Gloucestershire College
Gloucestershire College Employee Review

great team

18 March 2017
great place to work, supportive team, many opportunities to develop different roles, big enough to be able to grow in your profession and small enough to make a real difference in the lives of the people you interact with.
14 May 2020
Same role
Student Mentor, Employment Tutor. (Current Employee) - Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Possibly the nicest bunch of people to work with, great environment. Love it. Supportive staff and management. Lovely surroundings. Job can be stressful but always good humoured.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Can be stressful and demanding.
2 January 2020
Same location
Schools Liaison Coordinator (Current Employee) - Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
My role is very varied and can be anything from dealing with strategic planning to ensure we are achieving our reach into our feeder schools in the county. We involve ourselves in developing schools engagemen activities, such as developing tasters and open evening events for schools to packing up my car to go to a careers event in the evening in the many schools throughout Gloucestershire. Some jobs are admin based such as recording all the events I am involved in and reporting on the applications we have achieved but it's always interesting to see how we well we are achieving against targets and the reach we have.

The management culture at GC is fantastic! we don't have a hierarchy, I can pop my head into my VP's office anytime and ask for him to support an event I am doing in schools - he is always very supportive of the work I do and often includes me in the many initiatives we run including all the new Apprenticeship opportunities we have coming up in Cyber Security. My line manager is also really supportive of the issues I face and always happy to make time to talk through any concerns I have and offer any advice to help me achieve the very best outcomes. Equally, I would be very comfortable talking to any member of the senior management team, including our principal who is always very open to new ideas. We have a principal update and forum whereby we can offer our ideas and ask questions. We are always kept up to date on the organisational aims and our role within them.

The mosts enjoyable part of my job is the working with my customers and their pupils. People who
 - more...
25 September 2019
Same location
Teaching Assistant Placement (Former Employee) - Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Dreadful wage for this post. Even worse this year as they are cutting hours and weeks worked. Avoid. The only bonus is the holidays off you could not survive on this wage. Ok if you just need pin money.