Gloucestershire College Employee Reviews in Cheltenham

Terrible wage
Teaching Assistant Placement (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire25 September 2019
Dreadful wage for this post. Even worse this year as they are cutting hours and weeks worked. Avoid. The only bonus is the holidays off you could not survive on this wage. Ok if you just need pin money.
Excellent Place to work!
IT Department (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire7 September 2018
Excellent Place to work, people are all very friendly and very Nice. Been working in the IT Department for quite a while now, Challenging yet Fun work as you get to interact with everyone and always on your feet doing things and solving problems and dealing with issues. Excellent exposure to many IT Systems, something that would not get at other companies, which enables you to learn new technologies and get more involved in systems and projects!

Excellent Holiday allowance provided during the year and excellent pension scheme, although Salary is lower here than working elsewhere, the generous holiday allowances and the working environment makes up for this!

Best Job of my career!
Pros
Holiday Allowance, Working Environment, Lovely People and easy to get on with, Parking, Location
Cons
Below Average Salary, Expensive food items in the canteen, being a college one would think the prices would be reasonable but quite high.
productive
Catering and Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire3 January 2018
setting up kitchens ready for use in training kitchen workplace training , helping and students and staff in there daily duties ,
Pros
free parking
great team
EFL Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire18 March 2017
great place to work, supportive team, many opportunities to develop different roles, big enough to be able to grow in your profession and small enough to make a real difference in the lives of the people you interact with.
productive
Finance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, UK9 February 2017
Processing of invoices
Sorting emails
Payment runs
Telephone queries
Work well within the College
Easygoing with strict culture when required
Not being made to feel worthy
Getting on with some work colleagues
Pros
Pension Scheme
Cons
not being made to feel worth anything
Wouldnt recommend to anyone!!
Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham5 December 2016
I worked at the College on a temporary contract. I would summarise that some departments seemed good and others pretty bad. Mine was the latter. Line management was awful and seemingly performance managing from the get go. Cold and clinical treatment where you were very much a worker and not a person. Little interest in getting to know me...which is a fundamental pre-requisite to creating a work place where you feel appreciated and cared about. The work environment was an alien experience to me, I felt isolated and lonely. I would not recommend to anyone!!
Pros
Excellent holidays
Cons
Poor work environment and personal treatment
Fun place to work, great teams
International Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham22 November 2016
Real sense of being part of a team, things were hard at times but very supported by the team. I was promoted and felt very valued. great leave and sick pay. Enjoyable role and I miss it very much.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
open evenings!
Hard work for very little benefit
Exams Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham10 November 2016
The make you work so hard, but you get nothing in return. They are not interested in you as a person, and it really is a case of who you know, and not what you know
Seems a great place to work but let down at the last minute
Enrolment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham6 August 2016
I was due to take on a temporary role with the college and having got through the screening and interview process I was really looking forward to starting with them. It seemed a nice environment to work in and good potential progression onto a permanent role. Unfortunately they told me only 2 days before I was due to start (and had handed my notice in at my previous job) that they could no longer offer me the position due to the pre employment checks not quite meeting their requirements for a temporary role. The person who contacted me wasn't apologetic at all and I was incredibly disappointed with them after this. Having spoke on the phone with them several times prior to this they pushed for me to hand in my notice asap as the start date was brought forward so now I am without a job and left feeling very let down by the way they handled the situation. Such a shame for a big, seemingly great company on the outside, to treat potential employees like this.
My first role in FE
Lecturer in Computing (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham10 May 2016
Very interesting staff from all walks of life. A good group of students. A lot of quality steps to go through including having to take foundation maths and English even though I have 2 degrees and have taught maths.
Only a temporary role but felt very welcomed and enjoyed my time there.
Enrolment Staff and Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham8 February 2014
I worked at Gloucestershire College as a temporary worker during my summer breaks from University. My job involved talking to both current and potential students face to face about various courses on offer. I was responsible for enroling students on to new courses and taking payment via both cash and card. I was always made to feel very welcome at the college upon my return and it was a very friendly working environment.
Pros
Friendly working environment.
Cons
The pay wasn't very good however I can only comment on my position which was a temporary role.
Level 1 in English and Maths
FURTHER EDUATION (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, ENG20 September 2013
I really enjoyed the course and as i have been living in Turkey for 8 years i have learnt lot.