GlaxoSmithKline Pay & Benefits reviews

a very good company to work in
REGIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR EUROPE (Current Employee) –  Brentford20 July 2018
GSK is a very nice company to live in and to work in. The work environment is just amazingly wonderful, and it is very enjoyable to benefit such good conditions in a very nice and friendly atmosphere.
The role of RSA Europe includes many various tasks and this makes the job really enjoyable as every days are not exactly the same.
You can work either from the office in Brentford, from home or from the various sites you are visiting all around Europe.
I have learned how to live in a Corporate of a major multinational firm, in a matrix-style organisation.
I have developed my skills in the security of the Supply Chain, including Transportation and Storage of sensitive goods.
I have created, developed and animated a network of Security Champions all over Europe and I organized monthly conf calls to enhance the share of good practices and security awareness.
I really liked to visit the sites and conduct security surveys/audits as well as Business Continuity Training to the LOCs managers.
Pros
Excellent work environment, nice and friendly company culture, very good benefits programme
Best Pharmaceutical Company in my view
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  East Anglia13 May 2018
Loved working here within all of the disease areas I represented.
Really good life changing drugs
Really good people and opportunities
Good salary and benefits
Pros
Loads
Cons
few
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham25 April 2018
I enjoy working for GSK, however their decision-making regarding workforce is somewhat frustrating.
Typically I have a scheduled day and proceed through the day completing my tasks to ensure the day's schedule is met.
Pros
salary, holidays, work/life balance
Cons
job security
good
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire3 April 2018
on thr refurbishment, the work was generally well organised. the odd times we waited for materials. some of the management team could have/needed man management lessons
Pros
free car park
Cons
expensive temporary accomodation locally/nearby
Excellent company with fantastic products
Respiratory Hospital Specialist (Former Employee) –  SE Wales13 March 2018
A very challenging company to work for who hold you totally accountable for your business plan, both individually and within your matrix team. One of the key things I have learned with GSK is that you should never take anything for granted as our customers are constantly evolving, expecting more, wanting great customers service, better value from their interactions with us and lastly fantastic products with great clinical data. I believe that the culture in the short term is set by management and the environment you work in is so important to employees which in turn is reflected in the quality of our customer interactions. The hardest part of the job is developing trust and long lasting relationships with consultants and allowing this to leverage a commercial outcome for you, the HCP and the patient. The best and most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference to patients .
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Home/work balance
Excellent first manager, second terrible.
Auxiliary Sales Manager - Feb 2002 (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London13 February 2018
On joining SmithKline Beecham it was a wonderful business, excellent managers. On merging with Glaxo the business changed, they became terribly ruthless. When my father passed away I was sign off for depression and the HR manager along with my manager visited me at home - checked my medication all of which is illegal.
Pros
Salary good, SmithKline Beecham wonderful but GSK terrible
Cons
Illegal practise when off sick
friendly place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle19 January 2018
you work 37.5 hours a week
shft work - encludes
06.00-14.00
14.00-22.00
10.00-06.00
good hourly rate of pay
chance of over time on weekend and after your shift
Pros
friendly work friends amnd great wage
Cons
short contracts
Great pay for menial work
Technical Technician (Former Employee) –  Worthing17 January 2018
Glaxo will treat you very well in terms of wages / pension / bonus etc - the majority of the work ( shop floor ) is very menial and boring but if you can put up with it then the money is there to be had.
Pros
monies
Cons
very clicky management structure
Fun team
Document Controller/Administrator/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montrose, Angus15 January 2018
working within the design/engineering team and construction team as part of a project team to deliver a brand new design and build of chemical plant
Pros
close to home & good team
Cons
no longevity or security with job & low salary
Great Workplace
Accounts Receivable Executive (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London15 January 2018
I really enjoyed to work in GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare. I was based in Stockley Park (Finance Department) and I was part of a excellent team.
Pros
Free lunches and celebrations
great place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
very good place to work
lots of opportunities
lots of support and training
innovative and has a good salary and share reward, health insurance package
Great comoany to work for!
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK14 November 2017
GSK was a great school. I had the chance to work eith great people and the comoany has a nice vision and culture.
I only left because I had to move (for personal reasons) and they don't have an office/opportunity in the state I am now.
Pros
Great company, great structure, great benefits, great company culture
Cons
Working hours can be long from time to time depending on the project
Great place to work in
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  London, UK7 November 2017
Permanent staff had great benefits such as gym membership, flexi hours, medical insurance etc. I was only contracting since very hard to get a permanent job within the company.
Good pay for part time
Office movement (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2017
The pay was good and included travel time in the pay and training was very clear effective. The hours were long but the breaks given to you were also long.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Fantastic company to work for
PA/Office Manager for CTS (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London25 September 2017
Competitive salaries, great perks and ability to progress upward or across the company. The management team was very approachable and the office environment was fun busy and fast paced.
Pros
Competitive salary and perks
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire17 August 2017
Very long and unsociable hours. 12 hour rotating days and nights when I was there. Good bunch of people. Management ok. No better or worse than anywhere else.
Pros
Time off
Terrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire11 August 2017
Terrible company. The Management need to stop preaching the company values and try acting on them. Actions speak louder than words. To many managers who are clueless. This then puts a huge workload on the workers. Management are rude and don't listen. To much interest in meetings and charts. They need to get out more and understand the process and what people are doing to keep them in the positions they sit in.
Pros
Great pay benefits shifts etc.
Cons
Heartless management
Excellent company to work for!
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Weybridge17 July 2017
I've been at GSK for a year and a half as a long-term contract role and can't fault them in any way. Excellent work ethic, good benefits (for perm members) and a great on-site atmosphere.
Associate Study Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London4 July 2017
Really enjoyable place to work good culture and values, not much scope for progression as placement student and salary very much 'competitive' but could get more elsewhere
Busy well regulated environment
Work Placed Trainer & Inbound/Sampling Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire15 June 2017
Learnt plenty of new skills, involved in all aspects of Warehousing, Health and Safety, Quality control and auditing.
Appreciated the prioritising of Quality over Quantity within the site
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Constant restructuring and work pattern changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2