Gloucestershire County Council

Gloucestershire County Council Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Teaching Assistant5 reviews
United Kingdom5 reviews
Total commitment to the pupils and improving their learning strategies and encouraging them to be independent and more confident. A structured timetable was in place which ensured the pupils received the best and consistent support.
My day was clearly defined with the morning helping teach maths and English.The afternoons either teaching PE or working on the creative curriculum which could of been design and technology, painting, building, papermache or a large art project.I delivered these across all year groups within school.This was the best part of the job.
The hardest part of the job was having enough time to make sure it was done to the best standard.
Pros
Using my creative abilities.
I love working here! Lovely staff, great children and an overall good team at the Rissington school. The staff are welcoming and we all get along great!
Can be long hours but all worth it in the end!
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Can be long hours
worked for 14 years in a primary setting with changes to staff and children had a great deal of pleasure and job satisfaction made some good friends and grew in both knowledge and self esteem as part of a caring community
Pros
great school dinners
Cons
lots of work done on own time
I would arrive at work and talk to the manager about the plans for the day, this would depend on which children we were looking after and what the weather conditions were on that day. Activities included horse riding, reading and playing team games.

The hardest part of the job was gaining respect of the young boys as a female.

The most enjoyable part was involving myself with the children when playing team games and having general conversations with them.

I learnt throughout this job, how lucky I was to have a fortunate upbringing as most of the children were in foster homes.
Pros
Seeing the children happy
Cons
Working with some of the boys who would not take on board advice
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gloucestershire County Council?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gloucestershire County Council. Our community is ready to answer.
Gloucestershire County Council Reviews by Location