Goddard Veterinary Group Employee Reviews

Good experience in this company
VCA (Former Employee) –  Tottenham1 October 2018
Good experience overall,management is good,salary should be improved though,working hours are bearable.The company generally hosts very useful days of CPDS
Overall it was a good experience
Veterinary Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2018
Overall it was a interesting experience but i needed more assignments to do during the day to keep me interested. I only had 1 week of work experience and had to go back to full time school afterwards otherwise i would of applied of a part time job there .
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Only there for work experience
fantastic place to work
Veterinary Surgeon (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 August 2018
the most supportive management staff I have worked with in 12 years of clinical practice
clinical freedom but lots of support if needed, I would highly recommend
Cons
None so far
Supportive Management and Brilliant Team
Senior RVN (Current Employee) –  Central London18 July 2018
My move to GVG was the best thing I could have done with career. Coming from a small private practice with minimal management and zero progression, Goddard were able to offer me everything I was after - a competitive salary, a great working environment, career progression and a management team that are second to none. I have never felt more supported in my role as a nurse and I could not think of anywhere else I would rather work.
Pros
Benefits package, generous CPD, flexibility for working hours
Cares about staff
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 July 2018
Came to Goddards from a large corporate , definitely a good move . Managed by clinicians , no share holders . Caring management team . Family owned , staff treated as individuals . Great benefit package .
Pros
Great benefits . Family business
Amazing environment and warm, friendly people
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 July 2018
GVG really does value their people. They are encouraging and supportive and always willing to invest in the staff.

All the teams from head office to branches are warm, friendly, helpful and supportive. Very much enjoy working for them!
Pros
Invested in people, great sallary, great support.
Restricted by management
Veterinary Surgeon (Former Employee) –  London areas5 October 2017
Worked here for several years Hospital and branches. Can say that staff are undervalued and have little say due to the top management only allowing changes convenient to them. Staff members are always unhappy/high turn over of staff +
If you have a problem you might aswell say nothing as you then become even more undervalued and pin pointed out.
Pros
Paid 10 minute break
Cons
Under appreciated, high level of staff turn over, salary
Friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Veterinary Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 July 2017
The staff was very welcoming and seemed very friendly. The practical work was very enjoyable, however the amount of paperwork seemed to go underappreciated by those with high power.
an outstanding fun workplace
Assistant Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gidea Park, Greater London26 June 2017
goddards was a very exciting place to work . you had something different to deal with everyday for example on eday you could be giving a dog surgery an dthe next you would be bathing dogs . I think it can be very emotional because you do connect with the aniamls in a very short space of time and sad things do happen . I learnt a lot of new skills within the 2 weeks of working there . a lot of task were given out in just one day of work but lots gets done . it could of got really busy and lots of pets would come in and I learnt to da with these situations in a calm manner without causing any disruptions to the daily work . the hardest part of the job for me was watching animals be in a lot of pain but helping them did make you feel a little bit better because you would be helping the animal be okay again . alos watching an animal wasn't very nice and was quite hearbreaking because when you like animals so much you do build a very good bond in the time spent with them . the most enjoyable part of the job was metting new animals and owners everyday . It was very exciting meeting them all .
Pros
we didnt work wednesdays
Cons
travelling
Very fun
Cafe Worker (Former Employee) –  Chingford, Greater London3 April 2017
It was a great place to do work exsperiece , I learnt lots of new things and worked with load of great people , it was a fun job which you did different things each day
Pros
Fun
store manager of operation
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Georges30 March 2017
intake of all good for inventory and safer guarding all merchants items of customer quality per order menu that can rotate ever two days daily checking of the cold holding areas i.e, freezer and refrigerator with dry hold areas around the warehouse n kitchen all temperatures where there is been food held
Pros
uniform and lunch
Cons
larger kitchen to perp for private jets
Professional company providing quality care
Veterinary Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wanstead, Greater London8 March 2017
Started my career in Veterinary Nursing here. The Company provided me the opportunity to complete my Veterinary Care Assistant, Diploma and I felt 100% supported by the Managers, my colleagues and by the Training department. I would definitely recommend this place of work as a great starting point to be able to achieve future goals within this field of interest.
Money over loyalty.
Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  London31 January 2017
Not an enjoyable working environment - high turnover of staff. Disloyal colleagues and a lot of mistakes made behind the scenes. Hardworking staff members are not sufficiently rewarded on a personal level.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Horrendous management throughout. Specifically the Mandeville area.
Productive and fun, learn a lot
Helped staff (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London18 December 2016
Working here allowed me to attain some knowledge in the veterinary aspect of the world and seeing how animals are looked after in a different way. It also allowed you to deal with the reality of putting a pet down and allowed you to develop communication skills on how to comfort the owners going through a tough time.
Pros
Being around animals all day
Cons
No free lunch, making read and coffee for staff
Challenging and diverse role
Head Nurse (Former Employee) –  London27 October 2014
Head Nurse at a 24 hour hospital. My role was varied and consisted of the following:

Managing the performance of the team.

Providing coaching for staff and regular one-to-one meetings and appraisals of the team.

Preparing and implementing induction schedules for all new staff.

Holding regular team meetings with senior team members, to ensure an excellent level of service.

Maintaining a safe working environment for all staff.

Ensuring that adequate levels of equipment were available and monitoring expenditure.

Implementing economical working practices, to control the use of consumables.

Designing and delivering lectures to groups of trainee Animal Nursing Assistants.

Nursing duties.
Exciting and informative
Assistant to Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bruce Grove31 July 2014
As this was my first placement, I was both excited and nervous. My co-workers were both very friendly and helpful, constantly providing me with new information and giving me a lot of responsibilities, such as caring for small animals. This placement helped me develop my listening skills and helped me to become more aware of health and safety in the workplace.