Gold Group
Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

What is the best training and qualifications would indeed as someone as starting out on highway maintenance? What cost would I expect?

1 answer

So the basics to work on the road in a gang would be a CSCS card and preferably a drivers licence. Mainly because a lot of clients we have, want to either insure them on their vans or be able to drive around to different depots around the designated area to carry out the works.
A CSCS card is roughly around £50 quid.

If you are looking to get started and want more pay within the industry, definitely recommend obtaining an NRSWA certificate. This roughly costs you around £500 but it lasts five years and would mean you can work on the Highways on your own.

Most of our clients are looking for Highways guys with an NRSWA (also known as “StreetWorks certificate”) – it’s a huge selling point.

However, it all mainly comes down to experience. As an agency, clients come to us wanting guys with the whole package, otherwise, they’d find people themselves. So if you’re looking to get into Highways, make sure you have the experience before coming to us for Highways roles.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Help jobseekers learn about the company by being objective and to the point.
Your answer will be posted publicly. Please don't submit any personal information.Guidelines
Please note that all of this content is user-generated and its accuracy is not guaranteed by Indeed or this company.