GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in London

Experience at GSK
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 December 2017
At GSK, it was the best place to work in my opinion. I was with the Document Management team from just after the new year in 2016 until the end of September. I learned new skills such as working well under pressure and be more independent. The hardest part was when there was a lot of work to do in excel within a deadline and I managed it well.
Slow rigid old
Clinical Data Scientist - Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  London1 December 2017
Not my best employer, but until something else is good enough. poor facilities, not very spacious and clean. Decisions and responsibilities are coming slow
Pros
Locations
Cons
Rigid slow
great place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
very good place to work
lots of opportunities
lots of support and training
innovative and has a good salary and share reward, health insurance package
Respectful enviroment
Admin (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 November 2017
I was learning on the job and so everyday was different, i thoroughly enjoyed the constant change. the workplace was very relaxing, clean and made one feel very welcome evytime we entre and exit the building by other staff.
Great comoany to work for!
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK14 November 2017
GSK was a great school. I had the chance to work eith great people and the comoany has a nice vision and culture.
I only left because I had to move (for personal reasons) and they don't have an office/opportunity in the state I am now.
Pros
Great company, great structure, great benefits, great company culture
Cons
Working hours can be long from time to time depending on the project
Great place
IT Business Partner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 October 2017
Great place to work, good work life balance, friendly people, great environment.

Global working, lots of areas for opportunity given the broad portfolio
Excellent business
Communications Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2017
GSK is an excellent business with a great culture and good values. I would recommend it as a good place to work, though it can be overly consultative.
Pros
Cons
Not progressive
A great company to work for
Business Intelligence Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 October 2017
Being 10 years in GSK, I can certainly say that overall I am happy. Good company culture focusing on people and fun place to work with people being friendly.
Pros
Great place, friendly atmosphere, good culture
Cons
Siloed, average pay, focus on cost management, managers not inspiring and often mediocre
Good pay for part time
Office movement (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2017
The pay was good and included travel time in the pay and training was very clear effective. The hours were long but the breaks given to you were also long.
Pros
Good pay
Fascinating yet frustrating
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 July 2017
A lot of noise is made about the company's values, yet the reality is people are just a commodity to use or dispense with.

One can learn much there though and there are some fine people trying to do their best.
GSK was a lovely place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2017
I worked at GSK for approx. Politics always change in a large organisation like this, but I always enjoyed working here. We were very lucky to have our own small scale supermarket, cashpoints, a restaurant, a coffee bar and a gym to name a few. A great place to work and I am proud to have been a part of the organisation for so long.
Une très bonne enterprise qui s'interesse au bien être de ses employés
Procurement Risk & Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK20 June 2017
Une entreprise qui donne beaucoup de possibilités pour les employés et qui respecte leur vie personelle.
Busy environment, varied workload
HR Data Management Analyst (temp assignment) (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, London, United kingdom31 May 2017
A good multi-national employer with many benefits and perks. I was only working in a temporary capacity, so this was limited. Good management, but as would be expected with such a large company there are areas that are somewhat disjointed. Good content but using the systems sometimes resulted repetitive tasks.
Pros
Great offices and flexible working hours
Cons
Excelentes oportunidades de ascencao na empresa
Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Londres25 May 2017
Ambiente multicultural, flexibilidade para trabalhar a distancia, pacote salarial atrativo e beneficios interessantes.
Day work at GSK
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  London24 May 2017
Gathering requirement from various super users on the business process, perform end to end testing

Coordinate with SAP, business and third party users
Productive and Fun
Data Analyst / Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 May 2017
I really had nice time working for this company and I don't mind doing it a second time. My time was used productively in creating highly interactive reports and many of the reports guide the team I work for in making decision on products and different GSK markets.
Great Stable Environment
Medical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2017
First job after university and loved the culture and the stability of the company. Lovely people and lovely premises. Great restaurant and great Gym. Was a great first job.
Slow paced environment
Finance Business Partner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 April 2017
A slow paced environment where decisions take a very long time and an eye for detail is not necessary as everything gets lost in the roundings. I guess its the nature of the beast given the size of the company.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Bureaucratic
Great work/life balance
Commodity Buyer (Current Employee) –  London, UK6 February 2017
Great people
Great management
Great company to work for
There are lots of opportunities to progress
Excellent Training quality
Great work/life balance
Trade Mark Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2016
Excellent experience with great benefits. Easy access to London with good transport links. Excellent training and support. Managed a global portfolio. Skill acquired: Management, Brand protection, legal skills, co-ordination across multi-disciplinary departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2