GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Found 353 reviews matching the search See all 3,445 reviews
good
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire3 April 2018
on thr refurbishment, the work was generally well organised. the odd times we waited for materials. some of the management team could have/needed man management lessons
Pros
free car park
Cons
expensive temporary accomodation locally/nearby
Mixed feeling good colleagues
Pharmaceutical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex11 July 2017
The people I worked were great. Sometimes the deadlines were unrealistic but I always hit my goals.
Day started with opening emails to check updates from around the world, the to morning meeting. Then routine chores.
Did my college course so learnt a lot about pharmaceutical industry.
Management were very mixed some very good some no really around when needed.
Workplace culture change from being very friendly and happy during SB reign to the merger with GSK it changed and not for the better lost its personal touch.
Hardest part of the job was being held up waiting for colleagues abroad due to time zones.
Knowing what I did made a difference to somebodys life.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Merger
Environnement agréable
Gestion d'un portefeuille clients (Former Employee) –  Londres5 September 2018
Bon management bonne équipe et Bon apprentissage des outils de travail
Pros
Repas
Cons
Localisation du site
Flexible working
Project Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stockley, UK15 July 2018
I was doing this computer analyst job for 21 years and it had flexible working so that I could work from home or in the office.

In the earlier days, I did get to travel abroad to Philadelphia and North Carolina.
productive and engaging
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead28 June 2018
Continuous learning and opportunities for growth were excellent. A lot of reviewing documentation, drafting processes and procedures, auditing activities were main day to day work. Hardest part was reviewing artwork for european languages.
World Class Training & Manufacturing - Irvine Ayrshire
manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Irvine, Scotland26 November 2014
I worked for 15 years at GSK in various roles. The training I received was world class and has helped me grow my career. The ethos of a good work life balance was demonstrated every day by senior managers. We went from a long hours culture to a culture of planned and balanced work. Most managers that I worked with were exceptionally good and have very strong people skills. Most of my peers were also very skilled and committed to their jobs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the teams I was able to work with and the great things we achieved as a result. The hardest part was the tough goals and targets we had each year. GSK was very focussed on delivery of results but gave the resources and support needed.

They allowed me to work around the needs of my family and still have a demanding and satisfying job.
Appalling managers at GSK Barnard Castle QC Laboratory
RMQC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle12 February 2016
GSK Barnard Castle QC Laboratory management is a joke, they are only there due to time served the better candidates having moved on before any promotions were available, 85% don't have a clue as to what their supossed charges do. Don't believe me? just ask anyone who works there.
As a contract analyst they used to play you off against other contractors around the time of contract extension time while letting say 10 people know that only 8 would be retained, the winners weren't always the most competant either.

How do I know this well I car pooled with a manager and he was very forcoming about how they operated.
Pros
Excellent salary and decent colleagues, not unpleasant environment.
Cons
Managment - simply dreadful, not all but too many are.
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Ware9 July 2018
It was incredible to work at GSK during the summer, everyone was very friendly and there were lots of activities to do. I worked there for a week, in which I learnt a lot about drug discovery and manufacture.
Internal Recruitment Strategist - Pharmaceutical (Former Employee) –  London4 April 2016
I really enjoyed working at GSK in an internal role.
There's always so much to do to challenge one - self , being able to deal directly with stakeholders in many departments; work on multi projects , talent pipeline , internal talent management, career coaching , I also really value the company culture and EVP ;
Hardest thing was leaving GSK to join Esade as they promised a role in Melbourne which GSK could not commit to at the time - they have an onsite RPO and I know the manager very well as we have worked together.
Pros
flexible working, great site, smart design, worked with some fantastic people, got to work in a leadership capacity
Cons
no role in Melbourne for me
Rewarding and fun environment to work in
Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London15 May 2017
A rewarding workplace culture.
Very much a team environment with inclusion of staff from back office support to the most senior of personnel.
One negative aspect personally was the frustrations around scope of progression within the company and openings to Assistant and Executive Assistants were limited.
Pros
Fun and rewarding working environment
Cons
Limited career progression for PA and EA's
Fun workplace - opportunities to learn
Management Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 March 2018
great company and worklife balance good management , nice enciroment , stict deadlines and profeesionalism is required .
Symbols Manager
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based4 July 2018
Good Company
learnt about the GSK products,
Workplace was good with good people
hardest part of the job was the rules & legislation around OTC products
Pros
Good company
Cons
amount of Red tape
Great
Clinical safety scientist (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London31 July 2017
Good training , good work culture, helpful colleagues and management, good career progression. great flexibility to work from home, good work life balance.
Challenging but fun workplace
Packaging and Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawley, ENG17 December 2013
Worked in many areas for this company, from manufacturing prescription creams, washing and sterilising ancillary equipment to packaging the products for many different markets around the world.
What I learnt is that customer always come first, right first time to not delay batches. I cannot list everything about this job and its roles as there was hundreds of Standard Operating Procedures that I adhered to. The whole ethos of the personnel was to be the best you can.
Management although busy were approachable and concerned about anything you may raise to them.
Co workers were friendly, approachable, knowledgeable and willing to help when issues were found.
Hardest part of the job was constant changing of area designated gowns which could be many times a day.
Most enjoyable part was knowing your activity was helping a poor or sick patient get the medicine they need to help them through their day.
Pros
Bonuses, private medical, holiday entitlement
Cons
early starts and late finshes
Terrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire11 August 2017
Terrible company. The Management need to stop preaching the company values and try acting on them. Actions speak louder than words. To many managers who are clueless. This then puts a huge workload on the workers. Management are rude and don't listen. To much interest in meetings and charts. They need to get out more and understand the process and what people are doing to keep them in the positions they sit in.
Pros
Great pay benefits shifts etc.
Cons
Heartless management
Great place to gain experiance
Continuous Tableting Line Platform Lead (Current Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire28 January 2018
GSK GMs Ware offers of great opportunity to gain experience however, opportunities for advancement can be limited depending on the route to wish your career to take.
Pros
Opertunities to gain experince
Cons
Based in expensive area of the UK
Collaborative work style
Programme manager- System and Process Integration (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 January 2018
Generally well structured work plans and No blame culture.
Less politics than other companies.
In some areas the voices and views of lower to mid level employees not listened to.
Pros
Staf discounted GSK products in Londis shop
Cons
Communication at times lacking and unclear re company announcements and long term plans
A great company to work for
Business Intelligence Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 October 2017
Being 10 years in GSK, I can certainly say that overall I am happy. Good company culture focusing on people and fun place to work with people being friendly.
Pros
Great place, friendly atmosphere, good culture
Cons
Siloed, average pay, focus on cost management, managers not inspiring and often mediocre
Very motivating place to work with incredible support and guidance
Industrial Placement Student (Current Employee) –  Brentford5 May 2018
As an industrial placement student my team really helped to develop me as a professional and an individual. I feel I have been equipped with the skills to succeed in my future.
Work Experience
Shadowing Senior Analyst from the BioCTL team (Former Employee) –  Stevenage4 May 2018
I had the best time shadowing the senior analyst and learned a a lot of new things in the 1 week. It showed me the side of the pharmaceutical industry where everyday is a different day and there are set targets that every individual gets to achieve in a period of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2