GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Found 357 reviews matching the search See all 3,499 reviews
Excellent place to work and improve
Pricing Service Delivery Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 November 2018
Plenty of space to improve your capabilities. Multicultural environment. Working with professional individuals and multiple Teams. Solid end to end processes help to deal with day to day challenges.
Excellent company
Construction Manger/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ware1 November 2018
Excellent in management and training; looking after there staff
Learn many new skills and procedures
No blame work culture
All of the job was enjoyable
Pros
freedom to get on with the job
Cons
No cons
Productive and fun workplace. Work hard play hard.
VP of the R2R Transformation (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London29 October 2018
Go through manager's diary
flag up any issues.
set up complex meetings with manager, heads of department
raise purchase orders
update databases
compile powerpoint presentations
Booking Europe and International travel always looking for the best deals.
Booking hotels as approved by the company.
Pros
flexible working, working from home
Cons
hot desks
Good company
Director, IT Services (Former Employee) –  London29 October 2018
Lots of support and resources to achieve results. Very good company to work for and lots of opportunities for progression and career development. Would reccomend
Good Culture,Brilliant people to work with
Production Process Cell Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Slough22 October 2018
One day would never be the same, there would always be a challenging moment.I made a serious effort to make my team the best they could be I treated them as individuals with there own personal qualities.I got rewarded with good results when things were really challenging they stepped up a gear when needed without to much prompting.The management team were difficult at times but also rewarding .The hardest part of my job was to see a group of dedicated hard working people all leave a organisation.The most enjoyable part is that we all supported each other when things got really tough there was definitely a family feel we built over the years
Pros
Solid organisation to work for good with benefits
Cons
Pay more attention to junior staff
A monster
Production Artwork / Repro Operator (Current Employee) –  Barnard Castle21 October 2018
The money and benefits are good. The people you will work alongside are great, but the organisation is a monster. It will eat you up and chew you up and then spit you out when done.
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ware19 October 2018
Fast paced workplace culture and enjoyable dynamic. Gain valuable skills and knowledge which will make you stand out to a potential employer. Possible to use skills across other departments.
Very stressful
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee) –  Worthing7 October 2018
Best part of job getting vials out to the patient, being fully trained and experienced in customer service understanding all aspects of GMP and being part of a team
Pros
Shift work, job satisfaction
Cons
Working with certain managers, people
Environnement agréable
Gestion d'un portefeuille clients (Former Employee) –  Londres5 September 2018
Bon management bonne équipe et Bon apprentissage des outils de travail
Pros
Repas
Cons
Localisation du site
enthusiastic but inefficient
Clinical Investigation Lead (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire23 August 2018
Pros: Lots of enthusiasm on the ground; flexible hours, acceptable work/life balance

Cons: Frequent re-structuring gets in the way of any significant project;
Lower level managers are afraid of making their own decisions - de-centralization is overdue
Digital innovation is overdue
Projects are managed in the old-style system
Pay levels are on the lower end
Job security is low
Well run company, with good benefits.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex22 August 2018
Productive work place. Well rewarded job. Very secure job. A job for ambitious people, looking for a long term job.
Making medicines to help people is a rewarding experience.
Pros
Good time off.
Cons
Fixed rota working, could be more flexible.
Very rewarding work
Chemical Process Technician - GMP Site (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham13 August 2018
I enjoyed my time at GSK and the work was flexible and manageable. My team was easy enough to get on with and hardworking. I cant speak for all management at this company but in the area I was involved in, it was particularly pour. The training was slow and hardly provided, although I believe this not to be a lack of wanting to but being able to. The people who were supposed to train myself had a far too large workload themselves and could not spare the time for myself. I cannot fault the individuals for this because they had important and time consuming work to do but the management of the team could be improved massively. Unfortunately I don't see that happening but overall I did learn a lot there and I do believe that the skills and experience gained there will help me in future job prospects.
Pros
Flexable and understanding
Cons
Pour management
Good Worklife Balance
Recruitment Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentford1 August 2018
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company – with three world-leading businesses – that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.

GSK is an excellent place to work as every employee believes in what the company strives to do which is to help people do more, feel better and live longer.

Trust drives autonomy which allows every individual to manage their workloads and their work-life balance.
Pros
Excellent work-life balance
Cons
Lack of visibility on occassions when it comes to organisational changes
a very good company to work in
REGIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR EUROPE (Current Employee) –  Brentford20 July 2018
GSK is a very nice company to live in and to work in. The work environment is just amazingly wonderful, and it is very enjoyable to benefit such good conditions in a very nice and friendly atmosphere.
The role of RSA Europe includes many various tasks and this makes the job really enjoyable as every days are not exactly the same.
You can work either from the office in Brentford, from home or from the various sites you are visiting all around Europe.
I have learned how to live in a Corporate of a major multinational firm, in a matrix-style organisation.
I have developed my skills in the security of the Supply Chain, including Transportation and Storage of sensitive goods.
I have created, developed and animated a network of Security Champions all over Europe and I organized monthly conf calls to enhance the share of good practices and security awareness.
I really liked to visit the sites and conduct security surveys/audits as well as Business Continuity Training to the LOCs managers.
Pros
Excellent work environment, nice and friendly company culture, very good benefits programme
Global Procurement Utilities Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 July 2018
A great place to work. Interesting roles. Good industry to work in - feel you are delivering something that is good for society ie healthcare. Good work life balance
Flexible working
Project Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stockley, UK15 July 2018
I was doing this computer analyst job for 21 years and it had flexible working so that I could work from home or in the office.

In the earlier days, I did get to travel abroad to Philadelphia and North Carolina.
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Ware9 July 2018
It was incredible to work at GSK during the summer, everyone was very friendly and there were lots of activities to do. I worked there for a week, in which I learnt a lot about drug discovery and manufacture.
Symbols Manager
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based4 July 2018
Good Company
learnt about the GSK products,
Workplace was good with good people
hardest part of the job was the rules & legislation around OTC products
Pros
Good company
Cons
amount of Red tape
just my opinion
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Field Based2 July 2018
everyone's experience differs and it's hard to summarize but if you have a good manager it's the best job in the world. you are educating offices, selling our products and helping patients everyday.
If you you don't you are emotionally drained and constantly in a position that nothing is every right even if you do all the things that are asked of you. When it's your time to go you will know.
I hate to say that because I came in very excited and proud of the where I was and who I worked for. At the end of the day, that didn't matter and decisions that I had no control over were made. if you work for a similar company you know what im talking about and if you're knew to this industry it's very different from anywhere that you've been.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
managers
Wrok Experience

great atmosphere

help meet objectives

personnal development

reward hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2