Gloucestershire College Employee Reviews for Lecturer

OK for some
Lecturer in English (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire3 June 2017
Poor management and the college seems to be losing its way. Staff becoming more and more depressed and the place is no longer a happy place to work.

You certainly earn your salary as you are expected to do your job and cover for others.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication
A lot of red tape and systems
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Gloucester24 September 2016
I am lucky that I work with a great team, but the work load is immense, the pay isn't great and there are sooooo many systems to get used to. Have to do english and maths online despite already having the right quals. Expected to do a lot of hours for my part time role!
Pros
Good advancement if you want it
Cons
Heavy workload, lots of beauracracy
productive and fun workplace
Lecturer in Creative Media Production (Current Employee) –  Gloucester15 June 2016
A relaxing and pleasant working environment for students. Great canteen. Great facilities for Media Production. I have learned more about my subject. The management team is dynamic and young spirited. The hardest part of the job is the marking and the most enjoyable part of the job is my relationship with great students and seeing their progress enjoying the course.
Pros
great selection at the canteen
Cons
far away from home
My first role in FE
Lecturer in Computing (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham10 May 2016
Very interesting staff from all walks of life. A good group of students. A lot of quality steps to go through including having to take foundation maths and English even though I have 2 degrees and have taught maths.