GlaxoSmithKline Pay & Benefits reviews

Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham25 April 2018
I enjoy working for GSK, however their decision-making regarding workforce is somewhat frustrating.
Typically I have a scheduled day and proceed through the day completing my tasks to ensure the day's schedule is met.
Pros
salary, holidays, work/life balance
Cons
job security
good
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire3 April 2018
on thr refurbishment, the work was generally well organised. the odd times we waited for materials. some of the management team could have/needed man management lessons
Pros
free car park
Cons
expensive temporary accomodation locally/nearby
Excellent company with fantastic products
Respiratory Hospital Specialist (Former Employee) –  SE Wales13 March 2018
A very challenging company to work for who hold you totally accountable for your business plan, both individually and within your matrix team. One of the key things I have learned with GSK is that you should never take anything for granted as our customers are constantly evolving, expecting more, wanting great customers service, better value from their interactions with us and lastly fantastic products with great clinical data. I believe that the culture in the short term is set by management and the environment you work in is so important to employees which in turn is reflected in the quality of our customer interactions. The hardest part of the job is developing trust and long lasting relationships with consultants and allowing this to leverage a commercial outcome for you, the HCP and the patient. The best and most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference to patients .
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Home/work balance
friendly place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle19 January 2018
you work 37.5 hours a week
shft work - encludes
06.00-14.00
14.00-22.00
10.00-06.00
good hourly rate of pay
chance of over time on weekend and after your shift
Pros
friendly work friends amnd great wage
Cons
short contracts
Great pay for menial work
Technical Technician (Former Employee) –  Worthing17 January 2018
Glaxo will treat you very well in terms of wages / pension / bonus etc - the majority of the work ( shop floor ) is very menial and boring but if you can put up with it then the money is there to be had.
Pros
monies
Cons
very clicky management structure
Fun team
Document Controller/Administrator/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montrose, Angus15 January 2018
working within the design/engineering team and construction team as part of a project team to deliver a brand new design and build of chemical plant
Pros
close to home & good team
Cons
no longevity or security with job & low salary
Great Workplace
Accounts Receivable Executive (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London15 January 2018
I really enjoyed to work in GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare. I was based in Stockley Park (Finance Department) and I was part of a excellent team.
Pros
Free lunches and celebrations
great place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
very good place to work
lots of opportunities
lots of support and training
innovative and has a good salary and share reward, health insurance package
Great comoany to work for!
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK14 November 2017
GSK was a great school. I had the chance to work eith great people and the comoany has a nice vision and culture.
I only left because I had to move (for personal reasons) and they don't have an office/opportunity in the state I am now.
Pros
Great company, great structure, great benefits, great company culture
Cons
Working hours can be long from time to time depending on the project
Good pay for part time
Office movement (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2017
The pay was good and included travel time in the pay and training was very clear effective. The hours were long but the breaks given to you were also long.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Fantastic company to work for
PA/Office Manager for CTS (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London25 September 2017
Competitive salaries, great perks and ability to progress upward or across the company. The management team was very approachable and the office environment was fun busy and fast paced.
Pros
Competitive salary and perks
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire17 August 2017
Very long and unsociable hours. 12 hour rotating days and nights when I was there. Good bunch of people. Management ok. No better or worse than anywhere else.
Pros
Time off
Terrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire11 August 2017
Terrible company. The Management need to stop preaching the company values and try acting on them. Actions speak louder than words. To many managers who are clueless. This then puts a huge workload on the workers. Management are rude and don't listen. To much interest in meetings and charts. They need to get out more and understand the process and what people are doing to keep them in the positions they sit in.
Pros
Great pay benefits shifts etc.
Cons
Heartless management
Excellent company to work for!
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Weybridge17 July 2017
I've been at GSK for a year and a half as a long-term contract role and can't fault them in any way. Excellent work ethic, good benefits (for perm members) and a great on-site atmosphere.
Associate Study Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London4 July 2017
Really enjoyable place to work good culture and values, not much scope for progression as placement student and salary very much 'competitive' but could get more elsewhere
Busy well regulated environment
Work Placed Trainer & Inbound/Sampling Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire15 June 2017
Learnt plenty of new skills, involved in all aspects of Warehousing, Health and Safety, Quality control and auditing.
Appreciated the prioritising of Quality over Quantity within the site
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Constant restructuring and work pattern changes
Dental Territory Representative
Dental Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  South Wales12 June 2017
Great role selling to Dental Professionals. Good career prospects and well paid salary package. GSK culture was to promote from within and an ethical sales approach. Well respected by customers and competitors alike.
Pros
Ethical sales based role
Cons
Minor
Busy environment, varied workload
HR Data Management Analyst (temp assignment) (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, London, United kingdom31 May 2017
A good multi-national employer with many benefits and perks. I was only working in a temporary capacity, so this was limited. Good management, but as would be expected with such a large company there are areas that are somewhat disjointed. Good content but using the systems sometimes resulted repetitive tasks.
Pros
Great offices and flexible working hours
Cons
GSK is a good company to work for as a whole.
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead20 April 2017
GSK is a good company to work for as a whole and the benefits are very good pension, shares, private healthcare etc. However, l worked at the Maidenhead site and the culture is very much if your face fits, then you are OK. If not, the management go out of their way to make life as difficult as possible, to the extent that people are so stressed out, made to feel useless and start to doubt their own ability, that they either leave, get dismissed or are signed off with stress.
My advice to anyone applying for a position at Maidenhead is to consider all of your options prior to accepting as your career could be very short.
Pros
Good pension and other packages available
Cons
Very poor management with little respect for anyone
Good company
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Stevenage5 April 2017
I work as a contractor. As a contractor you don't get much development opportunities, there is certain degree of segregation with permanent staff. On going short job contract does't give much job security or benefits.
In overall happy about the company.
Pros
Good work and life balance
Cons
Less development opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2