Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ)

Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4 reviews
an amazing place to work, really fun with great people, the lady that was in charge at my location was super friendly and laid back. if i could have the opportunity agin i would 100% do it again.
Some posts can be very rewarding and you can make some really good friends. There are lots of networking opportunities but you need to be a political animal to really travel up the management chain. It also helps if you are male.
GCHQ is a Very good place to work in and friendly staff. the work varies and no one day is the same. Very flexible working hours and holiday entitlement.
A typical day at work is putting forward activities to keep the children entertained, Part of my day consists of doing 1-1 support with a child with autism spectrum, From this job i've learned that with children there are many responsibilities and it's enabled me to become more independent and it's made me more confident with communicating effectively with both colleagues and children. My management is excellent with keeping everything together, they're very friendly and are always keeping everyone aware of changes and always influencing everyone's opinions on the workplace getting everybody involved. My co-workers are all very friendly and talkative and immediately on first day made me feel as part of the team, I feel the hardest part of the job is using initiative too improve situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing the children chill out and have fun within the playscheme being comfortable around all the staff and other children and making their half term a memorable one.
Pros
Rewarding feeling, lovely coworkers, exciting and fufiling job role