Global Radio

Global Radio Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews
Could be a great place to work but are ageist. Management flak and competitive, lacking integrity. HR is bigoted, and not equal opportunity employers.
Pros
Great salary at senior level. Well known organisation with many brands.
Cons
Ageist, Racist, bigoted, bad management, unprofessional HR
Great people to work with and it has a fairly flexible and relaxed atmosphere. However, as a designer there is no progression route and the pay is notoriously below par.
Had A Great Time At Global. Meet and learnt a lot in the years I was there. I worked hard to make it high on where I was. I lasted a good 14 odd years.
Worked in both the reading and the london offices. Culture is great and the delivery method is solid. Fully adopted the agile methodology and latest tech
I had great career progression initially. Currently there are a lot of changes underway so we aren't entirely sure how this will look. The products are exciting to sell and always innovative.
Europe's largest radio company, Global is home to the UK’s biggest and best-loved radio stations
On-air, on Global Player and outdoor – through these platforms combined, we entertain and reach 51 million individuals across the UK every week.

Home to the UK’s best-loved radio stations including Heart, Capital, LBC, Capital XTRA, Classic FM, Smooth, Radio X and Gold
Fun and challenging working environment where no two days are the same.

New business is a large part of this sales/ account manager role. You will be a marketing consultant, not a sales rep.
Capital was a fun place to work. You worked hard and were rewarded well for your hard work.
Lots of benefits and valued.

Every year you are taken away for the Global awards were you rub shoulders with famous people and it was all paid for by the company
Global is a fab place to work, every day is different and there is always something fun going on.

Working in the admin side of it, you get to work with a variety of people. Globalers are all really hard working and passionate people.
Pros
Technology, Freebies, Fun atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes you have to put in the extra hours to keep up standards but it is always appreciated.
I was very fortunate to become one of the youngest Breakfast Show Producers at Global and was rewarded great opportunities to work with some of the UK's top talent in presenting and producers. I mainly learnt how to apply creativity to commercial decisions, how to engage audiences and stay meticulously organised.
Pros
Working with top talent.
Global are a fantastic company who thrive on getting the best out of their staff. the management and hierarchy are 1st class and everybody in the company feels valued.
Pros
management, locality.
Cons
pay.
A typical day at work would be phoning new customers to sell them a portfolio of items to suit there individual needs, covering the South West and South Hams. I also was at this time doing a ongoing course at Global Radio to get to the next level. They had there own work structure. The most enjoyable part was being your own manager.
Pros
Sales, Telesales, Meeting Customers, Needs find, Selling a Diverse range of proudcts
Cons
long hours especially when doing the course
Great company to work for with their employee engagement and culture at the forefront of everything they do.

They are always investing in their employees future and wouldn't miss an opportunity to go back to Global.
Pros
Mac Book
Cons
Can't think of any
The job allows me to pick my shifts. Currently a full time student so suits me perfectly. Shifts are always long enough to be worthwhile. Management are brilliant
Pros
No day is the same
Cons
Long hours standing
Global is amazing. The Leadership is second to none and they lead by example. I often wish I had never moved on to other opportunities. You learn a lot from everyone.
Be prepared to be expected to work out of hours.

Technology and products great but if you struggle they don't help they put more pressure on.

Salary comes in about £23k

High turnover in staff across the region and as a private employer get away with lots.

If you know someone that has worked there ask how many have left in the last 18 months.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Management is poor and expect miracles without proper support
Global Radio is a great place to work, it is full of great people and has a great management team who have been with the business for a long time. Great location too.
Great company to work for, workplace environment is very enjoyable to be apart of. The company is proactive in growing and a champion of making change properly and effectively
Be prepared to be micro managed and work 24/7. Company is great for technology but expects you to work into the night...

Micro managed from the start

Salary is average ranging from 20k to 25k.

High turnover in staff
Pros
Cons
Micro managed, expect too much from you, managers are not great
Fun environment.

Poorly organised

Zero hour contract, barely got any shifts. Always swapped and changed wihthout consultation.
Cons
Zero hour contract.
No two days at work are the same. I worked as part of a big team at some of the UK's largest events! You gain an amazing knowledge of the music industry whilst working at Global.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Radio. Our community is ready to answer.