Gloucestershire College Employee Reviews

Wouldnt recommend to anyone!!
Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham5 December 2016
I worked at the College on a temporary contract. I would summarise that some departments seemed good and others pretty bad. Mine was the latter. Line management was awful and seemingly performance managing from the get go. Cold and clinical treatment where you were very much a worker and not a person. Little interest in getting to know me...which is a fundamental pre-requisite to creating a work place where you feel appreciated and cared about. The work environment was an alien experience to me, I felt isolated and lonely. I would not recommend to anyone!!
Pros
Excellent holidays
Cons
Poor work environment and personal treatment
Fun place to work, great teams
International Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham22 November 2016
Real sense of being part of a team, things were hard at times but very supported by the team. I was promoted and felt very valued. great leave and sick pay. Enjoyable role and I miss it very much.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
open evenings!
Hard work for very little benefit
Exams Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham10 November 2016
The make you work so hard, but you get nothing in return. They are not interested in you as a person, and it really is a case of who you know, and not what you know
A lot of red tape and systems
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Gloucester24 September 2016
I am lucky that I work with a great team, but the work load is immense, the pay isn't great and there are sooooo many systems to get used to. Have to do english and maths online despite already having the right quals. Expected to do a lot of hours for my part time role!
Pros
Good advancement if you want it
Cons
Heavy workload, lots of beauracracy
Seems a great place to work but let down at the last minute
Enrolment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham6 August 2016
I was due to take on a temporary role with the college and having got through the screening and interview process I was really looking forward to starting with them. It seemed a nice environment to work in and good potential progression onto a permanent role. Unfortunately they told me only 2 days before I was due to start (and had handed my notice in at my previous job) that they could no longer offer me the position due to the pre employment checks not quite meeting their requirements for a temporary role. The person who contacted me wasn't apologetic at all and I was incredibly disappointed with them after this. Having spoke on the phone with them several times prior to this they pushed for me to hand in my notice asap as the start date was brought forward so now I am without a job and left feeling very let down by the way they handled the situation. Such a shame for a big, seemingly great company on the outside, to treat potential employees like this.
productive and fun workplace
Lecturer in Creative Media Production (Current Employee) –  Gloucester15 June 2016
A relaxing and pleasant working environment for students. Great canteen. Great facilities for Media Production. I have learned more about my subject. The management team is dynamic and young spirited. The hardest part of the job is the marking and the most enjoyable part of the job is my relationship with great students and seeing their progress enjoying the course.
Pros
great selection at the canteen
Cons
far away from home
My first role in FE
Lecturer in Computing (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham10 May 2016
Very interesting staff from all walks of life. A good group of students. A lot of quality steps to go through including having to take foundation maths and English even though I have 2 degrees and have taught maths.
Great place work, lovely people
Enrolment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire6 November 2015
Worked temporarily as an Enrolment Assistant, two weeks training then non stop enrolling students into the college. Really enjoyed working there and keen to go back. Met some lovely people and made some new friends.
Pros
cheap parking and lunch facility
Cons
Fun and productive, helped make decisions
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coleford, ENG30 July 2015
The role was brilliant as I was able to make decisions on what I was doing during the work experience placement.

Management was very helpful as I was able to think creatively whilst undertaking my responsibilities.

The hours were quite short as library closes at 2pm on most days of week.
Pros
Good management, Fun and productive environment, helpful colleagues, helped me organise workload
Cons
Short hours as with all the creatively and decision making
Only a temporary role but felt very welcomed and enjoyed my time there.
Enrolment Staff and Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham8 February 2014
I worked at Gloucestershire College as a temporary worker during my summer breaks from University. My job involved talking to both current and potential students face to face about various courses on offer. I was responsible for enroling students on to new courses and taking payment via both cash and card. I was always made to feel very welcome at the college upon my return and it was a very friendly working environment.
Pros
Friendly working environment.
Cons
The pay wasn't very good however I can only comment on my position which was a temporary role.
Level 1 in English and Maths
FURTHER EDUATION (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, ENG20 September 2013
I really enjoyed the course and as i have been living in Turkey for 8 years i have learnt lot.
Negative
Hairdressing Lecture (Former Employee) –  Gloucester15 November 2012
Lack of support from managers, To quick to take information from other team members, rather than clarifying the evidance before acting,
Most co-worker were helpful but a few were trouble makers and dangerous,
The most enjoyable was teaching my learners, and getting positive feedback.
Pros
additional training
Cons
too many chiefs