Goodwood Estate Employee Reviews

Misleading job post
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex20 December 2019
Offered a job completely different to advertised, No sane person would have taken it, seemed to have got me there on false pretences. Since then, different job posts have been put up but would no way trust what they post.
Good working atmosphere
Casual worker (Current Employee) –  Goodwood Race Course10 January 2019
Looking after the guests and making sure they have a good experience. the management are very helpful to manage your days work. It is hard on feet all day but worth the pain
Pros
free food
awful management
Runner (Former Employee) –  Goodwood, West Sussex12 September 2018
Awful hours, split shifts where you didn't get payed for two hours because you were meant to go home but you had to be there 15 mins before the start of the second part of your shift and i lived 35 minutes away so i barely got 20 mins at home, by the time i left.
Management was awful, very disrespectful towards each other, the company, and towards customers (privately of course). Only good thing about the job was the Chefs, amazing people, knowledge and overall made my short time there bearable.
Pros
seeing amazing food being made.
Cons
people, hours
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working here
Personal Assistant to the Countess of March (Former Employee) –  Chichester12 April 2018
Worked at personal secretary with very varied duties. I loved looking after the organisation of the VIP entertaining at the Racecourse and in the House.
Pros
Working for a very interesting family
Cons
No cons
Golf Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Chichester12 April 2018
When I worked there, it was at a time of great change. The changes are now well entrenched and it is a great golf club. The environment and countryside are beautiful.
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Occasional long hours
Excellent
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chichester12 April 2018
Goodwood is an amazing place to work - it is set in beautiful countryside and the various areas - such as Racecourse, Motor Circuit, Estate, Farm, House - are very interesting and have grown over the past couple of decades, under the leadership of the current Duke of Richmond.
Pros
Excellent company benefits, including health scheme and membership of health club
Cons
Long hours are expected, especially during times leading up to and during events
Treated unfairly and lied to
Events Staff (Former Employee) –  Chichester11 September 2017
They treat their staff;

Unfairly

Lie to you

Paid unfairly

long hours and not appreciated

Very poor management

I was sacked for progressing and they got away with it
Pros
Lunch
Cons
hours
Fun workplace
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Goodwood, West Sussex26 June 2017
Able to work varied interesting events throughout the year. Normally we are given some kind of lunch or dinner when available. There extect you to work very long hours, have short breaks (usually half hour for a tenish hour shift) and no extra pay for supervising.
excellent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex5 April 2017
excellent company to work for. good balance and lots of perks. Plenty of scope to move up the ladder and into various different fields within the estate.
Productive and Interesting Workplace
Finance Assitant (Former Employee) –  Chichester14 January 2016
Wonderful employer, Invest in it's employees with moving Brand forward.
Grounds are beautiful and Company benefits are excellent.

Would recommend
Enjoyable and passionate company
Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Chichester, ENG1 December 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working at Goodwood, in particular at the motor sport events. I have been in my current role for two years and it is not challenging me enough any more, nor are there any real avenues for me to progress too.

My co-workers are fantastic to work with and everyone has a real passion for Goodwood and what we do.

I have gained a great deal of experience whilst working at Goodwood particular in management of staff and planning events from conception to finish.
Pros
Great experience, incredible events, wonderful staff
Cons
Poor pay for responsibilites
Hardworking but rewarding workplace
Sales Finance Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chichester19 November 2015
This is an extremely fast paced organisation where strict deadlines are enforced and must be adhered to on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
There is a lot of work but I would not be happy without a challenge in life. I thrive off being busy & there is a lot of in depth accounts work involved for me to really get stuck into.

The company is made up of six limited companies and I look after the sales ledger for two of those companies.
On a daily basis I process all payments in and out of the companies bank accounts dealing with american express payments, BACS, Direct Debits, PDQ & Cash.
I count a lot of cash on a daily basis and post the relative cash sheet journals for multiple parts of the business.

I have learnt a huge amount in this role. It has really widened my knowledge of the accounting structure due to working with a core team of purchase and sales ledger assistants and then seeing how my work is used by the management accountants in the business as well as the Financial Controllers.

There is lot of work involved due to the sheer volume of transactions and money received in the company but I love it. I thrive of juggling multiple plates and I have learnt a great deal being here.
I have also managed to cling onto my customer service experience by being a cashier for 3 of the companies major festival events over the summer periods having to deal with customers paying money into us. I love customer service based roles and this has been a real highlight of working here.

It is a very enjoyable place to work.
Excellent
Freelance Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Chichester, ENG24 January 2015
Goodwood Estate is one of the most astonishing Horse Race-course venues in the Southdown's. And the wow! Golf Course. The most beautiful thing about Goodwood is that you get lost whilst driving through its magnificent countryside and hills, farms etc.

The Richmond Arms restaurants situates within Goodwood hotel and serves 2 AA rosettes , and the hotel is quite busy most of the year. Also, the Luxurious halls at the Goodwood Estate House, where a continental dishes are served by a bunch of the most selective and innovative diverse chefs from around the world.

If you really wish to enjoy something different, take your family to the Goodwood.
Pros
Magnificent
Cons
Midday