is very lively and we are all encouraged to help each other. Team working is very clear to see, and everyone supports each other.
Pros
Free lunch, atmosphere
Cons
standing all day
I worked my way through this company from Resourcer to Managing Consultant. It's recruitment so there are ups and downs with the role but in terms of training and support, I genuinely believe they are second to none. The training doesn't stop at the basics, it goes right through to management level and how to get the best from your team. The managers show real support and direction from a work and personal perspective. The money has been great, worked hard for it, but very good when it comes through, coming from a terrible academic background I never thought I'd have the chance to do so well. The churn is not actually too bad for a recruitment company however some don't have the minerals to see through the challenges recruitment poses, which is fine, just don't expect it all to fall into your lap, unless you join the right team at the right time that is! The biggest challenge is BD, the candidate side is a walk in the park compared to other recruitment due to the extensive work done to attract grads by the marketing team! I don't think that this is restricted to GRB, BD in recruitment is hard full stop until you have a solid reputation as a recruiter in the market. Culture is good, if you like going to the pub, there could perhaps be a little more on the company rather than the 2 events a year.
Pros
Money, opportunity to direct your own career and progress, flexi-time, good management team
Cons
hours can be challenging, offering the chance to work remotely would be a great plus
GRB is a supportive and collaborative place to work, the training on offer is great and tailored to each individual. There are lots of socials and events going on which helps build up friendships as well as working relationships. As most will state, the hours are tough, but that is recruitment as an industry; however flexible hours allow you to work hours around your life schedule. GRB is very meritocratic and the rewards are there to be reaped. Somebody that is driven and self-motivated would definitely excel in this environment. The ethos and values of the business are also great, with the voices of employees being listened to each year to help set the following year's company aims.
Pros
Sociable company. Training. Founders that actually care about the business/employees.
Cons
Long hours (But it's the industry!)
Every day is different at GRB, you're always working on different tasks. You're always given a lot of support and everyone is always willing to help. There's always a weekly social and you're always working with friends. The hardest adjustment for me was the hours, the hours can be quite lengthy, however, flexi-time allows you to have the option of longer days and shorter ones!
Pros
Socials
Cons
An excellent place to build a career with outstanding support and training in place. The best thing about working at the GRB is without doubt the people; the atmosphere in the office is buzzy and there are always social activities to get involved with. There are also fantastic incentives and opportunities to get involved with volunteering days outside of work. The ongoing training I continue to receive has been outstanding and has equipped me with all the tools I need to forge a successful career with great earning potential. This, combined with the support of senior management, make the GRB a very pleasant place to work. It can take a bit of time to really start seeing the results, but that is the nature of recruitment; what sets the GRB apart from other agencies is the support junior consultants are given to get things off the ground. If you are willing to put in the work, you'll see great results. Senior management really listen to employee feedback and ideas and are often willing to implement changes in line with this. Hours are long initially whilst you're getting started, but this is typical of recruitment.
Pros
Training, support and collegues
Cons
Longer hours than other industries
I have worked at GRB for over a year now and I can see myself being here for a long time. I would describe it as an open and relaxed atmosphere, but at the same time extremely driven. The Founding Directors are part of the team and really do have the welfare of staff at heart as well as the success of the business. Recruitment is long hours to start with, but at GRB we can earn extra holiday days and shorter hours upon meeting certain targets. They also implemented a flexi-time system which is really useful ! They have an amazing in-house coach who specialises in developing people from Resourcer to Consultant level, plus a management training scheme for those who want to go on to build their own team- so as well as great earnings, career progression is guaranteed if you put the work in.
Fantastic experience with them. Staff only recommended jobs that they thought were relevant to me. Got me a job with a starting salary higher than I thought I could get. Would definitely recommend using them.
Pros - Positive and hard working atmosphere - Forward-thinking motivated people - Universal respect with minimal hierarchy - Very positive outlook on growth - Central Brighton office, tucked away 5 minutes from town/seafront - Everyone get's on so well (Props to the hiring here, the social fit is always spot on. Every new member of staff is another friend around the pub table on a Friday with something interesting to say.) Cons - None. Once your feet are under the desk, and business is moving (which IS hard but rewarding work. You either want it or you don't, all the support and training is there) and you want to stay in Brighton, there's no better place to be in this industry.
They were great in preparing me for me interviews and guiding me throughout the whole process. I was provided with helpful tips before the beginning of each stage of the interview process. Finally, they persuaded the hiring company to pay me a bigger salary than initially proposed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Graduate Recruitment Bureau?
The Graduate Recruitment Bureau was invaluable in helping me find a job really quickly after I graduated. Their team provided clear, useful information and helped act as a go-between between myself and the company's HR team. I would recommend using their services if you are a graduate seeking employment.
This is a superb operation in an interesting and growing niche (graduate recruitment). For any experienced recruitment consultant or anyone looking to go into the industry as a trainee, the opportunities here are outstanding. Training....career path....promotion....market-leading commission structure....all the boxes are ticked. The marketing operation that under-pins the whole company is sophisticated, well-established and highly creative. This gives all the recruiters in the company the tools to do the job. The company is also cash-rich - they own their own head office and also their own recruitment database which they designed themselves. Therefore the company is very stable. The 2 owner-directors are some of the most decent people I have met in the recruitment industry - and in 20 years I've met a few! The culture is the right mix of professionalism and fun. I cannot recommend GRB highly enough.
Pros
Fun, stability, earnings potential, career path