GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Experience at GSK
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 December 2017
At GSK, it was the best place to work in my opinion. I was with the Document Management team from just after the new year in 2016 until the end of September. I learned new skills such as working well under pressure and be more independent. The hardest part was when there was a lot of work to do in excel within a deadline and I managed it well.
falling apart
Clinical Development Scientist (Current Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London8 December 2017
ridiculous place.. right hand does not know the left hand... i am surprised the place is still standing,

The worst place I have ever worked, office politics is terrible. You would think a big pharma would be a great place but really I have never encountered anything like this.

There are people who are sitting with a mountain of work and the rest with nothing. Management do not interact, hence you are told within one week 10 different things, and they go against each other's decisions.

Targets and goals are unrealistic and sometime non existent.
Pros
nothing
Cons
There are so many things, office politics, how they treat contractors, no continuity, no communications or feed back, management changes their mind continuously, no plans or structure
Slow rigid old
Clinical Data Scientist - Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  London1 December 2017
Not my best employer, but until something else is good enough. poor facilities, not very spacious and clean. Decisions and responsibilities are coming slow
Pros
Locations
Cons
Rigid slow
a good place to work
Facilities & Soft Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex29 November 2017
A demanding but fulfilling role, go home proud every day knowing that you are helping to make someone else life better.

A good place to work in a pharm industry.
great place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
very good place to work
lots of opportunities
lots of support and training
innovative and has a good salary and share reward, health insurance package
Difficult to rate - lots of variation between groups
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex19 November 2017
I've been on the site since 1990 but am focusing on the last few years here. It's been a tough period with a lot to fix and this has made for a poor work life balance (to put it mildly). A great culture and attitude in the Primary (API) operation here - pity it's closing.
Pros
The people
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Respectful enviroment
Admin (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 November 2017
I was learning on the job and so everyday was different, i thoroughly enjoyed the constant change. the workplace was very relaxing, clean and made one feel very welcome evytime we entre and exit the building by other staff.
All sheep
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Montrose, Angus15 November 2017
If you want to be a sheep ie do as your told or else..your face doesn't fit your out..if you think for yourself or have an opinion your out..shift leaders are pathetic can't do any of the jobs that them under them can do they just wing it..it is good when top managers visit and all on site management hang on every word he says it's like watching seals at the zoo..clap clap clap..cant wait to find a proper job..people too scared to make a mistake ..some shift leaders are bullies a very bully cultured environment..until you meet them outside work then they brick it..
Don't be a sheep..be a shepherd.
Don't work for this profit only company they don't give a toss about you..ill be out of here soon..then look forward to bumping into a few shift leaders..see how big they are one on one.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Management who have no clue..shift leaders
Dynamic, intellectual and fulfilling
Senior Regulatory Affairs Officer (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire15 November 2017
Fully loaded, lots to do
learned more about Drug Development
Did not have management opportunity
Excellent workplace culture
Needed to do lots of research
Fulfilling and rewarding when results are obtained
Pros
Dynamic and fulfilling role
Cons
expensive cafetaria
Supply Change Transformation
Senior Project Finance Analyst / Regional Lead (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London15 November 2017
Based in both Stockley Park and GSK House. I worked in a transformation team to replace existing Supply chain legacy stems to SAP ERP. Many opportunities for permanent staff to progress in region and overseas.
Pros
Opportunities to develop in other departments
Cons
Complexities of mangement structure

Want to know more about GlaxoSmithKline?

Ask a question
Great comoany to work for!
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK14 November 2017
GSK was a great school. I had the chance to work eith great people and the comoany has a nice vision and culture.
I only left because I had to move (for personal reasons) and they don't have an office/opportunity in the state I am now.
Pros
Great company, great structure, great benefits, great company culture
Cons
Working hours can be long from time to time depending on the project
Good place learn
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire8 November 2017
Day is busy
New techniques to learn everyday.
Management is good
Work culture balanced.
Long hours in lab, career progression is slow.
Good social events, team members are helpful.
Excellent experience
Quality Oversight Officer (Former Employee) –  Ware8 November 2017
I have developed my career in GSK , I have enjoyed all my roles.
Management is excellent , great work life balance.
I would highly recommend to work here and would like to go back.
Great place to work in
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  London, UK7 November 2017
Permanent staff had great benefits such as gym membership, flexi hours, medical insurance etc. I was only contracting since very hard to get a permanent job within the company.
Nice place to work, but overall frustrating
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 October 2017
It’s not all bad, job security is good, you can work as hard as you like (or not at all), and the pay is ok if you get bonuses and awards. If you’re looking to do great science in a dynamic fast moving industry environment, this is probably not the place for you. Many frustrating barriers to doing simple tasks. Career development - you’re on your own.
Pros
Nice people, interesting and varied work
Cons
Doing science sometimes seems like an afterthought, chaotic processes, little career development
A Large Company with Many Opportunities
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex6 October 2017
A company which I was always excited to work for. Certainly a great place to learn especially if you are starting off.
A lot flexibility for the staff which may not be available with smaller companies.
Pros
Large corporate company, opporutnity to learn lots of analytical techniques
Cons
Very competitive environment
Great place
IT Business Partner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 October 2017
Great place to work, good work life balance, friendly people, great environment.

Global working, lots of areas for opportunity given the broad portfolio
Excellent place to work
Recruitment Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Brentford5 October 2017
One of the most pleasant companies that I have worked for. The Head Office rewarded to staff for their hard work and the team worked well together. Only left to find a permanent role closer to home.
Excellent business
Communications Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2017
GSK is an excellent business with a great culture and good values. I would recommend it as a good place to work, though it can be overly consultative.
Pros
Cons
Not progressive
A great company to work for
Business Intelligence Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 October 2017
Being 10 years in GSK, I can certainly say that overall I am happy. Good company culture focusing on people and fun place to work with people being friendly.
Pros
Great place, friendly atmosphere, good culture
Cons
Siloed, average pay, focus on cost management, managers not inspiring and often mediocre

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2