Glow Green Ltd

Glow Green Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Glow Green Ltd selected this as a representative review
I have been working for Glow Green for a few months and have been really impressed. The mix between an ambitious company with a family feel is fantastic. The office is very modern and clean (table tennis table helps) and every single member of staff is there to help. If you need support then ask, great comradery! Their plans for the future are only to grow. They are ambitious whilst prioritising customer service! Modern, forward thinking company that is only growing!
Pros
Ambitious company
Cons
None!!
I started at Glowgreen approaching 3 weeks ago now, i've been welcomed by all staff and have slotted in perfectly into my account manager role. Workplace culture is good but with many working from home I feel we're missing many lively characters in the office so i'm sure it'll get even better. Having known very little about boilers this time last month I was apprehensive regarding my ability to sell boilers to customers however the 2 day training crash course initially was great and set me up perfectly. The call listening with senior members of staff prepared me for the everyday expectations of the job and gave me a good feeling about how I may fare in the role. I wouldn't class myself as the best salesman but in my first couple weeks I secured well over 30 boiler sales so the training certainly paid off in someway. The salary and benefits are favourable, the hours may seem long to some however i'm used to extensive hours in previous positions. The interview process was smooth also, I had originally applied for a customer service role but my interviewers saw potential in me for the account manager position and after hearing more about the position i rolled with it and its got me here. Overall very happy so far, sales has it's good and bad days but it's certainly exciting and refreshing to enjoy going into the workplace. Couldn't recommend a better company to come and work for particularly amidst the uncertainty many will find themselves in with Covid about, Glowgreen are on the up and it's great to be on board.
Pros
Pay, culture, training
Cons
working the odd weekend
Started as a Account Manager and first month achieved a fair result, better then I expected. Next month expecting to hit top tier, this is one of the best paid roles I've had out of 3 high end sales roles Ive had in Bournemouth. Its a fun product to sale and good to get in early in the UK Green energy / products demand. Training is very good and detailed and completed in just over a week. Looking forward to going on a journey with GG.
Pros
Great earning potential
Cons
Fast Pace
Fast paced position. You certainly get out what you put in. There is plenty of opportunity to close business here and earn some decent commission as long as you put in the effort. The hours are long but when the day is done - it's done. You won't be taking your work home with you. Training and support is spot on and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a sales opportunity. Don't be afraid to pick up the phone and dial and you'll be alright.
Was not sure about the job at first due to the team i was on, however since a change of how we worked and team its been brilliant. Really good salary and work nights out before Covid, also my line managers are helpful and approachable. You have to speak to the odd angry customer but thats part of the job, long hours but dont have to work every weekend like in prevois roles, all in all a great company to work for and i have moved up the ladder and had pay increases.
Pros
Good pay, promotion, good managers, most weekends off.
Cons
In general I think Glow Green has the potential to be something really great. It is undergoing a tremendous period of growth and expansion right now, but I cannot help feeling that it is not handling the growth as well as it could, as it seems unprepared. My individual role, whilst it is not complicated, I do feel that Glow Green has a severe lack of a training programme to enable new starters to flourish in their new role. Too often I find myself under immense pressure and feel as if I am floundering in the dark as I have not the knowledge of how to successfully do my job. I feel as if I have been thrown in at the deep end and do not have the necessary skills to complete my role as fully as I should. I believe Glow Green needs to really invest in a proper training programme for their new starters and not just expect them to be equipped and ready to do their job in a matter of a couple of days, unfortunately we all learn at a different pace, whilst some may pick up the role quickly, others do not. It takes time for new employees to develop the skill set required for a new role and often ongoing training and support is needed. I understand that this is a very busy time of year for the business and perhaps with that in mind, maybe now was not the wisest time to embark on such a recruitment drive, but maybe earlier in the year would have been better to give new starters a chance to settle in their new role ready for the busy period.
Pros
Work from home and a good starting salary, nice hours.
Cons
Really I have detailed my opinion on this above, those are the cons.
During my time with Glowgreen there has been a system overhaul as such, working on aftercare can be a struggle with senior members of the team and management not working as a team and leaning on others a bit too much. Overall I have learned a lot about the workings of a boiler and legal requirements. There has been little in the way of progression within the company, so cannot too much on advancement, however it appears a more flat hierarchy with little advancement options.
Pros
Work from home (at the moment)
Cons
A lot of pressure, little recognition
I haven't worked at GlowGreen long, but in the short time I have been here, It has been a nice place to work. My colleagues are friendly, and have always been happy to offer a hand, understanding that i'm still learning the role. Lots of room for progression, with the rate of growth at GlowGreen, there are some really exciting opportunities for people coming up.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Saturday Working
The job is very clear and you can focus. The company is young and ongoing training would be good. Having 3 sources of communication can be too much at times, for example you could be on the phone and then receive a call or message via genysys which can be distracting. I think it could be helpful to have virtual teams ie a sales person , a tech person , a customer service person and a finance person, within a fixed team you get to know someone well and you can ask one person specific questions. Senior staff do not always respond, may be because they are busy. However a lack of response leaves you wondering and less inclined to communicate in the future.
