GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Found 322 reviews matching the search See all 3,136 reviews
Good pay for part time
Office movement (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2017
The pay was good and included travel time in the pay and training was very clear effective. The hours were long but the breaks given to you were also long.
Pros
Good pay
Techincal but enjoyable role
Production Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine29 September 2017
A typical day at work is working with the M-ERP system running transactional reports and processes. I learned about production scheduling. The hardest part of my job with getting to know the technicalities of the system and the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Regulated and process driven environment
Supply Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London29 September 2017
A typical day at work involves meetings with colleagues and stakeholders, reviewing progress against project plans, analysis in excel and creating presentations in powerpoint. I learned a lot about business process, SAP systems, stakeholder management and E2E supply chain. GSK offers flexible working hours which provides a great work/life balance. The hardest part of my job was dealing with very technical systems errors and the most enjoyable part of my job was successfully presenting to senior management and personal development courses.
Pros
Cheap gym
Cons
Regulated processes limiting creativity and entrepreneurship
Good workplace but not prepared
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Ulverston, Cumbria26 September 2017
The company got the days we were doing the work experience mixed up and thought we were coming a week later so they had nothing for us to do except follow the mechanical engineers and help them where they needed it, this included fixing machines, cleaning machines, filing, sawing and other handiwork. The work environment was very friendly and welcoming all the people were kind.
Pros
Cheap meals.
Cons
Not much to do.
Fantastic company to work for
PA/Office Manager for CTS (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London25 September 2017
Competitive salaries, great perks and ability to progress upward or across the company. The management team was very approachable and the office environment was fun busy and fast paced.
Pros
Competitive salary and perks
work experience placement
manufacturing
plants
Good company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  UK18 September 2017
Company is fair and treats employees well

Company has a very inclusive culture and decisions tend to be made by committee

Facilities and employee support is excellent
Productive work environment
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  West Drayton7 September 2017
I was able to witness the importance of the pharmaceutical industry during my work experience. I received many presentations on the different aspects of GSK e.g. packaging, animal testing, drug trials and other competing companies. The workers were very focused and clearly passionate and committed to everything GSK has to offer
Pros
Free Lunches
See cv
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London4 September 2017
Meeting key deadlines everyday
Talking and liasing with teams,depts,managers,supervisors regarding ap matters
Chasing up on approvals
Payment supplier and employee runs
Productive anf fun workplace
Summer Placement (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham29 August 2017
Ina typical day I would attend at least one meeting with the business change workstream on the morning, where we would review actions for the day/week and trackers. Then each day I would follow my diary and attend any arranged meetings or complete any set scheduled work.
During my time at GSK I was responsible for the following-
• Tracking different aspects of every workstream on the project, such as keeping records of weekly meetings and changes to standard operating procedures (SOPSs)
• Setting up and running the project stall at a celebration day
• Collaborating and condensing the resulting data from a site-wide survey, to then simplify it and create a presentation
• Update weekly trackers and action boards
• Produce Spreadsheet templates to be populated with different data, for the business change workstream, for the rest of the project
Pros
early finish fridays
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire17 August 2017
Very long and unsociable hours. 12 hour rotating days and nights when I was there. Good bunch of people. Management ok. No better or worse than anywhere else.
Pros
Time off
Dynamic, caring
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pharma14 August 2017
GSK was a very dynamic place to work. I enjoyed being part of a company that does a lot of good in the community.

The staff are very friendly and I have remained in contact with quite a few of them since I have left.
Pros
Good to staff
Terrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire11 August 2017
Terrible company. The Management need to stop preaching the company values and try acting on them. Actions speak louder than words. To many managers who are clueless. This then puts a huge workload on the workers. Management are rude and don't listen. To much interest in meetings and charts. They need to get out more and understand the process and what people are doing to keep them in the positions they sit in.
Pros
Great pay benefits shifts etc.
Cons
Heartless management
Outstanding blue chip employer
Continuous Improvement Lead, UK CH Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London9 August 2017
One of the best in the UK. People and culture focused, an outstanding employer with an enormous breadth of opportunities within the worlds of pharmaceuticals and consumer healthcare.
Pros
People development, culture, opportunities
Cons
regular restructuring
Friendly place to work
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex4 August 2017
a nice open office environment, friendly staff. everyone I have met works with the patients in mind and works with a right first time attitude. a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly attitudes
Cons
job progression
Very positive company to work with.
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Ulverston, Cumbria3 August 2017
I was employed on a Project at GSK, Ulverston for nearly 6 months. The Project was very challenging with regards cost and delivery timescale.

GSK people are very professional and the work environment was pleasant.

Typical day at work was always challenging and busy, there was no clock watching and always some work to be done. This is the sign of a good project.
Pros
People and environment.
Cons
Plant was remote.
Great
Clinical safety scientist (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London31 July 2017
Good training , good work culture, helpful colleagues and management, good career progression. great flexibility to work from home, good work life balance.
Fascinating yet frustrating
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 July 2017
A lot of noise is made about the company's values, yet the reality is people are just a commodity to use or dispense with.

One can learn much there though and there are some fine people trying to do their best.
Management team
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  West Sussex22 July 2017
Management teams are very unapproachable and unfriendly.
Sense of belonging whilst working their was non existent.
Very big sense of hierarchy from management who constantly look down on you.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours and managemtb
Forward thinking with great people
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex19 July 2017
Worked for GSK for over 21 years in total. They look after their people very well and have a great structure for personal development. Take pride in their community investment both in the UK and overseas supporting employees who want to help others and actively encouraging participation with their Orange Day initiative.
Highly regulated which can be frustrating at times however very satisfying knowing that whatever you are doing is adding value to ensure safe medicines are prescribed to patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2