Goldman Sachs
Coronavirus update
Information from Goldman Sachs:

Goldman Sachs Employee Reviews

United Kingdom103 reviews
My brief time spent working in the HCM division at GS was my most amazing work experience that is because I worked in a company with a culturally diverse workforce that has industry best practice.

Unfortunately, I spent only 7 weeks at GS because I was on a student visa which was to expire soon.
Pros
Industry best practice
Cons
Worked on the Marcus platform at Goldman Sachs.

Micromanagement was dominant in my time there. I ended up feeling very unhappy with my life and I believe this was due to a lack of autonomy and being criticised for things such as taking toilet breaks.

After leaving I had no job but felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Now life is far more enjoyable again and I feel like I have my happiness/personality back. Avoid like the plague, even if the name / salary package is tempting.
Pros
12% Pension
Cons
Micromanagement + suppresive culture
I was working with GS as a contractor
Overall the experience was great, they have called me back several times as they needed more help hence the time overlaps with my other jobs.

I would recommend IT Engineer or Customer Engineer to work there.
A typical day at work is fun, productive and very challenging. I learned professionalism about my profession. The management is very fantastic and help me in developing in my career. The most enjoyable part of the job is the working relationship with colleagues and the management.
Could be great - good brand, great benefits, challenging roles. There is a huge room for innovation/improvements, but the mindset is outdated.

While it is understandable that the business is reluctant to change ways of working due to the high number of constraints financial markets have, the struggle comes from colleagues - many coming out of big universities, which have worked there the whole life and are completely unaware of what is happening outside.

Meanwhile the rest of the world moves on...
They emphasized a lot of networking and socializing with people. I love the environment and would recommend to anyone would love challenges and problem-solving.
Providing front of house corporate security to clients and customers in a relaxed environment, performing fire safety checks, and ensuring all emergency life support equipment is on good working order
Was extremely excited about working here, training was absolutely brilliant. Enough time was given for all the information and the trainers were hands down the best part about it. I wish I could say the same about the management. If you would like to go into a company where all management have clear favourites this is the place for you. For a professional company as this the management really does not come up to scratch.
Pros
Great pay, amazing agents
Cons
Poor management
Monitoring and reporting on coverage team performance, with a variety of key KPI metrics;
Assisted with modelling of pricing quotes, rosters and RSAs;
A typical day is busy but learning a steady approach to work ensured a high standard work. Management are relaxed and give us the freedom to use our best judgement in the delivery of tasks. The work place culture was of customer service. The hardest part of the job was the weekend works and the night shift, as it was hard finding time to spend with friends and family. The most enjoyable part of my job was the freedom and control I have in the decision making about the Loading bay affairs and then the people around me. we all work together as a team for a common goal to deliver a quality service for our client.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Goldman Sachs?
If you want to work somewhere where no one speaks to you informally, everyone spends 12 hours a day in meetings or staring at their screen, and there is an overly competitive work culture - go ahead
Professional high standard, pay well ,enough time off best in the industry wish I'd never left , but contract had changed to ISS and new company resented what we earned and wanted it cut, they're not happy guards earning more than managers but Goldman's run the contract so they had to Do as they were told ,Goldman's good company ISS not so much.
Is one of most enjoyable place from security to the top management. The work culture is good. They have work class people in the office. Nice working plce.
pour mon stage en finance j'ai vraiment appris pour le peu de temps que je suis rester je recommande foretement pour le front office .
Friendly, motivating & challenging. working in a fast paced enviroment.
Client confidentiality/discretion.

A fantastic learning curve with one of worlds leading companies.
Goldman Sachs is a great company, it rewards innovation, hard work, team work and all ideas. It hires highly motivated individuals and although the hours can be long the time is rewarding. The best aspect of working at Goldman Sachs are the individuals that you work with.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Good working environment
Management and culture but not much of a work-life balance, I learnt a lot and enjoyed my time with the company.

Team environment was positive
Some of the smartest people in the industry, all working long hours day-in and day-out. Great place to come from, however not a great place to work long-term given the lifestyle implications.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Did an internship in the GIR department Typical working hours 6.45am - 7pm. Very quiet floor to work on and mainly worked independently. A lot of tools to help you learn about investment banking.
good place to work. management is good with flexibility, help and support is good with team players, if you need training on new tech they are very good at helping and keeping you u to date.
Room for advancement, tests needed to pass to advance, good benefits. Detailed oriented and organisation are extremely important. Relocation is available in many cities, global company.