Gordale Garden Centre

Gordale Garden Centre Employee Reviews

Relaxed and Friendly workplace
I have Aspergers' which makes me really socially awkward, they made me feel welcome and like I was part of the team even though it was a seasonal job.
work experience
Gordale Garden Centre had such a lovely atmosphere i absolutely loved doing my work experience here! staff where very friendly and always there to lend a hand.
Stressful and hostile workplace
I worked within the coffee shop at Gordale Garden centre for approximately six months. Every morning I would worry about going into work as the women I worked with were intimidating and rude. I was not given any formal training, therefore when asked to complete tasks, I was intimidated and made out to be incompetent.
Enjoyable and relaxed Workplace
A typical days work would involve checking the garden centre is safe for staff and customers, serving customers and offering the highest possible standards in customer service, Checking off deliveries and merchandising stock,

I have learnt several important factors regarding different aspects of horticulture, refund policies and health and safety legislation,

The management are on hand at all times to deal with unexpected problems and to authorise special requests such as discounts and special deliveries, working with colleagues is always a pleasure as they are all friendly and very supportive of each other.

The hardest part of the job is to get all your tasks completed, before the store gets to busy with customers, the most enjoyable part of the job is if your lucky enough to have the responsibility of order is to choose new ranges of stock, and actually taking delivery and learning about the new products.
Pros
25% staff Discount
Cons
Late nights until 9pm throughout the summer and over Christmas
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordale Garden Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7