Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ)

Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) Employee Reviews

4.7Job Security & Advancement
Welcoming and Enjoyable!
Play worker (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Bournside School20 July 2015
A typical day at work is putting forward activities to keep the children entertained, Part of my day consists of doing 1-1 support with a child with autism spectrum, From this job i've learned that with children there are many responsibilities and it's enabled me to become more independent and it's made me more confident with communicating effectively with both colleagues and children. My management is excellent with keeping everything together, they're very friendly and are always keeping everyone aware of changes and always influencing everyone's opinions on the workplace getting everybody involved. My co-workers are all very friendly and talkative and immediately on first day made me feel as part of the team, I feel the hardest part of the job is using initiative too improve situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing the children chill out and have fun within the playscheme being comfortable around all the staff and other children and making their half term a memorable one.
Pros
Rewarding feeling, lovely coworkers, exciting and fufiling job role