Glenavon Care Employee Reviews

Just like any other care company unfortunately
Carer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex3 May 2018
No travel time between clients who may be 10 minutes or more away from last client. The clients don’t get their 30 minutes at all.
No sympathy around personal life commitments.
Client times not necessarily kept to.
CEO has no idea what’s going on.
Pros
Pleasant clients
Cons
Sometimes long travel times between clients, . Zero hours until you maybe get a contract after 3 months, but wo betide you if you don’t keep to your “regular” hours. Inflexible around personal commitments.
Fantastic company
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex27 September 2017
Office staff are very effective and helpful with any issues, clients are lovely and I enjoy working for Glenavon Care.
Salary is good,
I recommend this company to anyone who is interested in care work.
A company that cares
Care Assistant and part time office (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex9 August 2017
I have worked with this company pperiodically since it first began in 2015. I have watched the company grow and become more and more successful. They have always been a great company to work for and the office staff and CEO actually care about their staff.
I always feel welcomed when i arrive and their care training is excellent.
Pay is good and the job is enjoyable.
The company cares about their staff and about their clients.
I highly recommend this company to anyone who is serious about care work.
Pros
friendly colleagues and good hours
Awful place. Stay away
Carer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex3 August 2017
Rude office staff and short call times. No travel time so you are always cutting corners trying to make up time.

Fancy website but don't let this fool you. Lovely clients but a horrible company to work for. Was so glad to have left.

Don't waste your time here.
Pros
Nice clients
Official response from Glenavon Care
7 August 2017

Dear Former Care Worker - So sorry we did not meet your expectations as a company.
We would be interested to know what your main criticisms of us are?

We pay well
We offer local work
Our shortest call times are 30 minutes
We don't do less that 30 minute call times ever

Please share your complaints with us so we can assess the validity of your Comments.

Great company
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex12 June 2017
I've been with glenavon care for nearly 2 years now I started as part time then moved to full time. I work 40-50 hours a week and it's all around my daughter, the registered manager is very helpful and understanding if anything happens with my daughter and I need time off. Glenavon care has great opportunities if you want to move up through the company. I started off as a Carer moved up to senior care supervisor and now just been promoted to care coordinator.
If your looking for a career in care then glenavon is the place! The company is growing day by day.
Very friendly and helpful management who go above and beyond to help you.
Pros
its like a extended family. Always there to help you
Cons
No cons
Better than Some Other Companies Out there
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex1 June 2017
As far as care companies go Glenavon is better to work for than most. No you don't get mileage paid but the hourly rate is the highest out there. I claim my mileage directly from the the Inland Revenue so don't lose out. I've worked for other companies and the pressures faced by the office staff with regards to Rotas etc. is the same for all care companies. The office staff at Glenavon are no different and are generally courteous and have been flexible to my requirements. Although some office staff are better than others! Yes I've been asked to do extra hours and have had some long days but it's my choice if I want to do the extra hours or not. My wages are always paid on time so I can't grumble about that. I've worked for Glenavon for about a year now and so far it's been okay. It's hard work but caring is!
Pros
Hard Work, some long days
Cons
Lovely clients, good hourly rate
Hard work but rewarding and well paid
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex14 May 2017
I have worked for Glenavon Care for 3 years and have seen the company grow and develop into one of the largest independent homecare providers in Essex. The office staff have always been approachable and if there has been any issues the registered manager and owners door has always been open.
The pay is excellent £9.50 per hour and they offer guaranteed hours of work not a zero hours contract.
I have now left glenavon as I am having a baby but fully intend to return.
To summarise if you are prepared to work hard the hours are there for you and you are well paid. If you ateynot prepared to work hard and want an easy no pressure lowly paid job then glenavon may not be for you.
Pros
Excellent pay and guaranteed hours
Cons
Hard work
Awful, but learn for yourselves on this Royal staff treatment!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex5 March 2017
Fantastic company... A company not like others
Get ready staff, if you are sick find your own cover!

Owner oblivious to rude, abusive texts/ instant messages sent to Care Givers

Constant ask of working weekend's very short notice... bleep bleep bleep wait for that phone to keep going!

Ring Office, you may speak to one of ten Barbie dolls but no one actually tells you who you are speaking too. But they all do the same Job...yet still find it hard to be organised!

Do not book any appointments yourself until late Friday when served your Rota for the next morning onwards!

Complaints from the Clients , no time allocated for traveling. You are either late/ using own time not good when traveling from SWF to Maldon & onto Great Baddow. No petrol paid! Oh wait half way through a shift...another client has been added - no details on this client.. may well be an elephant or a tiger but you will soon find out!

Other option is you cut time with Clients- why should they get half a service they fully pay for?

Bonus.. You will never fail to meet such wonderful clients & you wait in all day for your Pay that is transferred Manually :)
Pros
Your Clients
Cons
long hours...
Overworking the carers
Domiciliary Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford2 December 2016
There is a culture of wanting carers to work for very long days. Their advert says they are flexible about what hours you work but this isn't true. Constant calls on your days off to work extra and no thanks for doing it. The hourly rate is very good, but there is no extra for weekends or bank holidays. They do not give you ANY travel time so you are constantly late for calls and trying to make up time. There are better domiciliary care companies out there to work for.
Pros
high hour rate
Cons
No extra pay on weekends or bank holidays. No travel time allowed between calls
Very good company to work for
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford30 September 2016
The office staff are very friendly and efficient. Last month I was given a bonus for all my hard work and overtime. The registered manager is always on call and if there is a problem she always is supportive to the carers who work for her.
Pros
Travel time between calls is minimal so lowering petrol costs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glenavon Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Glenavon Care Reviews by Location