Gloucestershire County Council

Gloucestershire County Council Employee Reviews in Cheltenham

Cheltenham5 reviews
As you're working for the council, there is always an concern that jobs will be cut or changed which can lead to uncertainty throughout the staff. However, I met some lovely individuals and really enjoyed the job I did. The management was poor as we all felt they didn't listen to how we felt about situations, and would often act the opposite, but overall I really enjoyed my roll.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Job uncertainty
I would recommend the school to all my friends.because there is always a pleasure to work as part of the team. The children and staff are very polite and it gives me the pleasure to be part of it.
Cons
My role as Visiting Officer involves face to face financial assessments with my clients. I have always enjoyed the work that I do and feel that one of the better aspects of my job is meeting other people and the rapport that I am able to create with them.
The long distances that I have to travel to and from my home to my office are less appealing for me but I have to put up with this as there will be little opportunity within the team to transfer to an office that is nearer to my home.

I feel comfortable with all of the clients that I deal with and I enjoy that but I would say that one of the harder aspects is the administration that the role involves.
Pros
Meeting people.
Cons
Long distance travelling.
Tis is good get to talk about lots off things and also the co-workers are also good
Pros
Free food
Cons
nothing
I would arrive at work and talk to the manager about the plans for the day, this would depend on which children we were looking after and what the weather conditions were on that day. Activities included horse riding, reading and playing team games.

The hardest part of the job was gaining respect of the young boys as a female.

The most enjoyable part was involving myself with the children when playing team games and having general conversations with them.

I learnt throughout this job, how lucky I was to have a fortunate upbringing as most of the children were in foster homes.
Pros
Seeing the children happy
Cons
Working with some of the boys who would not take on board advice
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gloucestershire County Council. Our community is ready to answer.
Gloucestershire County Council Reviews by Location