Goldstar Transport Ltd Employee Reviews

Was a good job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 January 2019
Over the last 12 months a don't care attitude about there drivers has emerged, if you don't like it there is an agency driver that will do it. most of the controllers seem to have just left school and have no conseption of distance or time. There also seems to be so menny manager's that also keep changing. As I said this was a good company to work for but has it has got bigger it has lost its way
Pros
Not bad money.
Cons
Love to use foreign drivers
Not bad all things said and done
Driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  Felixstowe, Suffolk26 December 2018
Somewhat juvenile traffic operators, who don’t often see the bigger picture/work with you.
Management will remove an operator without manners!
Lots of different shifts available, of which are well paid compared to other companies offering similar.
Tramping fleet quite aged but being replaced from March 19.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Juvenile traffic operators
Pretty Poor
Driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  Tilbury, Essex5 October 2018
£8.10 an hour,(McDonalds pay £8.30) To earn a decent wage you need to do 70+ hours a week and get the nights out, which can be difficult. Like to start you early on a Monday and finish you late on a Friday. Some of the planners/operator's view drivers as a disposable commodity and will happily try and run you over you're hours. Some of the planning is just awful. If there are any problems (these happen daily) the driver will be blamed. The management seam to be apathetic to the problems that the drivers have on a daily basis. The facilities at the depots (for the drivers) are , at best, poor. Modern fleet? They are still running 62 plates at some of the depots. As a company they talk about how they value the drivers, they're actions say otherwise which is why the turnover of drivers is so high. Many of the current drivers are actively looking elsewhere. Dealing daily with incompetent planning is very stressful and un necessary but this has been reported to management many times with zero effect . I could go on but this is depressing me.
Pros
it's not Maritime
Cons
It's not UNI truck
Poor planning, long hours, undervalued drivers
Driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  Woolpit, Suffolk29 August 2018
The job itself would be very good if, planning was a lot better. A combination of poor planning and poor management often resulting in long unnecessary days. Management fail to listen any issues put forward by drivers, hence the high staff turnover.
Pros
Company uniform, fairly good vehicles.
Cons
Poor management, poor planning, drivers not valued enough.
“It’s Haulage Jim but not as we know it”
HGV Driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  Felixstowe, Suffolk22 July 2018
Goldstar is an excellent company to work for, I have been employed by them for over four years and in that time I have come to know a few of the staff on a personal level. I have a great working relationship with my traffic office staff and any issues that arise regarding the job are listened to and dealt with accordingly. We have a modern fleet of trucks that are comfortable to live in throughout the week.
Job wise there is a variety of positions from days, nights and tramping etc. The wage is roughly on a par with most other hauliers in the shipping industry, but if the hours are there and your willing to put the shift in, you can earn really well.
Pros
Modern trucks, pension package, reasonable wage
Cons
There is a small amount of office staff who need educating on haulage laws and hours now and again
ok place to work, very demanding company
LGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Woolpit11 July 2018
Ok place to work, expect you to work for more than 12 1/2 hours per shift and also expects you to come in early if there is a job to go.

I got all my ports cards including;- Port Of Felixstowe, London Gateway, DP World Southampton and my British Sugar card at Cantley, Norfolk.

Management are more focused on getting the work done than the employees, planning is a shambles and can't even get the correct postcode for the delivery.

Work colleagues were a good laugh and were very helpful in giving you pointers, if you ever had a problem you just asked someone.

The hardest part of my job was going to Felixstowe docks before going to do a road job and not finishing until 08:00 in the morning(starting at 18:00 the evening before).

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I met there and the laughs we had, really great bunch of people.
Pros
Good Colleagues
Cons
Long Hours
Hmm
Driver (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire3 April 2018
It’s a good job if you don’t want a life outside of work. The management and operators are based in Felixstowe and give th impression Southampton drivers don’t matter to them. The new management seems to be looking for ways to cut wages but increase hours.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Bosses
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Hams Hall18 November 2015
Decent place to work. However the hours are very long and the work is boring with lots of delays. Job is not that secure either.
Pros
Good pay, meal allowance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldstar Transport Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Goldstar Transport Ltd Reviews by Job Title