Goodwood Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work place with friendly atmosphere
Part time waiter (Former Employee) –  Goodwood Race Course27 June 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working there and I found it to be a fulfilling experience and I felt as though I was always given help when I might of needed it
Long hours and high pressure
Hospitality Staff (Former Employee) –  Chichester22 June 2017
Worked 12 hour shifts from 7am to 7pm, taking customers orders, accepting payment, and preparing food and drinks. Very long hours, no set breaks, had to stand up all day. Enjoyed the atmosphere of working at the Festival of Speed, but it was an full-on work day.
Not bad, but not great.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodwood Race Course8 June 2017
How much enjoy your job depends on who is looking after you and what you are doing.

In certain jobs I was just dumped to an area on my own and not really told what to do/ treated like dirt by management.

In others I had a very good time, told clear instructions by management and felt like a useful team member.

In general though you are not treated well. You are often thrown into the deep end with little instruction and no room for manouver as you are faced with drunk and at times rude customers.

My favourite times were working during the set up times for an event. For example I worked on staff welfare during the set up times for Glorious Goodwood and the Festival of Speed. These are much calmer times and enables you to build up a rapport with management and other staff members.

Has its good points but many bad ones also.
Pros
Free lunch, good if you enjoy under taking variety of jobs
Cons
Higher up management treat you like dirt, zero training, zero room for manouver, not guarenteed hours.
Sponsorship
Sponsorship (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex14 April 2017
Terrible company to work for, treated so badly.
It's all show, management need to be changed.
It's all about targets, Even the events can't get the amount of people they receive
Pros
Nice settin
Good
Fire Marshal (Former Employee) –  Sussex27 February 2017
Good place to work very easy and good pay. Good people around you also. Nice to talk to all the people attending goodwood.
No job security, everyone always on edge
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chichester17 February 2017
The sales structure there means that each department is competing again each other rather than working towards one common goal. Staff end up contacting prospective clients/customers numerous times from separate departments. Poor communication. Everyone is permanently on edge and worried about loosing their job. Huge staff turnover.

Amazing setting to work in and potential for a great working environment however as it stands it isn't a place I would return to.
Pros
reasonable benefits, great venue
Cons
no work life balance, fear of loosing your job, massive staff turnover, no loyalty, poor salaries
Average
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex30 January 2017
Good for summer jobs and quick money but not a career. I see a lot of people trapped working there and getting treated very badly by managers and the customers alike.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long Hours
A fun work place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Chichester20 January 2017
with lots to do at goodwood there is never a dull moment the people and staff are great and friendly lots to see and i ver much enjoyed my time there would work here again
productive, supportive and friendly
Front of House Casual Staff (Current Employee) –  Chichester11 January 2017
Goodwood is a really friendly environment, I love it. when I started working in March 2016, immeditatley the whole team at the motor circuit were so friendly, funny and supportive.
Event Season
Event Bar Team Support. (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex27 November 2016
The Event Managers needed to actually treat the staff better. The job was good fun but the management made their staff very unhappy. the working hours were very unsociable.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ENG26 June 2015
Enjoyed working with friendly and reliable team. was great experience and gained customer service skills, and would do it again if had the chance.
Pros
free breakfast & lunch
Cons
Very pleasant site in the spring
REPORTING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Chichester, ENG5 May 2015
Stressful but pleasant work environment due to the nature of the business, which is high end public entertainment, offering a few exciting perks as well as good health and pension schemes with a lot of hard deadlines and short time scale batching of projects.
Great team and people to work with providing the inspiration and job value.
Salary slightly below average.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwood. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8