Golding Homes

Golding Homes Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at Golding homes, I always felt comfortable and supported. I made some real friends whilst working at the company. I don't feel as though the salary truly reflected the work put in, and I tried to apply for several internal jobs whilst working for company however wasn't given the opportunity to progress. Other than this, the company was always friendly and positive.
Poor heads of departments, who are not in touch with their team. Could learn from the courses and develop themselves to improve.Historical poor culture, which is promoting micro management
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Poor heads of departments
Golding Homes is by far the best place I’ve ever worked. The people are amazing, friendly and helpful and there’s a real sense of team work and collaboration. I’m finally able to have a better work life, home life balance due to the flexible ways of working. The benefits are extremely generous including give back days to volunteer with a charity of your choice, wellbeing fund and decent annual leave entitlement. I’d recommend working at Golding to anyone that’s keen to develop and grow with an organisation that’s committed to supporting their customers and giving something back to the local community. I love working here and the people I work with.
Pros: Ambitious for growth, nice office, gym, attempts to be modern, likes to show good first impressions, flexible working, charitable, locally orientated in wanting to give back to the community, good Chief Exec who will get his hands dirty and communicates with all staff, he meets with every new colleague irrespective of who they are for a coffee/tea. Table Tennis, Library, car parking, introductions with other employees across business when start, good interview and start up process for new starters. Cons: Staff feedback questionnaires used against staff as Judge and Jury by HR, some HR staff are biased for a few employees who give them information, some seriously need impartiality training, instances of false allegations and using informal ways to make out you are guilty, not surprised by comments seen below and on other sites, was doubting myself about this. Bullying tactics also by HR and some managers so that they make you out to be the problem (don’t realise there can be agendas such as not liking a person, wanting a person’s job that they did not get, resentment, getting away with not adapting to change). Way too much reliance on subjective assessment with no substance and not measurable, very much if you’re liked or agenda based e.g. higher management will have wanted you but someone below will use it to fail you due to their laziness and resentment as well as by a few in their team. Can create failures for new staff e.g. very delayed objectives, long unnecessary meetings, disjointed across teams, blame game during restructures, turning employees against - more...
Awful company to work for The director's are all just out for themselves. They are a bunch of agist bullies who just want young totty working for them with no experience. my manager made me feel under valued, useles, thick and incapable of performing my duties. I got to the point that i dreaded going to work. if you have any self respect do yourself a favour and don't work there
I started here as a temp and went on to take a fixed term contract with Golding Homes. The team in Neighbourhoods are fantastic! Everyone helps make the day easier, their supportive and easy to get along with. The management are really lovely and supportive. I have to say the flexible working helps manage home and work life easily. I honestly cannot fault the management and team I work within. It makes going to work a lot easier and enjoyable! Also has an onsite gym as the company cares about your wellbeing!
Pros
Excellent Team
Cons
None.
There is lots of flexibility in our new office in the centre of Maidstone. The building has improved IT, large screens, Skype capability for remote working. It has a gym and games room and a Café onsite. There is lots of hot desking and home working. Lots of new young staff so the culture is changing. Just gone through a big restructure, this is currently bedding in. We have an ambitious growth plan and are gearing up for that. Management is focused on getting the new staff in place, setting objectives, and making sure the right skills are there. Hardest part of the job is making sure the team perform and all deadlines are met. It can be fun, lots of social things to do and take part in. Most enjoyable part of the job is cross departmental working on one of the several projects up and running.
Pros
training to keep up to date on various topics. Wellbeing grant
Cons
lots of cnage to work through
Compliance management looking after the assets giving support and expertise. Specialising in Asbestos, Legionella, Fire Risk, Audits. Managing a PSL and contractors ensuring KPIs are met.
I joined the golden management program course and I had to go through a series of management leadership programs and it helped developed my management skills especially in managing staff
Pros
helped improve confidence
Cons
so much to take in within a limited time
Day to day work was that you was in a van with a co worker going to different locations in maidstone. I didn't really learn nothing much. The people you work with are very good to get along with, but the management are hard work and treated their staff unfairly. Most enjoyable part off the job is that you leave the place you clean in a perfect and tidy place and we all felt proud of our work.
Pros
no free lunches
My typical day involves checking emails, inputting data, disruption of mail. Communicating with management team on enquirers and dealing with tenants on the phone. since working with Golding Homes i have improved my telephone manner and become very confident in dealing with all enquirers the most satisfying part of my job is being able to see the joy on peoples faces when they get the new keys to their property.
I'm only here as a "Temp" however what a Company and full of really great people, I have been made to feel very welcome and they are all very helpful.
I started as a housing assistant which I was working in a customer facing office. The office was located in the middle of Golding homes residential area. Dealing with a diverse range of customers this is where I started to build up my customer services skills. My role then changed where I was dealing former tenant arrears. I appreciated the experience but it really wasn't what I wanted to do. I wanted my responsibilities and that when I was successful in being offered the post with circle housing.
Cons
no opportunity to progress
This company discriminates on people, they favour some staff members over others, they turn a blind eye to bullying for cirtain people. I reported some people for assaulting me and I was not believed and made out to be the person In the wrong. So if you have any sense do not apply the same thing could happen to you!!
I had worked for this company for well over 3 years with good service and attendance record and I was well respected by my colleagues, then all of a sudden under new management I was victimised and basically felt I was stabbed in the back in a way for them to out me, Where's the Equality and Diversity in this where the company breaches. The turnover of staff in the last two years has been ridiculous and there's more to come - You have been warned!
Pros
Staff Benefits
Cons
Management and wrong people with no real experience doing the wrong jobs
dealing with administration duties, use of the telephone, computer and post, my day to day tasks are to deal with post and distribute it to different departments, inputting customer completed surveys into the system, dealing with customers on the phone and directing calls to the department that will deal with the enquiry.
A typical day at work was not your average boring day in the office. It was fun packed and enjoyable. The hardest part was when you had completed every task and you were left idle with nothing to do. The best part of the job was always having something to do and being busy! Also communicating with customers and co-workers was a lot of fun as you learnt things from them and acquired new skills.
Pros
Free travel and food
  1. Employee reviews