Play YouTube video button

United Kingdom92 reviews
Featured review
Gold Care Homes selected this as a representative review
Great place
Not sure why people are complaining about work place but I think it's ongoing issue within all the companies. The queensway house is the great place to work. If you naturally caring person then you will love the job.
Management is approachable, staff are very hard working and generally very good people.
21 November 2019
Thank you for your kind and most valuable feedback. We’re pleased that you have had a positive experience at Gold Care Homes. Please feel free to leave constructive comments to help us improve our business.
21 November 2019
Think again about working here
This company is a shambles. The non-carers in the business are a joke.
There is no leadership, no progression and no job satisfaction here. Due to mis-management, honest carers are unable to perform the role we are paid to do.

Lack of staff and overworking is the norm here. The senior management including some of the Directors are bullies and are only concerned about filling the beds. Communicating with the Support Office is impossible, especially when rude people who refuse to help you keep directing you back to the home administrator.

If you are interested in a career in care - working here will change your opinion of this honest profession. Stay away and learn your trade elsewhere.
Not recommended
I worked at the company as a care assistant on nights for a month and a half. I didn't receive support and over all the manager had a bad attitude. Staff are under paid and under valued. Management focus on negatives and overall as a company the staff are not equally paid. I sadly had no choice but to quit.
Excellent company with extremely supportive colleagues
I have been working with Gold Care Homes for more than a year. During my job period I have received a lot of support from the top management.

I worked in a several places before but the COO and the Directors are the best senior managment team I have ever worked with in terms of communication and support. Gold Care Homes has a very clear vision to make the company as the best care provider and I am sure they will achieve it soon.
Excellent place to work
Having been in post for 6 months I have found the company to have strong values, a culture of openness and transparency and a genuine desire to give outstanding compassionate care. Training , education and personal development and advancement are all taken seriously . I am very glad to have been offered the chance to be part of this great team
Productive team with great energy in office
Each day is different at head office, it is a very varied job which is great.
There is always somethng new to learn and new exciting projects to get involved with. The team at head office are all so friendly and have a great energy which is amazing atmosphere to work in. There is plenty of opportunity for career progession within the company which is also great to know.
Great Place to Work
Best Companies have always had a strong emphasis on internal workplace culture, the result of which is a strong team who share a common set of values. The people who work here are the atmosphere they create is nothing like anywhere else I have ever worked.

Beyond the people who work here, the purpose that the company aspires to goes beyond money/profit. We don't get everything right, but there is a dedication to the purpose and an integrity to how we go about it.

On a personal level, I have benefited from the belief of my manager and the freedom to find areas where I can add most value. I have never lacked for resources and have usually been backed when wanting to do things the right way.
Enjoyed working here
I worked here for my placement year. Really enjoyed being involved in so many aspects of the job. A great opportunity to gain experience and advance in my career skills. There are pathways to progress in your career. They are always looking for new ideas and take on board any issues raised. Great people to work with and enjoyed my time here.
21 November 2019
It's a good place to work
I've been working for 6 mounts. All staff it's very ,very friendly ,this team help me very much .The manager it's the best,the residents is in the good hands. This job is not for everyone.but for me is yes and i loves working in Kent House epecially now we had good rating , all staff very happy
Awful place to work
Not the best company to work for!! The days are very stressful, long and hard work with little reward or Job satisfaction. The home has a very high turn over of staff mostly due to the immense pressure the management team put them under
21 November 2019
Thank you for your vital feedback. We're sorry to hear that your experience with us was negative. Your comment is extremely concerning to us. We expect that you have raised a complaint with your line manager however, if you are not satisfied and want to discuss your complaint further you are more than welcome to contact melissa@goldcarehomes.com.
diverse and interesting place
I've learned a lot of useful skills regarding care and dementia, which are useful to me.
This is all very relevant to current times and lifestyles.

Home manager, Deputy, Administrator, Clinical lead and Regional manager are all approachable.

Colleagues, Nurses and Activities are supportive
Pros
Job specification
Cons
Loss
21 November 2019
Excellent place to work, friendly staff and excellent management
A very friendly and rewarding place to work, the manager is understanding and caring.

A manager what gives their all, and is an inspiration. Respected by lots.
Nice Staff
Hrs all over the place.
The staff are friendly and never any problems with getting a smile.

Food is put a side by staff for staff which is nice, specifically if your working a long day.
Avoid avoid avoid
This company is awful. They do not care about they staff or residents. You are sometimes not even paid. They have bad standrards, bad managers. The head office is ridiculous nobody answers the phone. The lowest salaries, when you are actually paid.
Awful. Do not work here
This company is a joke. The management and senior management are rude, unproachable and with no people skills
They overwork you and underpay you

Care in the Homes is poor and I would never recommend putting your family in any of their homes
Awful home management!
Worked as maintenance man at hillside nursing home for 9 months... not a bad place to work and most of the staff are great! But the home manager is awful! A truly nasty person! How she is a manager of a care home is beyond me! Never have I ever experienced such a toxic atmosphere! All created by the home manager! IT IS A CARE HOME!!! Experienced blatant racial discrimination!
21 November 2019
A company that cares about residents and employees
Would highly recommend working for gold care homes (worked at Autumn Vale, Welwyn Garden City).

The company main priority are it's residents and they will take steps in delivering the best service through their employees.

The home has a lovley balance of employees working for them, from the direct staff you work with to the management team who are approachable. There is also a friendly atmosphere between staff members which has a positive impact to the residents.
21 November 2019
You are able to make an impact and advance in your career.
It's changed a lot since I began dramatically.

If you're committed to providing excellent care you will be noticed for your work.
It's a wonderful place
Here you will find wonderful and very gentle people. The employees are very friendly and the manager is a special person.Soon we will finish decorating the entire care home and I can assure you that it is a wonderful and peaceful place!
Carer
Absolutely awful company to work for. Poor pay and working conditions residents are not cared for properly as not enough staff and staff do not stay. Management who do not care and have no organisation skills whatsoever. Very sad for the residents that live there
21 November 2019
Gold Care Homes is an amazing place to work at, values their staffs and always encouraging them to do better. Great projects to work on, surely there is space for improvement but with great people we will get there. Great team and work environment.
21 November 2019
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9