GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Fascinating yet frustrating
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 July 2017
A lot of noise is made about the company's values, yet the reality is people are just a commodity to use or dispense with.

One can learn much there though and there are some fine people trying to do their best.
Management team
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  West Sussex22 July 2017
Management teams are very unapproachable and unfriendly.
Sense of belonging whilst working their was non existent.
Very big sense of hierarchy from management who constantly look down on you.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours and managemtb
Forward thinking with great people
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex19 July 2017
Worked for GSK for over 21 years in total. They look after their people very well and have a great structure for personal development. Take pride in their community investment both in the UK and overseas supporting employees who want to help others and actively encouraging participation with their Orange Day initiative.
Highly regulated which can be frustrating at times however very satisfying knowing that whatever you are doing is adding value to ensure safe medicines are prescribed to patients.
Excellent company to work for!
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Weybridge17 July 2017
I've been at GSK for a year and a half as a long-term contract role and can't fault them in any way. Excellent work ethic, good benefits (for perm members) and a great on-site atmosphere.
Good company
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Ulverston, Cumbria13 July 2017
Served apprenticeship here doing instrumentation. Mistakes made up line led me to losing job. Good wage and scope to move through company. Apprenticeship enjoyable
GSK was a lovely place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2017
I worked at GSK for approx. Politics always change in a large organisation like this, but I always enjoyed working here. We were very lucky to have our own small scale supermarket, cashpoints, a restaurant, a coffee bar and a gym to name a few. A great place to work and I am proud to have been a part of the organisation for so long.
Mixed feeling good colleagues
Pharmaceutical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex11 July 2017
The people I worked were great. Sometimes the deadlines were unrealistic but I always hit my goals.
Day started with opening emails to check updates from around the world, the to morning meeting. Then routine chores.
Did my college course so learnt a lot about pharmaceutical industry.
Management were very mixed some very good some no really around when needed.
Workplace culture change from being very friendly and happy during SB reign to the merger with GSK it changed and not for the better lost its personal touch.
Hardest part of the job was being held up waiting for colleagues abroad due to time zones.
Knowing what I did made a difference to somebodys life.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Merger
Great place to work and learn
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex6 July 2017
Full of opportunity for those who are willing to push themselves to learn and do more. Very diverse experience in the engineering department covering everything from production support to building services
Associate Study Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London4 July 2017
Really enjoyable place to work good culture and values, not much scope for progression as placement student and salary very much 'competitive' but could get more elsewhere
Good
Quality Assurance Scientist (Senior Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Worthing4 July 2017
Good Company, friendly environment, less work stress
I like your company because they provide training for the employee every year.
This is one of the best company in the corporate world. There is a good environment. Company taking care of employees they provide best security and also they provide more opportunity to learn and develop our skills & experience. Very good scope is there in future.
Good company to work for
Design Production Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenford, Greater London, Beckenham Kent3 July 2017
Good company to work for and survived 1 takeover and a merger for nearly 20 years before being made redundant in 2006.

Fairly good career advancement and was proud to have been part of the organisation especially in its early days at Wellcome R&D,

Good team of people
Pros
Share save, pension, profit share
Cons
Issues with some management style at Glaxo Wellcome
only weeks work experience
laboratory staff (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Herts, UK22 June 2017
the week i spent a GlaxoSmithKline was very enjoyable shadowing different experiments and learning many new things and getting to interact with all the lastest technology they had.
Non Demanding `computer Work
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire, UK22 June 2017
This was the ideal job, as you got to work from home but still be able to communicate with the team. the pay was very good for my age. however the change in staff and management meant my job was constantly under review and tactics were used to make sure people worked harder even though the progress we made was a lot better than it had ever been. too much demand and not enough respect from new management.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Management Issues
Une très bonne enterprise qui s'interesse au bien être de ses employés
Procurement Risk & Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK20 June 2017
Une entreprise qui donne beaucoup de possibilités pour les employés et qui respecte leur vie personelle.
Busy well regulated environment
Work Placed Trainer & Inbound/Sampling Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire15 June 2017
Learnt plenty of new skills, involved in all aspects of Warehousing, Health and Safety, Quality control and auditing.
Appreciated the prioritising of Quality over Quantity within the site
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Constant restructuring and work pattern changes
Interesting position in the pharmaceutical industry
Export Executive (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London13 June 2017
The role was extremely focused on the logistics side of the charitable programmes from GSK. I have learned a lot on how to trade with third world companies and found great rewards in supplying medicines from laboratories to people in need.
Dental Territory Representative
Dental Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  South Wales12 June 2017
Great role selling to Dental Professionals. Good career prospects and well paid salary package. GSK culture was to promote from within and an ethical sales approach. Well respected by customers and competitors alike.
Pros
Ethical sales based role
Cons
Minor
Tablet manufacturing / SOP author (complementary) (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire11 June 2017
For someone with a professional work ethic and a desire to progress as an individual, Glaxo is a very good place to work. I would recommend this company as a place to work.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Shift work
Exciting but stable working environment
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire4 June 2017
A typical day within the laboratory would be in a routine testing lane, performing one of the many quality assurance tests. This may consist of using automated equipment or more manual based test methods. From working in quality assurance I have a very keen eye for detail and following protocols and procedures has become second nature to me. The workplace environment is extremely positive and development is widely encouraged within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is learning new methods and procedures within the lab and also helping out with investigation work where needed. The job can be challenging when business demands are high, for example a high workload in the lab at the same time as equipment issues could mean working in a high pressure environment for a few weeks which is sometimes hard to deal with after a prolonged period of time.
Pros
Huge sense of 'one team'
Cons
Occasionally working under pressure for prolonged periods of time
Busy environment, varied workload
HR Data Management Analyst (temp assignment) (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, London, United kingdom31 May 2017
A good multi-national employer with many benefits and perks. I was only working in a temporary capacity, so this was limited. Good management, but as would be expected with such a large company there are areas that are somewhat disjointed. Good content but using the systems sometimes resulted repetitive tasks.
Pros
Great offices and flexible working hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2