GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in Stevenage

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 3,489 reviews
enthusiastic but inefficient
Clinical Investigation Lead (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire23 August 2018
Pros: Lots of enthusiasm on the ground; flexible hours, acceptable work/life balance

Cons: Frequent re-structuring gets in the way of any significant project;
Lower level managers are afraid of making their own decisions - de-centralization is overdue
Digital innovation is overdue
Projects are managed in the old-style system
Pay levels are on the lower end
Job security is low
Productive serious and fun workplace
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Stevenage19 November 2018
Excellent employer, great company to work for. flexible working makes this job fit easily with family life. Great working culture and excellent company values.
Work Experience
Shadowing Senior Analyst from the BioCTL team (Former Employee) –  Stevenage4 May 2018
I had the best time shadowing the senior analyst and learned a a lot of new things in the 1 week. It showed me the side of the pharmaceutical industry where everyday is a different day and there are set targets that every individual gets to achieve in a period of time.
Nice place to work, but overall frustrating
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 October 2017
It’s not all bad, job security is good, you can work as hard as you like (or not at all), and the pay is ok if you get bonuses and awards. If you’re looking to do great science in a dynamic fast moving industry environment, this is probably not the place for you. Many frustrating barriers to doing simple tasks. Career development - you’re on your own.
Pros
Nice people, interesting and varied work
Cons
Doing science sometimes seems like an afterthought, chaotic processes, little career development
Gsk
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Stevenage22 January 2018
Daily donor session
Database update
Friendly flexible team
Professional environment
Learned good venepuncture skills
Excellent ongoing e.learning training
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
Not enough hours available
Productive and Fun Workplace
Industrial Cadet (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire24 May 2017
As this was just a work experience esque placement, I did not have too much of a daily task. However, it allowed me to gain an insight into the work that I wish to go into after my degree has ended. It also allowed me to understand the greater runnings in a large corporation such as GSK.
Pros
Free lunches and drinks, Great staff
Stimulating and productive place to work. There is constant change so job never stays the same.
Manager biopharm translational medicine (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, ENG22 September 2014
Stimulating and challenging place to work. Nice environment to work with pleasant colleagues. The hardest part of the job is understanding the science but also set up does involve working in matrix teams to potentially several people can be doing a similar role so this can be a challenge.
Pros
Good share options, long term reward packages, pleasant environment, nice people
Cons
can be difficult to progress, difficulties with working across areas
Good company
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Stevenage5 April 2017
I work as a contractor. As a contractor you don't get much development opportunities, there is certain degree of segregation with permanent staff. On going short job contract does't give much job security or benefits.
In overall happy about the company.
Pros
Good work and life balance
Cons
Less development opportunities
Une belle experience
TRT Data Analyst, Supply Chain Accounting (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, ENG12 January 2015
En charge de très gros fournisseurs tels que le leadeur mondiale de la distribution de vaccin, ce poste fut un excellent tremplin pour moi,cette entreprise et ce domaine me passionnent. Du traitement des données jusque la facturation en passant par le suivis des commandes, cela fus très agréable.
Pros
Equipe, travail a l'echelle internationnale
Innovative and purpose bulit
SENIOR ANALYTICAL SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Stevenage5 November 2016
Log on to the main server.
Retrieve emails and meeting invites.
Refer to task briefing of the work package.
Carryout required analysis.
Write up report on the experiment.
Record worked hours on weekly time sheet.
Pre-plan the next task.
Pros
Flexible hours and independent working
Cons
May not find the time to bond with other workers
Productive and Inspiring
CASE Studentship PhD Student (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire20 February 2017
Excellent worksite with amazing equipment and facilities. All staff were professional yet personable and excellent scientists. Great sense of cameraderie. Provides very good work life balance.
Pros
Excellent culture and people, very good work-life balance
Great Place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, ENG26 January 2014
This was a Great Place to work, sadly only for the 18 month Contract they could allow. Gave me a basis to work within a large team and on my own. It greatly advanced my organisational skills as I had several areas and key responsibilities that I had to maintain.
Pros
Very Good working ethos
Cons
Fixed term contract
only weeks work experience
laboratory staff (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Herts, UK22 June 2017
the week i spent a GlaxoSmithKline was very enjoyable shadowing different experiments and learning many new things and getting to interact with all the lastest technology they had.
work is good but management needs revision
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire19 April 2017
enjoyed work although it was intense at times
company culture was good but dept needed work
enjoyed learning about how medicines are progressed and how that translated into helping people
Great work atmosphere for science
Placement Student - IPS (Former Employee) –  Stevenage7 October 2014
A wealth of experience working in various endeavours to produce new drugs. A great place for a student to learn about the pharmaceutical industry and how large companies work. Lots of support and encouragement.
Pros
Large company on dedicated site
On the up?
Director (Current Employee) –  Stevenage13 December 2014
Not sure GSK is the darling of investors that it used to be. Some high profile knocks to reputation and under-achievement in margins and sales (especially in US) have hit us hard. Nevertheless a great place to work. If you get one of the good managers and work hard - you're in a satisfying career
safe envoironment
Fire alarm engineer (Current Employee) –  Stevenage19 March 2016
I was engineering for a company that is in charge of the fire alarms , so I am not directly working for GSK. The managers made sure we all worked safe and and to a very high standard, I also made a lot of friends but I cant see me furthering my career there unfortunately.
Collaborative work place
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire16 January 2017
Collaborative workplace with autonomy to manage own workload day to day and good work life balance. Friendly professional working environment with receptiveness to discuss and run with new ideas and approaches.
work experince
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire26 May 2017
Was an inspirational experience which i loved and inspired me in my chemistry career and to do a chemistry degree. I hope to go back one day to work again for the company.
Has good facilities
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Stevenage8 November 2013
Dependable company in the eyes of the public, in reality expect to be at risk of redundancy and see massive staff cuts on a yearly basis
Pros
good share scheme
Cons
no real pay rises and always redundancies and cuts being made

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2