Goughs Solicitors

Goughs Solicitors Employee Reviews

Great place to work however, not family orientated or flexible
Great firm with an inclusive attitude to all departments across all offices. Socials well organised and thought out. Good firm to work for with reasonable benefits however, not flexible with family etc. I would not recommend working here if you have a family or any commitments that may require flexibility at work.
I spent a day with the company in Malmesbury. I was picked by the company from an Agency, so I cant comment on wages at the place, cause I dont know about them. Overall impression, very organized, the Conveyancing department - I was the conveyancing dept Secretary and the Solicitor/Partner was really great to work with, he'd said he'd have me back as a temp if the occasion arose. As his experience of Temps, they do nothing.
The staff there were really friendly and chatty, it was a nice work environment to work in and the equipment/computer were good.

The hardest part of the job was understanding the abbrevs in the audio tape. As I am not legally trained or even worked in Conveyancing, I had to keep going into ask the Solicitor for help. He did say he had an open door, but he also had clients, so I couldn't keep barging in for questions and answers.

I really enjoyed my day there and felt the company and staff were really helpful.
Pros
Helpful Solicitor, Helpful Staff, They look after their workers, centre of Malmesbury surrounded by shops and cafes
Cons
The office is up about 3 flights of narrow steep stairs, it is in one of the old buildings overlooking the town centre. It isn't any good if you're disabled, no lift in the building. Car Parking is difficult too and you have to pay for it for the day.
Goughs Solicitors
I thoroughly enjoy working for this company. I have been given invaluable client facing opportunities and the ability to handle files autonomously. I have an excellent relationship with my secretary and close colleagues together with a sociable relationship with other fee earners in the firm. The hardest part of my job is arguing fees and the worth of a job to a client who is on a tight budget. As I qualified at the time of a recession, I found numerous clients were on a tighter budget and looking to save money where possible, including their legal fees. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with my clients and assisting where I can by offering expertise and advise and working with them to achieve a sensible commercial solution.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goughs Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.
Goughs Solicitors Reviews by Location