Pros
Home working can be good
Cons
Long hours and high commitment expectations
Before i started at Glow green, i was in a bit of a tough financial situation, which was causing a lot frustration and anxiety in my professional and personal life.I was referred to glow green by two different individuals who i had previously worked with at other companies and had gotten along well with, so i figured it was worth a try.I applied for an account manager position and before long was invited to an interview with the director, shortly after i was invited to start at glow green where I was given a crash course on boilers before being assigned to an existing account manager who then talked me through the process of quoting a customer via the crm and arranging for a finance application and installation on behalf of the customer.I learned an awful lot in a short period of time and initially the amount of information i was being given was a little bit daunting, but there was always a supervisor or manager around to help me if i was unsure of anything, so within a few weeks i was familiar with the the products we offer and how to process an order. After about 5-6 weeks i was regularly meeting targets set out by management and was even approaching the top of the leader board with regards to sales, so i was informed that i had passed the probation period early. Passing the probation period early gave me an extra sense of job security and also made me feel like my work was being appreciated in a time where for a lot of people, job security simply isn't there.Since starting at glow green, I have managed to earn enough money to significantly reduce my debts whilst - more...
Pros
Free social events (pre ppandemic) company drinks etc
Cons
occasionally have to work on a Saturday but not very often
Huge workload, long hours. Good staff nights out. The pace of work is exhausting, you create your own teams. As Glow Green is a team effort not confined to your specific job title.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
nice people to work with a really fun atmosphere. im in the sales department and was worried to join at first as I know nothing about boilers. The training was the best sales / tech training I have had in 10 year experience teaching me all I need to know about boilers and their products. Fantastic system they have made to, feels like GG are really going to be the UK biggest boiler company going with their UW partnership.
Pros
Good training and people I work with
Cons
fast paced
been working for Glow Green / Utility Warehouse for 6 months selling boilers, smart homes controls and Air con. Great place to work, MD is really driven and supportive to get the best out of the sales team, which helps me increase my own sales and ££ Lots of new projects starting and proud to be a part of GG!
Pros
supportive MD
Cons
nothing
Really exciting the growth the company is going on with the Utility Warehouse partnership with new boilers, Smart home and air con. Looking forward to having a long term role and being part of the growth that is now coming Smart office, though I am working from home. Bonus is great and really supportive Management
Pros
Great pay and management
Cons
wish they had a coffee machine
Been at GG 2 months now and must say its a great job! really like the role and the software you work from Management are really supportive and if like me you are in the top band of sales your commission earning are fantastic Hopefully be with GG many years to come.
Pros
commission earnings
Cons
nothing
don't believe a word that comes out of their mouths you are on a zero hours contract . Jobs come through on ipad and if not there on the system you have to ring and they send you job and by the time you get the boiler it can be 12.00 before start . They get you to do recalls on other engineers work as customer complaints are high.MD is only young and in my opinion not experienced. Company looks flash but are a second rate company offering the customers the world
Pros
I love working for this company Sadly it’s hard to get a response back to questions etc at times but it’s good to be autonomous and through the portal system I choose when I want to work and can book off as much time as I want
Pros
Pays well
Cons
No one replies to questions
As a sales surveyor my job was to sell. I managed a 40% conversion rate. At first the company was well run, and installations went in without problems. 4 months into the job the company went into partnership with Utility Warehouse. then things went bad. Electricians not turning up at Installation, scaffolding not ordered Survey not checked before installation and when ordering for the installation. Their Trust Pilot went from 5***** to Please customer do not read Trust Pilot They deducted pay from having flue in December over Xmas and when I left the company at end of February, they did not pay me for my final commissions on Installations that where still to be completed.
There is a healthy balance of work and fun at the glow green office and strongly recommend working here to anyone! The sales office is competitive and rewarding, learning something new every day.
Pros
Great sales structure and easy to get sales on the board
Cons
Open plan office can get loud at times
Glow green is a well organised company who gives there employees maximum help they possibly can. From start to finish they take there time to make sure everything is flowing perfectly and making sure that your work place is to where you want it to be. 5 star for me
Since working here at Glowgreen i have been welcomed with open arms, The team i work with are great and everyone is happy to answer my questions if i have any, Progression is definitely something i was looking for coming into the business, This has been honored as promised with hard work and dedication and i am now being promoted to management. Nice to not work weekends. Owner of the business gets involved, comes and sits with you, dont feel like just ' a member of staff' feel valued for the work we do. I am in the sales team and i have never felt like its a long day or its dragging. Every day is a fun new opportunity to earn some good money. No cold calling all warm leads, Not dialing out all day, your customers are your customers. Best decision i have made to join the business and i wont be looking back. Great money no false promises
  1. Employee reviews