GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Excellent organisation
Secretary within a Pharmaceutical organization (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside20 March 2017
Working within a large multi cultural worldwide organisation. Excellent employment prospects and good working teams who link into bigger network within the organisation.
Pros
Excellent work-life balance, job prospects and excellent social events
A great place to work!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle15 March 2017
This was a great place to work with pleasant staff & good teamwork. Flexible working was available meaning that work/life balance was always good. There was generally good opportunity for advancement too.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement.
Productive and Fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Executive - O2C - Greece (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport27 February 2017
A typical day at Glaxo involves starting at 7:30am and finishing at 3:30pm, logging on to the system, carrying out daily duties such as order release, chasing bounced cheques, speaking with mass market customers in regards to retro credits, resolving issues that arise within a 48 hour window, liaising with the Market abroad to ensure that the customers receive the best and most respectful service etc.
At Glaxo I learned how accounts work in other countries and how one must adapt to provide the best service possible in regards to the different laws and regulations. I have also learned how to communicated effectively with a team of 200.
I have also learned on how to manage the workload which can become overwhelming, this is all about organisation and learning to prioritise etc.
Working for such a global company meant that turnover of staff was very high and this includes management. However management that had remained really cared about their staff and ensured we were all listened to and looked after.
The workplace culture is very good. Glaxo as a company always looks after its staff. Simple things like tea and coffee are provided, working from home, flexible hours, always an activity or something fun you can be apart of. We would have parties in the parking area in the summer with ice cream vans, fun games, music, BBQ, all year round we have the games area where we can unwind etc.
We have great bonus structures which helps with motivation, as well as private healthcare, discounts in many shops etc. They offer a fantastic package.
The most enjoyable part of this job is
  more... having such a great team to work for and understanding people around. In addition, getting to know people from different cultural backgrounds has been fantastic. I have learned to say Good morning in at least 6 languages so far.  less
Good Place to Work
PA Commercial Oncology Business Director & Team (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London24 February 2017
Pay and benefits were excellent. Workplace is superb. I had 3 managers whilst I was there. 2 were encouraging, approachable and supportive. One was a little detached and not so approachable and very demanding. Culture is very young and trendy! Lots of 'buzz' words, we all got fed up with 'win win win'!! They spoke of work life balance, but most people worked long hours. They also spoke of transparency, but as with any company only the top tier of management know what is happening until they feel you need to know.

I was made redundant and sad to go.
Pros
Benefits and workplace are very good.
Cons
Long hours and too trendy!
Really positive for developement
Vaccines Specialist Representative (Current Employee) –  Field Based22 February 2017
Busy environment.
Learnt a huge amount about the pharmaceutical world and the NHS
Good team working
hardest part would be linked to the ever changing world of Pharma and NHS - you never seem to be able to focus on anything to see it through to review before you have to change
Most enjoyable - working with customers to create win win win scenarios
Pros
Being field based
Cons
Security of role
Productive and Inspiring
CASE Studentship PhD Student (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire20 February 2017
Excellent worksite with amazing equipment and facilities. All staff were professional yet personable and excellent scientists. Great sense of cameraderie. Provides very good work life balance.
Pros
Excellent culture and people, very good work-life balance
Great work/life balance
Commodity Buyer (Current Employee) –  London, UK6 February 2017
Great people
Great management
Great company to work for
There are lots of opportunities to progress
Excellent Training quality
Great work/life balance
Excellent Company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London31 January 2017
A lot of time and opportunities are dedicated to development. Flexible working conditions in state of the art environment.
Work life balance is very important.
Fantastic place to work and learn
Clinical Research Associate (CRA) (Current Employee) –  Salford, UK29 January 2017
I have had a fantastic time and experience working within a close team, where I have felt fully supported. I have had the opportunity to learn a great deal and the level of training provided has allowed me to develop extremely quickly as a CRA.
Pros
Close supportive team
Cons
Work load at times
GSK Worthing
Validation Technical Support Scientist (Former Employee) –  Worthing, UK25 January 2017
The Site was a legacy Site that had suffered from lack of investment in the past. The culture that was ingrained in staff was that they had to get the product out of the door come what may. There was definitely a lack of interest in compliance with the requirements especially around the correct way to Validate and decommission equipment. The continued to utilise a very old equipment inventory numbers and did not use the newer SAP Equipment Identification Numbers.
It was a rare occurrence for someone to pass you in a corridor and greet you.
Pros
Cons
Slightly bullying culture
GSK was a wonderful place to be in
Project Search Student (Former Employee) –  Brentford20 January 2017
it was a pleasure doing the internship at Glaxo Smith Kline,

i have learned various of IT skills E,g putting a laptop together

the work place was very professional and had a specific way of dressing

the hardest part of the job was moving people to their current apartments

i enjoyed all my roles at gsk
Cons
the hours were reasonable
day to day
Key Account Manager Commercial (Former Employee) –  Scotland northern ireland19 January 2017
Feel that they have lost focus of whats important, to much time ticking boxes, instead for being in front of customers making a difference .
Productive & professional
Project Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex19 January 2017
Great company to work for. Excellently run. Unfortunately no chance of a contract extension. I cannot fault the way the company is run, or the management style.
Pros
Flexible start time
Cons
Working from a freezing portakabin
Collaborative work place
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire16 January 2017
Collaborative workplace with autonomy to manage own workload day to day and good work life balance. Friendly professional working environment with receptiveness to discuss and run with new ideas and approaches.
Decent place to work
Genetic engineer (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex15 January 2017
I'm only on a maternity cover here, but it's been a decent place to work. Good culture, good work life balance. I'd happily stay on if I had the opportunity.
Very nice company
Recruitment/Training Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London6 January 2017
Very nice company to work for, really enjoyed every moment of my work there. Haven't learned a lot at the time, company was going through collective redundancy and were outsourcing the department hence the work was not easy.
Field Services Administrator
Field Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London4 January 2017
The Field Service team supported all the Field Reps who promoted GSK products in doctors surgeries and hospitals.

The team assisted each other well and it made a great atmosphere.

The hard part of the job was making sure that the rep's got the goods requested delivered on time so they had it for visiting GP's and Hospitals.
Pros
Brilliant Team work
Cons
Had to rely on outside services to deliver product
productive
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Coleford, Gloucestershire4 January 2017
Learned alot about how to work in a lab enviroment and communicate with others. It payed well and left with alot more skills under my belt. The department made me feel welcome.
Ideal work place
Clinical safety scientist (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London31 December 2016
GSK is the best companies I worked so far. The company offers very flexible work timings, there is no micro-management on the tasks we were given. Over all there is a trust between employees and management.
Pros
Flexible working hours, work life balance, good team
Good
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex15 December 2016
Enjoyed this job but it was only temporary. overall it is a good place to work and very interesting. Would go back if i could.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2