GlaxoSmithKline Work-Life Balance reviews

Found 125 reviews matching the search See all 3,240 reviews
Great work life balance
Supply Chain Study Lead (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire13 November 2018
A great team to work with, a lot of collaboration. Everyone is very friendly and helps each other. Do not have to work late normally, have the odd late nights.
Excellent company to work for
Move Product Transformation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentford12 November 2018
I feel very fortunate to have worked in a professional environment with an empowering boss who took an interest in my development and encouraged me to develop myself and allowed me to take on the responsibilities that I was given wholeheartedly.
Machine operator
Senior machine operator (Former Employee) –  Slough7 November 2018
Great company worked for 43 years
Provided great Benifits
Great hr team
Supportive company in terms of having a family
Made some good friends , life long friends
Pros
Pension
Cons
Excellent place to work and improve
Pricing Service Delivery Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 November 2018
Plenty of space to improve your capabilities. Multicultural environment. Working with professional individuals and multiple Teams. Solid end to end processes help to deal with day to day challenges.
Good company
Director, IT Services (Former Employee) –  London29 October 2018
Lots of support and resources to achieve results. Very good company to work for and lots of opportunities for progression and career development. Would reccomend
Good Culture,Brilliant people to work with
Production Process Cell Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Slough22 October 2018
One day would never be the same, there would always be a challenging moment.I made a serious effort to make my team the best they could be I treated them as individuals with there own personal qualities.I got rewarded with good results when things were really challenging they stepped up a gear when needed without to much prompting.The management team were difficult at times but also rewarding .The hardest part of my job was to see a group of dedicated hard working people all leave a organisation.The most enjoyable part is that we all supported each other when things got really tough there was definitely a family feel we built over the years
Pros
Solid organisation to work for good with benefits
Cons
Pay more attention to junior staff
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ware19 October 2018
Fast paced workplace culture and enjoyable dynamic. Gain valuable skills and knowledge which will make you stand out to a potential employer. Possible to use skills across other departments.
enthusiastic but inefficient
Clinical Investigation Lead (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire23 August 2018
Pros: Lots of enthusiasm on the ground; flexible hours, acceptable work/life balance

Cons: Frequent re-structuring gets in the way of any significant project;
Lower level managers are afraid of making their own decisions - de-centralization is overdue
Digital innovation is overdue
Projects are managed in the old-style system
Pay levels are on the lower end
Job security is low
Well run company, with good benefits.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex22 August 2018
Productive work place. Well rewarded job. Very secure job. A job for ambitious people, looking for a long term job.
Making medicines to help people is a rewarding experience.
Pros
Good time off.
Cons
Fixed rota working, could be more flexible.
Very rewarding work
Chemical Process Technician - GMP Site (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham13 August 2018
I enjoyed my time at GSK and the work was flexible and manageable. My team was easy enough to get on with and hardworking. I cant speak for all management at this company but in the area I was involved in, it was particularly pour. The training was slow and hardly provided, although I believe this not to be a lack of wanting to but being able to. The people who were supposed to train myself had a far too large workload themselves and could not spare the time for myself. I cannot fault the individuals for this because they had important and time consuming work to do but the management of the team could be improved massively. Unfortunately I don't see that happening but overall I did learn a lot there and I do believe that the skills and experience gained there will help me in future job prospects.
Pros
Flexable and understanding
Cons
Pour management
Good Worklife Balance
Recruitment Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentford1 August 2018
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company – with three world-leading businesses – that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.

GSK is an excellent place to work as every employee believes in what the company strives to do which is to help people do more, feel better and live longer.

Trust drives autonomy which allows every individual to manage their workloads and their work-life balance.
Pros
Excellent work-life balance
Cons
Lack of visibility on occassions when it comes to organisational changes
Global Procurement Utilities Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 July 2018
A great place to work. Interesting roles. Good industry to work in - feel you are delivering something that is good for society ie healthcare. Good work life balance
just my opinion
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Field Based2 July 2018
everyone's experience differs and it's hard to summarize but if you have a good manager it's the best job in the world. you are educating offices, selling our products and helping patients everyday.
If you you don't you are emotionally drained and constantly in a position that nothing is every right even if you do all the things that are asked of you. When it's your time to go you will know.
I hate to say that because I came in very excited and proud of the where I was and who I worked for. At the end of the day, that didn't matter and decisions that I had no control over were made. if you work for a similar company you know what im talking about and if you're knew to this industry it's very different from anywhere that you've been.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
managers
Wrok Experience

great atmosphere

help meet objectives

personnal development

reward hard work
Good company to work for
Finance Queue Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London23 May 2018
Joined the company on a 3 month assignment and worked for the team for just under 3 year. Work life balance is great but at the same time the work is quite demanding. Learnt new application such as remedy and Select survey tool.
Pros
option to work from home
Cons
Too much job cuts
Best Pharmaceutical Company in my view
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  East Anglia13 May 2018
Loved working here within all of the disease areas I represented.
Really good life changing drugs
Really good people and opportunities
Good salary and benefits
Pros
Loads
Cons
few
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham25 April 2018
I enjoy working for GSK, however their decision-making regarding workforce is somewhat frustrating.
Typically I have a scheduled day and proceed through the day completing my tasks to ensure the day's schedule is met.
Pros
salary, holidays, work/life balance
Cons
job security
Simulating and supportive
Medicinal Chemist (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
It's a good company to work for. They're fair and very supportive of all members of staff. The flexible hours in the company is also great for life management.
Pros
Flexi hours
Work Experience
Finance/ PC Lounge (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park9 March 2018
At GSk it was fantastic experience I ever had I learned lots of things such as how companies works I was based in the finance department.
They all respect each other at gsk the environment is so perfect and staff are very well respected to each other. the hardest part of the job was fidning the countries with alphabetical orders and the most enjoyable part of the work-experience job was to have a coffe with either laura or karen.
Pros
yes £5 free lunch voucher
Cons
No Long hours
Dedicated to providing patients with key medicine across the world
GPS Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Worthing7 March 2018
The company aims to produce key medicine that helps people all over the world recover from a multitude of infections. It is a good place to work but advancements in career are limited more recently due to a reduction in heads.
Pros
Free healthcare, good bonus, good pension schemes, share save schemes
Cons
Tough place to work with publically known closures of certain areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2