Gold Care Homes Employee Reviews

Terrible place and company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 September 2018
Management are Bullies and so called senior staff (inexperienced) and no way job matched by skills!! Horrible working environment. No order or sensible instructions for care staff. Residents not stimulated and hardly ever get taken out. False advertisement in brochure spouting rubbish!! Genuinely feel sorry for the hard working staff that remain! Head office haven't even enquired as to why nearly 70% of the staff have left this home! Avoid this circus of a workplace!!!!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management and senior staff
Avoid
Home management (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 September 2018
I worked here for 9 years and in that time went through 8 different area managers who had no idea! Two brothers one of which was ok but led like a puppet from the other! Your face fits or it doesn’t! I had a good team but sadly the hierarchy couldn’t see it!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of support
Awful place to work
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  South England6 September 2018
This company is run by people who are very good at talking but repeatedly fail to deliver. Broken promises of investment in their almost dilapidated care homes, (sometimes unsafe).
Senior management lack experience and passion, most seem to be either related to someone or close friends of someone high up, making poor decisions effecting staff morale, clearly in the wrong business and haven't got the foggiest idea about the industry they work in.
The only hard workers are the carers, cleaners, kitchen staff and some of their home managers, the rest cause more problems then solving them.
Avoid working here if you value your health and dignity.
Pros
Meeting some good workers
Cons
Culture similar to a 70's factory
Always something to be done
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire27 March 2018
Every day is different, have learnt to work under pressure and as part of a team. Everyone knows their responsibilities. Enjoy seeing the customers happy
Pros
Can get subsidised cooked lunch
care assistant
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruislip6 March 2018
cleaning
looking after them

when i started here i thought it was a nice place but then i felt as if you couldnt even have a conversation with the people as the workers woudnt allow it

i didnt like the way they came across when the boss want around
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
the staff
Dysfunctional
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London19 February 2018
This company is awful and it is shocking to see it is still operating. Feel sorry for the residents there as many care staff are overworked and underpaid, long hours and no appreciation. Staff come and go and management changes all the time. I have worked with some really good staff who genuinely care about the poor residents but senior management don't care about the constant changes. Nobody at senior level seems to know what they are doing just like giving orders! I have ruined my CV working for this company.

Would not recommend anyone to work here!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything you can imagine
Good workplace to work
Care worker assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2018
Excellent senior management team, who are always on hand to assist with any problems. As with any care home, maintaining quality is sometimes difficult, but each employee is given the right support and training opportunity to deliver an excellent service to residents.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes long hours
rewarding career
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greater London13 February 2018
I love working in care due to the close bonds you build with residents, it truly is a really rewarding career. my team are all lovely and we work well together. It is very busy at times but it would be boring if it was quiet and nothing happeneing every day. I feel really supported in everything that I do
Pros
perkbox for discounts while i shop
Friendly and rewarding workplace!
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 February 2018
never had a problem while working within GCH, really lovely people on my team. they are keen to keep you in the company and move you up if you are interested. Perkbox for discounts and also you get money if you refer someone to work and they get hired. teams rewarded for efforts, things don't go unnoticed.
great company
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London12 February 2018
i work with some great people, really rewarding industry. management heading in the right direction support from head office whenever I call up they are happy to help all the time
Great place to work, have learnt alot since joining, company benefit scheme is amazing
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Current Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London9 February 2018
Great place to work, have learnt a lot since joining and the company benefit scheme is amazing. I have a great team of colleagues and manager is always there to support me when needed. Gold Care also offer Perkbox to all employees which is amazing, it really helps save money each month with certain things and have even insured my phone for free!
Could not be happier in a role i love for a great company!
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire9 February 2018
Gold Care has achieved many wonderful things over the years I have been employed by them. It feels more like family than work colleagues. I work in a fabulously decorated home in Peterborough that has been inspired by people who live with Dementia. The environment I work in is something like I've never seen before and have really pushed the boundaries of what living in care is all about.

Gold Care has enabled me to open new doors from when I first started as care assistant all the way to management. A wonderful team of people to work with and very proud to be working in a company with OUTSTANDING care. Any person who may have doubts about working in care please visit us at the Tudors in Peterborough who is hugely part of the Gold Care family.
Pros
Great team work and support from every department
Cons
Can be difficult on the team when someone passes away we care for
Great to work for a Caring Organisation
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire8 February 2018
It's rewarding to know that I make a difference to the Care of our Residents. The staff I work with are great and of course the residents, I enjoy my job and its a fun environment. I have and am learning so much from all the staff and management.
Pros
Employee Benefits, Perkbox-I enjoy my free monthly coffee from Cafe Nero
Great all round
Carer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2018
Not sure why there's so many negative reviews. My experience with GCH has been nothing but positive. I'd be happy to recommend them to anyone without hesitance.
Great example to caring excellence
Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Informa8 February 2018
Great example to caring excellence, fantastic environment which is well thought through with a keen attention to detail. A very easy and enjoyable association to work with
Fab place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 February 2018
Everyone is friendly and kind. Hard work is noticed. Very sociable office with dinners/drinks/Christmas parties. Provided with anything you need to enable you to carry out your job more efficiently. HR available and happy to listen. Very interesting work load - every day is different!
Some good people on the front line - but dreadful company
Muppet (Former Employee) –  London27 January 2018
Having worked for a number of care providers over the years, this outfit is far and above the worst provider I’ve had the misfortune to work for. Could not leave quick enough. Saddens me to leave so many vulnerable people behind. Do not even consider working there. Horrendous culture, senior management and approach to “care”.
Pros
Great examples of how not to provide care
Cons
Everything :(
Short staffed, Poorly run
Night Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire14 December 2017
Currently on maternity leave from here when I was Woking it was always short staffed, poor management, staff not valued, wouldn't send my worst enemy here.
Pros
None!
Cons
Not a positive thing to say
Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welwyn, Hertfordshire30 November 2017
I worked here in 2014 and left after 3 months.
Under staffed all the time
Poor management.
It smells of urine constantly.
Poor pay and long hours.
It doesn't seemed to hacr changed much.
Wouldnt work here again and wouldnt let any of my friends or family work or live here.
Fun off your feet
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage11 October 2017
A very nice care home with lots of challenges. Very busy as under staff, run off your feet the whole time.
Lovely residents which could always do with more time from staff but the staff are always so busy.
Pros
Residents are always looked after
Cons
Won't help work around your children's care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Gold Care Homes Reviews by Location