GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews in Harlow

A Large Company with Many Opportunities
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex6 October 2017
A company which I was always excited to work for. Certainly a great place to learn especially if you are starting off.
A lot flexibility for the staff which may not be available with smaller companies.
Pros
Large corporate company, opporutnity to learn lots of analytical techniques
Cons
Very competitive environment
Good
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex15 December 2016
Enjoyed this job but it was only temporary. overall it is a good place to work and very interesting. Would go back if i could.
Great company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Harlow11 October 2016
I worked for ISS cleaning company, they were great to work for, very helpful when needed and great hours, the security was amazing and made you feel safe and secure
Fun and productive work place
Junior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Harlow13 April 2016
Each day I would perform experiments, write reports, collaborate with other scientists. Less frequently I would prepare presentations and write journal articles.
My team was very positive
Senior Technician, Clinical (Current Employee) –  Harlow, ENG6 November 2015
I enjoyed working for GlaxoSmithKline I felt that my colleagues were very positive and I worked in a very pleasant working environment. GlaxoSmithKline provided very good training opportunities to help improve the staffs progression.
Pros
sick pay and benefits
Cons
Not very good staff facilities.
Innovative work environment
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harlow, ENG3 March 2015
Given a high amount of responsibility from the outset, making use of the best research facilities to find innovative solutions for the global pharmaceutical industry.
Fun workplace
Clinical Trials Technician (Current Employee) –  Harlow, ENG2 July 2014
As a temporary worker, I have found GSK has treated me very well. The only problem is the lack of effort from the higher management to get temporary workers into full time permanent positions. This is especially frustrating because the temps have more training and are able to carry out a wider range of tasks than the current permanent staff.
A variety of work over the course of 13 years in various departments in therapeutic areas as an administrator/secretary.
Administrator / Clinical Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlow16 July 2013
A variety of work over the course of 13 years in various department within therapeutic areas as an administrator/secretary. Worked for senior staff on all levels. Travelled with company on events that I arranged. Advanced to Clinical Specialist for learning and develpment. Excellent company to work for. Redundancy due to site closure. Learnt much about the development of drugs. Lots of training for personal deveopment. A general day would be all administrative duties.

Liked everything about the job.
An evolving workspace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow, ENG9 June 2013
Duties were to assist my Supervisor and development team.
Included carrying chemicals, setting up experiments and recording results, including Data entry for record purposes, checking for hazardous materials using COSHH database.
Interesting industrial placement during a gap year
R&D chemist dedicated to neurosciences (Former Employee) –  Harlow, England18 May 2012
Worked in R&D to develop new compounds for curing schizophrenia