GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in Worthing

Dedicated to providing patients with key medicine across the world
GPS Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Worthing7 March 2018
The company aims to produce key medicine that helps people all over the world recover from a multitude of infections. It is a good place to work but advancements in career are limited more recently due to a reduction in heads.
Pros
Free healthcare, good bonus, good pension schemes, share save schemes
Cons
Tough place to work with publically known closures of certain areas
Good
qa scientist (Current Employee) –  Worthing6 February 2018
Enjoyable.working under pressure. So many politics. Management does not encourage staff opinions. The very conservative mindset of the management. No progression. SO much staff turnover because of the management.
Pros
good company
Cons
Conservative management.
Excellent place to work
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex31 January 2018
The company is very supportive and there are plenty of training opportunities. Great networking between departments on site and frequent internal recruitment.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Expected to work overtime
Great pay for menial work
Technical Technician (Former Employee) –  Worthing17 January 2018
Glaxo will treat you very well in terms of wages / pension / bonus etc - the majority of the work ( shop floor ) is very menial and boring but if you can put up with it then the money is there to be had.
Pros
monies
Cons
very clicky management structure
a good place to work
Facilities & Soft Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex29 November 2017
A demanding but fulfilling role, go home proud every day knowing that you are helping to make someone else life better.

A good place to work in a pharm industry.
Difficult to rate - lots of variation between groups
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex19 November 2017
I've been on the site since 1990 but am focusing on the last few years here. It's been a tough period with a lot to fix and this has made for a poor work life balance (to put it mildly). A great culture and attitude in the Primary (API) operation here - pity it's closing.
Pros
The people
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Forward thinking with great people
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex19 July 2017
Worked for GSK for over 21 years in total. They look after their people very well and have a great structure for personal development. Take pride in their community investment both in the UK and overseas supporting employees who want to help others and actively encouraging participation with their Orange Day initiative.
Highly regulated which can be frustrating at times however very satisfying knowing that whatever you are doing is adding value to ensure safe medicines are prescribed to patients.
Great place to work and learn
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex6 July 2017
Full of opportunity for those who are willing to push themselves to learn and do more. Very diverse experience in the engineering department covering everything from production support to building services
Good
Quality Assurance Scientist (Senior Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Worthing4 July 2017
Good Company, friendly environment, less work stress
I like your company because they provide training for the employee every year.
This is one of the best company in the corporate world. There is a good environment. Company taking care of employees they provide best security and also they provide more opportunity to learn and develop our skills & experience. Very good scope is there in future.
Rewarding to be involved in the production of life saving medicines
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex2 May 2017
A day in the life at GSK is both a challenge and an inspiration. The work is demanding but you are with a great team. An inspiration because you are part of an organisation dedicated to making life changing and life saving medicines.
Pros
Part of a great team
GSK Worthing
Validation Technical Support Scientist (Former Employee) –  Worthing, UK25 January 2017
The Site was a legacy Site that had suffered from lack of investment in the past. The culture that was ingrained in staff was that they had to get the product out of the door come what may. There was definitely a lack of interest in compliance with the requirements especially around the correct way to Validate and decommission equipment. The continued to utilise a very old equipment inventory numbers and did not use the newer SAP Equipment Identification Numbers.
It was a rare occurrence for someone to pass you in a corridor and greet you.
Pros
Cons
Slightly bullying culture
Productive & professional
Project Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex19 January 2017
Great company to work for. Excellently run. Unfortunately no chance of a contract extension. I cannot fault the way the company is run, or the management style.
Pros
Flexible start time
Cons
Working from a freezing portakabin
Decent place to work
Genetic engineer (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex15 January 2017
I'm only on a maternity cover here, but it's been a decent place to work. Good culture, good work life balance. I'd happily stay on if I had the opportunity.
Productive and fun work place
Food Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worthing3 December 2015
My time at GSK was very educational, I learnt a lot throughout my year of working there. I gained valuable skills, which enhanced my working experience within a catering environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shifts
Only Worthing GSK
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Worthing, ENG26 November 2015
I cannot comment on other sites as this would not be appropriate.

GSK Worthing is currently undergoing a very large transition and as part of Primary it is frustrating

Normally my 12.25hr day/night shift is hectic and you leave with a feeling of a good job, done well, lives saved.

Currently, it is chaos huge amounts of management, very little direction. If I could walk over to Worthing secondary where it is more established that would not be a problem.

A typical day/night at work requires tankers, in-process and finished product testing in the pharmaceutical market.

The only co-workers I have are my on-site customers. They all want you to test THEIR samples but I have developed a relationship to ensure that they know if their sample in delayed it is because they are in a queue and there is only me.

Management, are like ants. 1 person per shift and their must be 5 people that give you jobs to do! However, like everything else it get's put in queue and you deal with it when you can.

Co-Workers are they guys also on shift and I see them for a 15min handover. You learn some with leave the place in a mess, some will use the last of items and leave you in the **** some are very helpful. Working 1 per shift means they know when they leave it is not their problem.
The hardest part of the job is the straight switch from 12.25hr days straight into 12.25hr nights, especially during summer weekends when you can't sleep.
I find the most enjoyable part of my job is when it all works. I try to make a plan (even before I leave home) work out when certain things should
  more... occur and it all works out  less
Pros
Pension, Shares, known rota for the year
Cons
Non paid call out, unsocial hours, 1 hour drive to work
Fun day at work
QA Scientist (Former Employee) –  Worthing, ENG19 October 2014
A typical day at work starts with the morning meeting where performance for the past 24 hours is discussed with every individual.
- I have learned to understand the importance of communication and leading skills to be applied when required.
- Management is very helpful and approachable
- Co-workers are very polite and helpful.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was to absorb all the informations and new skills provided be very good and enjoyable training.
Pros
free coffee, good food
Interesting, Productive and Satisfying
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Worthing, ENG5 February 2014
Start-up of machinery and checks of paperwork. Start manufacturing and inspection of medicine filled glass vials. Pack products into crates ready for final packaging in a different department.
Learning about the demands for medicine and how to operate large machinery.
Pros
Wage, lunch breaks, training
Cons
Shift pattern
Summary
QA Scientist Analyst (Former Employee) –  Worthing1 January 2013
Great place to work, people were great, job was tedious but enjoyed it. Learnt lots about GMP, GLP, and was involved with audit preparations. As well as developed my HPLC skills and communications skills through working in teams.
Pros
my colleagues were great to work with
World Wide Pharmacuetical and Health Care company
EHS Adviser (Former Employee) –  Worthing19 August 2012
A highly demanding production environment, supporting 1,000+ employees across 24/7 shift patterns. Due to the production demands Environment, Health and Safety Advisers must be flexible with working hours, have Generalist and specilists skills. The management are supportive and focused. They encourage individual learning and development and as a result I qualified as an EHS adviser while working for GSK. The hardest part of the job was managing training of the employees around shift patterns. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with so many skilled people and disciplines and the support of the fellow emploees.
Pros
development opportunities and working with a multiskilled work force