GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews for Data Analyst

Busy environment, varied workload
HR Data Management Analyst (temp assignment) (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, London, United kingdom31 May 2017
A good multi-national employer with many benefits and perks. I was only working in a temporary capacity, so this was limited. Good management, but as would be expected with such a large company there are areas that are somewhat disjointed. Good content but using the systems sometimes resulted repetitive tasks.
Pros
Great offices and flexible working hours
Workplace culture
HR Workforce Data Management Analyst (CW position) (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, UK23 May 2017
Extremely supportive and a great environment to work in.
Great team and honest leadership team who are able to open to change and are constantly looking ways to improve
Productive and Fun
Data Analyst / Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 May 2017
I really had nice time working for this company and I don't mind doing it a second time. My time was used productively in creating highly interactive reports and many of the reports guide the team I work for in making decision on products and different GSK markets.
Great Stable Environment
Medical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2017
First job after university and loved the culture and the stability of the company. Lovely people and lovely premises. Great restaurant and great Gym. Was a great first job.
Enjoyable
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London11 December 2016
There was no typical day - each day was different with different challenges. One day might be assisting the help desk with queries and getting various information required and the second might be working on excel spreadsheet extracting information.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to see the whole picture and understanding the part you were playing.

The most enjoyable part was working with others and achieving and completing my project.
Pros
Learning the different syste, and culture
Cons
Not seeing your part in the larger picture
Work culture
SAP Functional Analyst( Master Data Expert) (Former Employee) –  London13 May 2015
I liked the work culture in GSK. Good Team environment. Excellent to learn and explore new skills. Exposure to the business users.
Nice people, offices are quite remote
Trade Route Data Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Middlesex13 March 2015
Worked at GSK as a contractor. The positives of working there is that the staff are friendly, with nice teams overall.

One of the hardest parts of the job is the commute - it is in a business park in Middlesex and is quite remote. It is not the most straightforward commute unless you live very locally. It is fairly close to Heathrow Airport. I found the commute very draining to be honest.

The work itself is highly bespoke. It's quite interesting to find a way to use your skills that you might have accumulated previously.

However, it the teams there are friendly. Management are also friendly and know their stuff.
Pros
Discounts
Productive and Fun workplace
Trade Route Data Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentford, ENG18 February 2014
Responsible for ensuring all customer, item, price and trade route data is in place to meet requirements of GSK Trading Services, Consumer Trading Services, GSK Export and ViiV Healthcare invoicing teams. This includes the automation of Sales order Processing & Finance Functions through the electronic invoicing process and also managing the data integrity across the entire trade route.
• Responsible for collating, analysing and aligning data setup in multiple systems and relating interfaces (e.g. SAP, JDE, Babel, MGX), across both the Demand management & Financial processes.
• Ensuring full Trade Route analysis is completed for Trade route setups and data related issues together with ensuring all Trade Route implementations are fit for business purpose within agreed SLAs
• Root cause analysis of customer queries & data related issues including report running. Responsible to identify opportunities for process improvement initiatives to support the requirements of key stakeholder groups
• Setting up and amending Trade Routes, Items and Pricing related data on behalf of GSK Trading Partners
• Ensuring that e-invoice failures are resolved and completed in a timely manner. Responsible for maintenance of various Trackers and Spreadsheets
• Working with VAT Team to ensure correct application of VAT and Trade Route governance, Ensuring interface data is set up to support Electronic Trade and demand transmission interfaces
• Work closely with the Continuous Improvement Team to try and identify trends working towards better ways of working
• Liaising with IT to resolve e-invoice
  more... hard errors to ensure continuity of e-invoicing and financial matching process
• Supporting Business Analysts with new business initiatives. Ensuring that all queries/requests received are captured & actioned within SLA and escalated when required.
Achievement: I received an award in recognition for exceptional customer service displayed myself and for developing a solution to deal with continual E-invoice failures. The current process in place was to raise the failed invoices in question ‘manually’. I took time to root cause the issue. For all the concerning failed E-invoices, I collated the data, got visibility of the problem(s), found a trend and was able to retrigger ‘batches’ within the system which were being problematic. As a result we no longer had invoice failures of this nature saving time and money for all concerned. This process was endorsed by all my superiors and was rolled out as a standard way off working across the entire department
Pros
Choice of food, Gym
Cons
Longer contracts needed