Play YouTube video button

Care Assistant27 reviews
United Kingdom27 reviews
Featured review
Gold Care Homes selected this as a representative review
Not sure why people are complaining about work place but I think it's ongoing issue within all the companies. The queensway house is the great place to work. If you naturally caring person then you will love the job.
Management is approachable, staff are very hard working and generally very good people.
21 November 2019
Thank you for your kind and most valuable feedback. We’re pleased that you have had a positive experience at Gold Care Homes. Please feel free to leave constructive comments to help us improve our business.
21 November 2019
I worked at the company as a care assistant on nights for a month and a half. I didn't receive support and over all the manager had a bad attitude. Staff are under paid and under valued. Management focus on negatives and overall as a company the staff are not equally paid. I sadly had no choice but to quit.
Best Companies have always had a strong emphasis on internal workplace culture, the result of which is a strong team who share a common set of values. The people who work here are the atmosphere they create is nothing like anywhere else I have ever worked.

Beyond the people who work here, the purpose that the company aspires to goes beyond money/profit. We don't get everything right, but there is a dedication to the purpose and an integrity to how we go about it.

On a personal level, I have benefited from the belief of my manager and the freedom to find areas where I can add most value. I have never lacked for resources and have usually been backed when wanting to do things the right way.
21 November 2019
I've been working for 6 mounts. All staff it's very ,very friendly ,this team help me very much .The manager it's the best,the residents is in the good hands. This job is not for everyone.but for me is yes and i loves working in Kent House epecially now we had good rating , all staff very happy
21 November 2019
A very friendly and rewarding place to work, the manager is understanding and caring.

A manager what gives their all, and is an inspiration. Respected by lots.
21 November 2019
This company is a joke. The management and senior management are rude, unproachable and with no people skills
They overwork you and underpay you

Care in the Homes is poor and I would never recommend putting your family in any of their homes
21 November 2019
Thank you for your vital feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience with us was negative. Your comment is extremely concerning to us. We expect that you have raised a complaint with your line manager however, if you are not satisfied and want to discuss your complaint further you are more than welcome to contact melissa@goldcarehomes.com.
Absolutely awful company to work for. Poor pay and working conditions residents are not cared for properly as not enough staff and staff do not stay. Management who do not care and have no organisation skills whatsoever. Very sad for the residents that live there
21 November 2019
Average pay with the opportunity to work extra hours with a higher pay rate. Fair management and lots of training of wanted. The residents are lovely and staff work hard to make them happy. Home has new management which is working because there were quite a few changes before. The home seems more settled. There is a chance for flexible shifts and half days
Pros
Good company. Fair pay rates. Flexible shifts
Cons
Changes
21 November 2019
Awful place to work, very poorly run, lack of staff & no option but to work 12 hour shifts.
Staff are two faced & rude. They just make you work till you drop, they don’t even pay you correctly!

Stay well clear!
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Constantly rushed off feet, not appreciated
21 November 2019
Very bad attitude of the company towards ex employees.
Only stayed with this company for two weeks back in February and they still haven't paid me my salary (4months) even though I keep calling the management and even head office. I am fed up with this company wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
21 November 2019
Been working at Autumn Vale in the past 3.5 years, there has been positive changes in the past 6 months. Management more approachable ,its like one family
Pros
Good atmosphere in the home
Cons
Free lunch when pick extra shift
21 November 2019
I am currently working as a Care assistant for Gold Care Homes. I enjoy being around the elderly and helping them to live a fulfilled life. I work 12 hour shifts which are very tiering , but I enjoy care work. Staff are friendly and caring and the residents are great to be around. As much as I love this job , I do feel that staff should be paid more considering the work we have to do. I am looking to take a break from the care system and pursue a different job.
Pros
Nice place to work
21 November 2019
What can I say that hasn’t already been expressed by others,it has to be the worse place I have ever worked,the management if that’s what you can call them are bullies & use bully tactics to intimidate staff,basically do as I say or leave, Senior team do not have experience to be doing the job at all.i feel very sad for the service users that live there as it was such a good place once upon a time.the place needs a total shake up to investigate why all the long term staff have left & the new ones that do start always end up leaving.
21 November 2019
I am currently working at a care home in Birmingham and the Management team are extremely supportive and generally care about the residents. I have had a great induction and I know that I have picked the right place to work. Residents are treated with respect at all times and the senior staff are always willing to help. As an experienced carer I have worked for other homes and by far this is the best in many ways. I have recommended this home to friends and family to work. Gold Care Homes are a good organisation and I would recommend to anyone.
I have had 2 positive supervisions in 8 weeks as well as having chocolates bought for me by the Managers for promoting positive team work.
Pros
Very supportive management team
Cons
isnt any
21 November 2019
Management are Bullies and so called senior staff (inexperienced) and no way job matched by skills!! Horrible working environment. No order or sensible instructions for care staff. Residents not stimulated and hardly ever get taken out. False advertisement in brochure spouting rubbish!! Genuinely feel sorry for the hard working staff that remain! Head office haven't even enquired as to why nearly 70% of the staff have left this home! Avoid this circus of a workplace!!!!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management and senior staff
21 November 2019
Worked 5yrs years in autum vale.
Place is nice.

company should provide some more benefits those who work long period.

like more annual leave.occupational sick leave.
21 November 2019
I dealt with personal care of residents; I ve learned about specific diagnoses of the III age, how to care about every resident suffering. The hardest part was how to see the residents suffering and complaining about their disabilities.
Pros
A big care home with a very good management
Cons
Not enough staff
21 November 2019
This company is awful and it is shocking to see it is still operating. Feel sorry for the residents there as many care staff are overworked and underpaid, long hours and no appreciation. Staff come and go and management changes all the time. I have worked with some really good staff who genuinely care about the poor residents but senior management don't care about the constant changes. Nobody at senior level seems to know what they are doing just like giving orders! I have ruined my CV working for this company.

Would not recommend anyone to work here!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything you can imagine
21 November 2019
Currently on maternity leave from here when I was Woking it was always short staffed, poor management, staff not valued, wouldn't send my worst enemy here.
Pros
None!
Cons
Not a positive thing to say
21 November 2019
I worked here in 2014 and left after 3 months.
Under staffed all the time

Poor management.

It smells of urine constantly.

Poor pay and long hours.

It doesn't seemed to hacr changed much.

Wouldnt work here again and wouldnt let any of my friends or family work or live here.
21 November 2019
A very nice care home with lots of challenges. Very busy as under staff, run off your feet the whole time.
Lovely residents which could always do with more time from staff but the staff are always so busy.
Pros
Residents are always looked after
Cons
Won't help work around your children's care
21 November 2019
Thank you for your vital feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience with us was negative. We are looking at various ways towards improving our business, which resulted in making our business even more friendly to working mothers. We now have a few more options for working hours than we did last year, which is a great start. If you are not satisfied and want to discuss your complaint further, you are more than welcome to contact melissa@goldcarehomes.com.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.