GlaxoSmithKline Work-Life Balance reviews

enthusiastic but inefficient
Clinical Investigation Lead (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire23 August 2018
Pros: Lots of enthusiasm on the ground; flexible hours, acceptable work/life balance

Cons: Frequent re-structuring gets in the way of any significant project;
Lower level managers are afraid of making their own decisions - de-centralization is overdue
Digital innovation is overdue
Projects are managed in the old-style system
Pay levels are on the lower end
Job security is low
Very rewarding work
Chemical Process Technician - GMP Site (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham13 August 2018
I enjoyed my time at GSK and the work was flexible and manageable. My team was easy enough to get on with and hardworking. I cant speak for all management at this company but in the area I was involved in, it was particularly pour. The training was slow and hardly provided, although I believe this not to be a lack of wanting to but being able to. The people who were supposed to train myself had a far too large workload themselves and could not spare the time for myself. I cannot fault the individuals for this because they had important and time consuming work to do but the management of the team could be improved massively. Unfortunately I don't see that happening but overall I did learn a lot there and I do believe that the skills and experience gained there will help me in future job prospects.
Pros
Flexable and understanding
Cons
Pour management
Good Worklife Balance
Recruitment Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentford1 August 2018
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company – with three world-leading businesses – that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.

GSK is an excellent place to work as every employee believes in what the company strives to do which is to help people do more, feel better and live longer.

Trust drives autonomy which allows every individual to manage their workloads and their work-life balance.
Pros
Excellent work-life balance
Cons
Lack of visibility on occassions when it comes to organisational changes
Global Procurement Utilities Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 July 2018
A great place to work. Interesting roles. Good industry to work in - feel you are delivering something that is good for society ie healthcare. Good work life balance
just my opinion
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Field Based2 July 2018
everyone's experience differs and it's hard to summarize but if you have a good manager it's the best job in the world. you are educating offices, selling our products and helping patients everyday.
If you you don't you are emotionally drained and constantly in a position that nothing is every right even if you do all the things that are asked of you. When it's your time to go you will know.
I hate to say that because I came in very excited and proud of the where I was and who I worked for. At the end of the day, that didn't matter and decisions that I had no control over were made. if you work for a similar company you know what im talking about and if you're knew to this industry it's very different from anywhere that you've been.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
managers
Wrok Experience

great atmosphere

help meet objectives

personnal development

reward hard work
Good company to work for
Finance Queue Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London23 May 2018
Joined the company on a 3 month assignment and worked for the team for just under 3 year. Work life balance is great but at the same time the work is quite demanding. Learnt new application such as remedy and Select survey tool.
Pros
option to work from home
Cons
Too much job cuts
Best Pharmaceutical Company in my view
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  East Anglia13 May 2018
Loved working here within all of the disease areas I represented.
Really good life changing drugs
Really good people and opportunities
Good salary and benefits
Pros
Loads
Cons
few
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham25 April 2018
I enjoy working for GSK, however their decision-making regarding workforce is somewhat frustrating.
Typically I have a scheduled day and proceed through the day completing my tasks to ensure the day's schedule is met.
Pros
salary, holidays, work/life balance
Cons
job security
Simulating and supportive
Medicinal Chemist (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
It's a good company to work for. They're fair and very supportive of all members of staff. The flexible hours in the company is also great for life management.
Pros
Flexi hours
Work Experience
Finance/ PC Lounge (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park9 March 2018
At GSk it was fantastic experience I ever had I learned lots of things such as how companies works I was based in the finance department.
They all respect each other at gsk the environment is so perfect and staff are very well respected to each other. the hardest part of the job was fidning the countries with alphabetical orders and the most enjoyable part of the work-experience job was to have a coffe with either laura or karen.
Pros
yes £5 free lunch voucher
Cons
No Long hours
Fun workplace - opportunities to learn
Management Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 March 2018
great company and worklife balance good management , nice enciroment , stict deadlines and profeesionalism is required .
Very good work culture
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 February 2018
Company has a good work/life balance. Delivery of objectives are team driven. Brainstorming, "thinking out side the box" encouraged and built upon.
Most enjoyable part of the day? All day you get to know and meet friendly faces from all areas willing to support you in whatever role they may be in. Guaranteed you will touch base with someone you need to reach out to in future.
Pros
Ability to grow and try new ideas without prejudice
Cons
Occasionally deadlines could be tight and adhoc meetings in other time zones
Fun place to work
Finance Business Partner (Current Employee) –  London10 February 2018
Contribute to project management,
Challenging but rewarding with opportunities to grow and develop personally and professionally. The potential of relocating is appealing within limits.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working lunch
Excellent place to work
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex31 January 2018
The company is very supportive and there are plenty of training opportunities. Great networking between departments on site and frequent internal recruitment.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Expected to work overtime
Great Place to work
PMO Analyst (Former Employee) –  London29 January 2018
GSK, GlaxoSmithKline has great people and is a great place to work.
Great culture and vision
Excellent building
Excellent parking
Excellent IT services
Great place to gain experiance
Continuous Tableting Line Platform Lead (Current Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire28 January 2018
GSK GMs Ware offers of great opportunity to gain experience however, opportunities for advancement can be limited depending on the route to wish your career to take.
Pros
Opertunities to gain experince
Cons
Based in expensive area of the UK
Great learning experience, poor work/life balance, fast paced
Assistant Financial Controller Northern Europe (Current Employee) –  London23 January 2018
Great learning experience, poor work/life balance, fast paced company full of system implementations, restructuring, outsourcing. Work culture depends on sub-cultures
Interesting & Busy
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  North East22 January 2018
Working at GSK gives you the chance to see state of the art production lines as well as development of world-class pharmaceutical products.

There is a good culture within the organisation and hard work is rewarded.
Great Team
Data Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London17 January 2018
Excellent work ethics,
Been through a large transition from a small team to a large team, with various managers and funtions within the team, overall the team has embraced the changes very well
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2