Gloucestershire College

Gloucestershire College Employee Reviews for Lecturer

Lecturer6 reviews
United Kingdom6 reviews
This is a good college which has the potential to be excellent but it needs to look at its provision and move towards being more academic rather than vocational to attract more able learners and enhance its reputation.
Poor management and the college seems to be losing its way. Staff becoming more and more depressed and the place is no longer a happy place to work.

You certainly earn your salary as you are expected to do your job and cover for others.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Teaching hairdressing qualifications for both ladies and gents qualifications form school level to level 3.
creating course resources, mentoring new tutors. lead IV for level 1 and schools moderation. carrying out daily, weekly and month reports.

Hardest part of the job is not having information given in time for events and deadlines.

Enjoyable part of the job; molding learners into budding new hairdressers. that I met my KPI's every year.
Cons
Poor delivery of imforamtion from line managers.
I am lucky that I work with a great team, but the work load is immense, the pay isn't great and there are sooooo many systems to get used to. Have to do english and maths online despite already having the right quals. Expected to do a lot of hours for my part time role!
Pros
Good advancement if you want it
Cons
Heavy workload, lots of beauracracy
A relaxing and pleasant working environment for students. Great canteen. Great facilities for Media Production. I have learned more about my subject. The management team is dynamic and young spirited. The hardest part of the job is the marking and the most enjoyable part of the job is my relationship with great students and seeing their progress enjoying the course.
Pros
great selection at the canteen
Cons
far away from home
Very interesting staff from all walks of life. A good group of students. A lot of quality steps to go through including having to take foundation maths and English even though I have 2 degrees and have taught maths.