Gloucestershire College Employee Reviews for Enrolment Assistant

3.4Pay & Benefits
Seems a great place to work but let down at the last minute
Enrolment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham6 August 2016
I was due to take on a temporary role with the college and having got through the screening and interview process I was really looking forward to starting with them. It seemed a nice environment to work in and good potential progression onto a permanent role. Unfortunately they told me only 2 days before I was due to start (and had handed my notice in at my previous job) that they could no longer offer me the position due to the pre employment checks not quite meeting their requirements for a temporary role. The person who contacted me wasn't apologetic at all and I was incredibly disappointed with them after this. Having spoke on the phone with them several times prior to this they pushed for me to hand in my notice asap as the start date was brought forward so now I am without a job and left feeling very let down by the way they handled the situation. Such a shame for a big, seemingly great company on the outside, to treat potential employees like this.