Play YouTube video button

Gold Care Homes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom93 reviews
Featured review
Gold Care Homes selected this as a representative review
Not sure why people are complaining about work place but I think it's ongoing issue within all the companies. The queensway house is the great place to work. If you naturally caring person then you will love the job.
Management is approachable, staff are very hard working and generally very good people.
21 November 2019
Thank you for your kind and most valuable feedback. We’re pleased that you have had a positive experience at Gold Care Homes. Please feel free to leave constructive comments to help us improve our business.
21 November 2019
I found the organisation to be flexible with very quick decision making. It encourages good team work and proactive with service management and decisions. A good company to work for.
Pros
Lean and and efficient management, quick decision making, free lunches
Cons
No pension scheme
21 November 2019
Thank you for your kind and most valuable feedback. We’re pleased that you have had a positive experience at Gold Care Homes. Just to clarify in your cons section, we do have a pension scheme. Please feel free to leave constructive comments to help us improve our business.
This is a progressing care home company, I have learnt lots of practical skills that can be applied to any type of job. I enjoy working with the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being able to take on whatever is being given to you at any time when you have to juggle lots of different tasks at once.
21 November 2019
It was a good place to work. I learned a lot during my time with Gold Care and would recommend it to others. My co-workers were courteous and enjoyable to work with. The work was interesting and allowed me to use my initiative and also challenging.
21 November 2019
Poor management,no support and good at finding faults.
Always short of staff relying on agencies
Pros
car park
Cons
everything
21 November 2019
Thank you for your vital feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience with us was negative. Your comment is extremely concerning to us. We expect that you have raised a complaint with your line manager however, if you are not satisfied and want to discuss your complaint further you are more than welcome to contact melissa@goldcarehomes.com.
Always busy. You will not go on break until late in the afternoon. You are prone to ulcers. No support from management except fault finding. Resigned within probation time.
Pros
Paid lunch time
Cons
Too stressful
21 November 2019
working with elderly residents and very good team players. there is always something new to learn and full support is given
Pros
peermanent job
Cons
far from home
21 November 2019
interesting company, lots of change management, senior team in transition currently.
Pros
car parking
Cons
Values
21 November 2019
always short staffed, having agencies come in. Residents not getting what they need or the attention they need
21 November 2019
Spent several days at the directors request talking and advising them on how to imptove their dementia homes after serious concerns by funders.Invited me to an ad hoc interview which was very unorofessional.Didnt get the job!,
Applied again one year after and was interviewrd by an independent panel and was offeref the job as the best csndidate by far.Accepted .Returned from holiday to find the directors had vetoed the descision.They are known for being arrogant and want staff to be yes people.High staff turnover in all GCH at all levels for a reason.Avoid.
Pros
Situated in lovely surroundings
Cons
Senior management unprofessional and make their own rules . totally money and profit orientated.
I would rather not talk about my time at Goldcare Homes. Suffice to say it is not a nice place to work
Pros
Cons
Everything about Goldcare from start to finish
21 November 2019
Answering phone, completing reports, overseeing home has correct care staff for shifts. Dealing with residents and their families. After not preparing spread sheets from scratch am able to do this now. Meeting and greeting visitors. Viewing home to potential residents families and promoting home. Not having had an induction and finding out everything about how the company works. Have built relationships both with residents families and staff and they are not wanting me to go when my contract expires. This position has been very challenging and at times have felt as though I have been managing it at time. All in all I have learnt a lot and as they say you don't stop learning.
Pros
Gained experience and close to home
21 November 2019
nice environment to work in, hard working and committed staff.Everyday is different and the needs of the clients vary each day and quite challenging situations. Excellent learning opportunities and good outcomes. More management opportunities as you work mostly on your own as nurse in charge. Training for junior staff and making important decisions on clients. the enjoyable part is when clients improve from their illness or at least comfortable when in pain
Cons
low staff morale