Goddard Veterinary Group

Goddard Veterinary Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews
I have worked for the company for 5 years and they are great for supporting career progression. The standards of practice are very high and the caseload is great.
Pros
Case load, CPD allowance, benefits
Cons
Can be stressful
Since this was work experience, packed all into one week, I didn't get a chance to spend a lot of time , however I had a great time working with the colleagues. The most fun part was seeing the animals and being able to be in consultations with them. Everyone was very lovely which makes it even memorable and welcoming to work.
High turnover of staff and loyal members of staff leaving due to poor management decisions. Work is never rewarded and you feel like you are being are being criticised all the time especially by leaders on the floor. Lots of backstabbing and cruel headnurse.
Nice practice. Just some team members not getting on unfortunately

Small but busy practice. Digital x-rays.

Operations are mainly routine neuters etc
Having work experience in the industry really gave me an insight on the vets have to take care of the animals and how to make sure everything is in order. For this work experience, I was working with stock control, helping with cleaning the animals and feeding.
goddard veterinary group provides you with customer service experience, training with different kinds of animals. i would recomened working here to people who would like to go further in veterinary care.
Working with this business has proven to be rewarding and, gave me a lot of insight into the veterinary business including, the many procedures used to help the animals. The staff were friendly and very helpful whenever I needed help or asked any questions.
Pros
Freindly Staff
Cons
Very Busy
I worked at Goddards Hayes End for the past 3 years. Left recently as re-located to Hampshire. Thoroughly enjoyed my time working with an amazing team and lovely clients and their pets. I would highly recommend working for Goddards and will endeavour to find another veterinary practice in my new loacation. Thank you for making my time there a happy one
I had a great experience working for Goddards. I enjoyed building relationships with regular clients and working in a friendly and positive environment with supportive staff. I received good training and found that my colleagues were always willing to help me figure things out when I was new. I was always treated fairly and received constructive criticism. I maintained a good work-life balance while I was at the company and they were always helpful when I was ill/ needed unexpected time off. However, I do feel that management are very hands-off. Overall, I had a wonderful tie working with Goddards and would recommend them highly.
Pros
good work-life balance
I have had a great time working for Goddard vet group. I have been in a small branch practice for almost 2 years and love it. I came to the company as a just qualified RVN and had lots of support from team members and management in advancing my skills. Plenty of opportunity to advance in your role whilst maintaining a great work life balance. Having come from a very stressful previous nursing job, it was nice to be able to leave work at work and know that you have the support of your colleagues and a very friendly management team should you need it. Great CPD allowance, rewards/benefits and good salaries. You are treated as an individual and not just another number! I would recommend to a friend any day!
Pros
No out of hours work
Having recently started at Goddards, I have never received such a friendly welcome from a company. I have been blown away by how amazing the team is - from managers to kennel assistants, and how well they all work together and support each other. I have never been to a company where every single person I have met has been so welcoming and genuinely happy to help me with anything that I've needed. Being part of such a great team makes all the difference to a working day.
Pros
supportive; amazing managerial involvement; welcoming; friendly; excellent team work
Cons
long but rewarding hours; high case load but great learning experience
Good experience overall,management is good,salary should be improved though,working hours are bearable.The company generally hosts very useful days of CPDS
Overall it was a interesting experience but i needed more assignments to do during the day to keep me interested. I only had 1 week of work experience and had to go back to full time school afterwards otherwise i would of applied of a part time job there .
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Only there for work experience
the most supportive management staff I have worked with in 12 years of clinical practice
clinical freedom but lots of support if needed, I would highly recommend
Cons
None so far
My move to GVG was the best thing I could have done with career. Coming from a small private practice with minimal management and zero progression, Goddard were able to offer me everything I was after - a competitive salary, a great working environment, career progression and a management team that are second to none. I have never felt more supported in my role as a nurse and I could not think of anywhere else I would rather work.
Pros
Benefits package, generous CPD, flexibility for working hours
Came to Goddards from a large corporate , definitely a good move . Managed by clinicians , no share holders . Caring management team . Family owned , staff treated as individuals . Great benefit package .
Pros
Great benefits . Family business
GVG really does value their people. They are encouraging and supportive and always willing to invest in the staff.

All the teams from head office to branches are warm, friendly, helpful and supportive. Very much enjoy working for them!
Pros
Invested in people, great sallary, great support.
Worked here for several years Hospital and branches. Can say that staff are undervalued and have little say due to the top management only allowing changes convenient to them. Staff members are always unhappy/high turn over of staff +
If you have a problem you might aswell say nothing as you then become even more undervalued and pin pointed out.
Pros
Paid 10 minute break
Cons
Under appreciated, high level of staff turn over, salary
The staff was very welcoming and seemed very friendly. The practical work was very enjoyable, however the amount of paperwork seemed to go underappreciated by those with high power.
goddards was a very exciting place to work . you had something different to deal with everyday for example on eday you could be giving a dog surgery an dthe next you would be bathing dogs . I think it can be very emotional because you do connect with the aniamls in a very short space of time and sad things do happen . I learnt a lot of new skills within the 2 weeks of working there . a lot of task were given out in just one day of work but lots gets done . it could of got really busy and lots of pets would come in and I learnt to da with these situations in a calm manner without causing any disruptions to the daily work . the hardest part of the job for me was watching animals be in a lot of pain but helping them did make you feel a little bit better because you would be helping the animal be okay again . alos watching an animal wasn't very nice and was quite hearbreaking because when you like animals so much you do build a very good bond in the time spent with them . the most enjoyable part of the job was metting new animals and owners everyday . It was very exciting meeting them all .
Pros
we didnt work wednesdays
Cons
travelling
It was a great place to do work exsperiece , I learnt lots of new things and worked with load of great people , it was a fun job which you did different things each day
Pros
Fun