Gloucestershire College
Gloucestershire College Employee Review

productive

3 January 2018
setting up kitchens ready for use in training kitchen workplace training , helping and students and staff in there daily duties ,
Pros
free parking
Cons
2 January 2020
Schools Liaison Coordinator (Current Employee) - Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
My role is very varied and can be anything from dealing with strategic planning to ensure we are achieving our reach into our feeder schools in the county. We involve ourselves in developing schools engagemen activities, such as developing tasters and open evening events for schools to packing up my car to go to a careers event in the evening in the many schools throughout Gloucestershire. Some jobs are admin based such as recording all the events I am involved in and reporting on the applications we have achieved but it's always interesting to see how we well we are achieving against targets and the reach we have.

The management culture at GC is fantastic! we don't have a hierarchy, I can pop my head into my VP's office anytime and ask for him to support an event I am doing in schools - he is always very supportive of the work I do and often includes me in the many initiatives we run including all the new Apprenticeship opportunities we have coming up in Cyber Security. My line manager is also really supportive of the issues I face and always happy to make time to talk through any concerns I have and offer any advice to help me achieve the very best outcomes. Equally, I would be very comfortable talking to any member of the senior management team, including our principal who is always very open to new ideas. We have a principal update and forum whereby we can offer our ideas and ask questions. We are always kept up to date on the organisational aims and our role within them.

The mosts enjoyable part of my job is the working with my customers and their pupils. People who
 - more...
25 September 2019
Teaching Assistant Placement (Former Employee) - Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Dreadful wage for this post. Even worse this year as they are cutting hours and weeks worked. Avoid. The only bonus is the holidays off you could not survive on this wage. Ok if you just need pin money.
7 September 2018
IT Department (Current Employee) - Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Excellent Place to work, people are all very friendly and very Nice. Been working in the IT Department for quite a while now, Challenging yet Fun work as you get to interact with everyone and always on your feet doing things and solving problems and dealing with issues. Excellent exposure to many IT Systems, something that would not get at other companies, which enables you to learn new technologies and get more involved in systems and projects!

Excellent Holiday allowance provided during the year and excellent pension scheme, although Salary is lower here than working elsewhere, the generous holiday allowances and the working environment makes up for this!

Best Job of my career!
Pros
Holiday Allowance, Working Environment, Lovely People and easy to get on with, Parking, Location
Cons
Below Average Salary, Expensive food items in the canteen, being a college one would think the prices would be reasonable but quite high.