GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in Ware

Great company
Service Operator (Dispensary) (Former Employee) –  Ware27 December 2017
Great place to work, great people. Very interesting work that no-one who doesn't work there would never get to see. Only worked there for a short time but would certainly go back.
Excellent experience
Quality Oversight Officer (Former Employee) –  Ware8 November 2017
I have developed my career in GSK , I have enjoyed all my roles.
Management is excellent , great work life balance.
I would highly recommend to work here and would like to go back.
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire17 August 2017
Very long and unsociable hours. 12 hour rotating days and nights when I was there. Good bunch of people. Management ok. No better or worse than anywhere else.
Pros
Time off
Non Demanding `computer Work
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire, UK22 June 2017
This was the ideal job, as you got to work from home but still be able to communicate with the team. the pay was very good for my age. however the change in staff and management meant my job was constantly under review and tactics were used to make sure people worked harder even though the progress we made was a lot better than it had ever been. too much demand and not enough respect from new management.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Management Issues
Busy well regulated environment
Work Placed Trainer & Inbound/Sampling Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire15 June 2017
Learnt plenty of new skills, involved in all aspects of Warehousing, Health and Safety, Quality control and auditing.
Appreciated the prioritising of Quality over Quantity within the site
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Constant restructuring and work pattern changes
Tablet manufacturing / SOP author (complementary) (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire11 June 2017
For someone with a professional work ethic and a desire to progress as an individual, Glaxo is a very good place to work. I would recommend this company as a place to work.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Shift work
Exciting but stable working environment
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire4 June 2017
A typical day within the laboratory would be in a routine testing lane, performing one of the many quality assurance tests. This may consist of using automated equipment or more manual based test methods. From working in quality assurance I have a very keen eye for detail and following protocols and procedures has become second nature to me. The workplace environment is extremely positive and development is widely encouraged within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is learning new methods and procedures within the lab and also helping out with investigation work where needed. The job can be challenging when business demands are high, for example a high workload in the lab at the same time as equipment issues could mean working in a high pressure environment for a few weeks which is sometimes hard to deal with after a prolonged period of time.
Pros
Huge sense of 'one team'
Cons
Occasionally working under pressure for prolonged periods of time
Very good company to work for.
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ware17 October 2016
The daily work is very routine, but the management do attempt to vary things with project work coupled with numerous development opportunities. There is a strong team ethic within all aspects of the company which is a fantastic source of motivation.
Pros
Benefits, strong team mentality.
Cons
Lack of appraisals and regular feedback.
Productive and supportive
Product Performance Technologist/Statistician (Former Employee) –  Ware23 August 2016
I believe GlaxoSmithKline was by far the most beneficial and intellectual places to work for my placement year. I received such a warm welcome and training was easily understood and well taught. The people were very friendly and the company on a whole had so much to offer, allowing me to gain experience in OSD and Respiratory Manufacturing, Product Performace and Statistics, Microbiology, IMQC labs and R&D.
Pros
People
Cons
Stairs!
Good Work Place
Data Entry Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ware18 August 2016
Job Is Good and the company makes the best effort to keep you happy. But the way they work out your holiday (which is through an outside company) is very complicated and hard to understand.

Office is very well kept and they do give you every comfort possible to make sure you are happy at happy at work.

My team is a great one to work with and we all get along very well.
Pros
1 hour lunch, discount on company products
Cons
Temp jobs get very little vacation
Interesting Project
Senior Regulatory Executive (Former Employee) –  Ware15 July 2016
Project Edge Global license review project, Gap analysis, Risk evaluation, Regulatory strategy and remediation, I was responsible for closing over 1000 gaps.
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Ware, ENG25 August 2015
In general GSK is a great place to work. Its respectful and the culture good.
I have found career advancement difficult in early years, but now I am working in an area I enjoy I believe this will be easier.
Cons
Hard to progress
Pleasant work environment that offered an opportunity to take part
Unpaid Project Worker (Former Employee) –  Ware, ENG14 April 2015
Most days at work revolved around finding and inputting Keywords from Early Safety Prediction into an Excel database, which became monotonous after extended periods of time.

However, to split up the days, I was offered the opportunity to observe the different techniques used in the toxicology lab, such as the process used to make samples for glass slides and input/analyse data used for the High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) machine.

The best part of my experience were the kind, helpful, and lighthearted staff.
Pros
Great work environment & staff
Cons
no pay, only brief
Good company to work for
Formulation Scientist (Former Employee) –  Ware11 September 2014
Hardworking group

Lots of potential to acquire new skills

Large organisation, cross-skilling potential
Work Experience - Secondary School
Work experience (Former Employee) –  Ware, ENG8 April 2014
This is a brief review, as this where I went for my two week secondary school work placement. I only got to do and got taught basics of what was needed from me.

I worked for two weeks within the Dispensary Department at GSK.
I was involved with various sampling of compounds, handling chemicals and powders, rearranging data files into numerical order and visiting various other departments.

All the co-workers are good, everyone is polite and knows what not they are doing and got one with their work.
Productive and great culture
Formulation Scientist, UK (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire, UK27 March 2014
I joined GSK as fresher. But it has given me a lot. It has made me an individual who can survive in the co operate world. Scientifically it has made my base strong.
Great company to work for (GSK)
(EDM) User Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ware11 January 2014
a typical day at work - start work at 9am, work withing Remedy dealing with user account requests for access to Electric documents, make sure all requests had been requested via the correct process, grant or deny access after investigation.

what you learned - I learnt how to use the remedy request system, how to grant different levels of access to documents.

management - really nice people, very funny and looked after all staff

your co-workers - was only me and a lady working in the team at ware, got on with her really well and stayed in contact even after leaving GSK.

the hardest part of the job - was my first IT role so had to learn pretty much everything.

the most enjoyable part of the job - learning about the job
Pros
working for GSK
Cons
was a short term contract