Good Energy

Good Energy Employee Reviews

Good culture
A good place to work. Due to a company re-structure my role is no longer required. The people make the company and the role is diverse and rewarding. A typical day is managing a diverse workload with a team of 13 people.
productive and fun place to work
It is the people that I work with that makes it an enjoyment to come work. there is a very chilled and relaxed atmosphere in my team.
We are allowed to get on with our work as we know what needs to be prioritised daily
Pros
buy holidays
Cons
no free parking
Difficult culture
Due to recently announced structural change some 50 jobs being made redundant lead to a very challenging uncomfortable working environment as people at risk of redundancy fought to climb above their colleagues to try and secure a new role
Good company
Pretty good company to work for but the work can be very repetative and there is no progression. The people tend to make the place. Management can be quite remote.
Get Company
Fantastic people and company. Amazing customer service, probably the best customer service department I have event had the pleasure to work with. A brilliant example of going the extra mile.
Seemed like a nice place to work. Culture maybe a bit too top-down.
I commend Good Energy for trying to make a positive impact on the planet. It's a nice place to work with nice people. Maybe the culture is a bit too autocratic for the top.
Pros
Decent salaries, job satisfaction, Nice people.
Cons
Culture isn't great, employees seem a little hamstrung by top brass
Not great
although the work/life balance is great as they encourage flexible working and things like that, management don't know what they are doing, no one communicates and no wants to work together.
Relaxed and fun place to work
They are very good, relaxed, pro-active with job satisfaction, equal opportunities, believe in advancing and training their staff and will do their best to keep you if they can.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
For me distance to get to them
Pretentious company
It was a green energy company, which I support. But it was dominated by pretentious kids just out of school, most of whom probably knew each other. They thought they knew it all. It was a bit too relaxed an atmosphere and in my early 40s, I felt rather left out. Not particularly exciting work either, just dealing with emails and claims. Boss was about 18 but thought she knew it all.
Pros
Mon-Fri 9-5
Cons
Work culture
Productive and Fun
Relaxed environment and a fabulous company to work for; the people are very friendly and immediately make you feel at home; I have learnt a lot about customer service here; the only minus is its a temporary position
Pros
Relaxed and Fun
Cons
Unskilled management makes the place unbearable
Poorly trained managers who make the place unbearable , clueless decisions and a complete lack of communication. Completed lack of training and the expectation of just getting on with it. A real morale breaker of a company
Pros
Cons
Poorly employed management, lack of progression, self important people marching around the place
Avoid
Environmental concern and compassion have turned into a sales pitch for this company and nothing more as they have not the foresight or buying power to compete with other energy companies in any meaningful way. Their service is poor, management are clueless and operate within a clique, treating customer service and the rest of the workers badly.
Pros
Some nice people working at non management level, free fruit
Cons
management are fruits
Poor experience and strutcure
Have ambition and targets which will never be met because of their lunacy targets and the way the "service advisor" staff are treated. There is no retention or personal development. Would not recommend to anyone who enjoys delivering a top quality service
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Too many to list
Sinking Ship - Stay well away!
This company is in trouble. They have been undergoing restructuring over the last 12 months radically reducing it's workforce. Good, talented staff are leaving in their droves on their own accord along with those being made redundant.

Good Energy were once respected as an ethical company with great values and that offered fantastic levels of Customer Service, today however this couldn't be further than the truth. The company have diabolical levels of service, frequently over bill it's customers, and have little respect of the people that work there.

The CEO spends far too much time on her own ethical crusade than actually trying to rescue the company so nearly headed for collapse. Lower your prices, sort your poor customer service department out and show some respect to the loyal employees mug enough to stay.

Avoid working here at all costs!
Pros
Near the town centre and train station
Cons
Just about everything
Awful, do not apply!
I worked here for several months in customer care, it is honestly the worst thing I have ever done. I resigned recently and it is the best thing I have ever done. The work is difficult and depressing, made much worse by the incapable management. No one in the company seems to know whats happening with processes and other key/important things any of the time. In my short time at the company there where several large system errors that staff are expected to compensate for. The customer care staff are meticulously monitored and are reprimanded for not hitting the unrealistic targets (which are also changed frequently). - at the time of me leaving round 30-40% of the customer care staff where also leaving. I believe this company is likely to run into trouble if they continue treating their loyal employees like they are currently. The image that the company portrays is a complete lie, I would not recommend them as an employer, or a provider.

DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY - FAKE AND TOXIC.
Pros
N/a
Cons
poorly managed
Avoid this company
Doesn’t live within the behaviours or culture it talks about.

Snr management don’t care about their people or customers.

An ethical company not Run ethically.
Pros
Some great people, vision
Cons
Ceo, treatment of staff
Productive and enjoyable
Great company to work for. Everyday is a different day so you never know what to expect. Always jobs needing to be done. Management are good.. and the days go fast
Do yourself a favour - temps especially ! Look elsewhere for work !
A badly run company, who like to celebrate the hard work of the temps who they churn through (at a rate of knots - with high staff turnover) but who they offer no job security to (granted most temps have little job security - but these are particularly bad).

Communication is poor all round both internally - between departments and to customers alike.

Management is quite frankly useless - rewarding the laziest ppl & not offering any recognition for those who actually do the work.

Celebrating milestones and success (that has quite simply been achieved by the few hard working perm members of staff and a LOT of the temps) with extravagant parties and social gatherings - that these hard working and conscientious employees are not privy too !

Disgraceful. The result is a company that fumbles along, winging it on a daily basis. Granted the ethos of the company is great with Renewable Energy offering a cleaner / safer alternative to other energy sources but this is not a good place 2 work - and the reviews of the company from customers (where they have had poor experiences - lots of these online) is testament to this.

I'd like to give zero stars for most categories, but you have to put at least one.

PLEASE AVOID as a potential employer - you can do so much better.
Pros
Location is ok. Good company ethos
Cons
Everything else
Boring place and hard work not rewarded!
Worked in the feed in tariff team for 18 and I can honestly say it was the one of my worst working experiences!

The management was weak and pathetic, certain staff members were rewarded for doing absolutely nothing while hard working people received very little praise.

The working structure and management are a shambles with no organisation!

Communication between the other departments are a joke and I feel sorry for the customers who have to endure a long wait to get though to the customer care team.

Apart from the Christmas hamper and the Christmas parties the company needs to put their employees first before all the gimmicks and lavish stuff they do

!
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Poor management, communication, environment
Poor.
The reason the review title is poor, is because I have to much to say about the job role and departments. The management is extremely poor and unfair. The communication between departments is appalling. The annual leave process is complete shambles.

Not everything about the company is bad, the ethics the goals, it’s location being next to town it pleasant. There are certain aspects that are good.

Within customer care you are expected to hit targets, as expected with any job role, but the targets that are in place are rediculous, and with this job role, you cannot always achieve those targets and still have the best outcome.

Overall, I do not believe that this company cares for their staff or their staffs well being.
Pros
Next to town, relaxed dress code.
Cons
Staff care, management, prioritisation issues etc
A lovely place to work and a friendly environment
Welcoming staff and lovely place to work, good rate of pay and get an hour for lunch.
A place i would say looks after there staff.

Work is varied and everyone has there fair share.