Gloucestershire College
Gloucestershire College Employee Review

OK for some

3 June 2017
Poor management and the college seems to be losing its way. Staff becoming more and more depressed and the place is no longer a happy place to work.

You certainly earn your salary as you are expected to do your job and cover for others.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication
4 January 2020
Same role
Lecturer in GCSE Biology & GCSE + FS Maths (Current Employee) - Gloucester, Gloucestershire
This is a good college which has the potential to be excellent but it needs to look at its provision and move towards being more academic rather than vocational to attract more able learners and enhance its reputation.
9 May 2017
Lecturer (Current Employee) - Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Teaching hairdressing qualifications for both ladies and gents qualifications form school level to level 3.
creating course resources, mentoring new tutors. lead IV for level 1 and schools moderation. carrying out daily, weekly and month reports.

Hardest part of the job is not having information given in time for events and deadlines.

Enjoyable part of the job; molding learners into budding new hairdressers. that I met my KPI's every year.
Cons
Poor delivery of imforamtion from line managers.
24 September 2016
Lecturer (Current Employee) - Gloucester
I am lucky that I work with a great team, but the work load is immense, the pay isn't great and there are sooooo many systems to get used to. Have to do english and maths online despite already having the right quals. Expected to do a lot of hours for my part time role!
Pros
Good advancement if you want it
Cons
Heavy workload, lots of beauracracy