GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Flexible working
Project Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stockley, UK15 July 2018
I was doing this computer analyst job for 21 years and it had flexible working so that I could work from home or in the office.

In the earlier days, I did get to travel abroad to Philadelphia and North Carolina.
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Ware9 July 2018
It was incredible to work at GSK during the summer, everyone was very friendly and there were lots of activities to do. I worked there for a week, in which I learnt a lot about drug discovery and manufacture.
Symbols Manager
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based4 July 2018
Good Company
learnt about the GSK products,
Workplace was good with good people
hardest part of the job was the rules & legislation around OTC products
Pros
Good company
Cons
amount of Red tape
just my opinion
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Field Based2 July 2018
everyone's experience differs and it's hard to summarize but if you have a good manager it's the best job in the world. you are educating offices, selling our products and helping patients everyday.
If you you don't you are emotionally drained and constantly in a position that nothing is every right even if you do all the things that are asked of you. When it's your time to go you will know.
I hate to say that because I came in very excited and proud of the where I was and who I worked for. At the end of the day, that didn't matter and decisions that I had no control over were made. if you work for a similar company you know what im talking about and if you're knew to this industry it's very different from anywhere that you've been.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
managers
productive and engaging
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead28 June 2018
Continuous learning and opportunities for growth were excellent. A lot of reviewing documentation, drafting processes and procedures, auditing activities were main day to day work. Hardest part was reviewing artwork for european languages.
Excellent training and development
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London24 May 2018
GSK was an excellent company to learn the foundations of account management and much more. Heavy investment in training and development and clear structures. Excellent communication from top management and surrounded by highly motivated teams.
Pros
Invested in training
Good company to work for
Finance Queue Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London23 May 2018
Joined the company on a 3 month assignment and worked for the team for just under 3 year. Work life balance is great but at the same time the work is quite demanding. Learnt new application such as remedy and Select survey tool.
Pros
option to work from home
Cons
Too much job cuts
Best Pharmaceutical Company in my view
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  East Anglia13 May 2018
Loved working here within all of the disease areas I represented.
Really good life changing drugs
Really good people and opportunities
Good salary and benefits
Pros
Loads
Cons
few
Very motivating place to work with incredible support and guidance
Industrial Placement Student (Current Employee) –  Brentford5 May 2018
As an industrial placement student my team really helped to develop me as a professional and an individual. I feel I have been equipped with the skills to succeed in my future.
Work Experience
Shadowing Senior Analyst from the BioCTL team (Former Employee) –  Stevenage4 May 2018
I had the best time shadowing the senior analyst and learned a a lot of new things in the 1 week. It showed me the side of the pharmaceutical industry where everyday is a different day and there are set targets that every individual gets to achieve in a period of time.
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham25 April 2018
I enjoy working for GSK, however their decision-making regarding workforce is somewhat frustrating.
Typically I have a scheduled day and proceed through the day completing my tasks to ensure the day's schedule is met.
Pros
salary, holidays, work/life balance
Cons
job security
Sanctions Compliance Director (Current Employee) –  Brentford, London23 April 2018
Challenging, but rewarding environment. Great networks worldwide with ethics and compliance high up the agenda. Business is in place for the patient, ensuring the medicines are readily available to all who require it.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Not a 9-5 role
Simulating and supportive
Medicinal Chemist (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
It's a good company to work for. They're fair and very supportive of all members of staff. The flexible hours in the company is also great for life management.
Pros
Flexi hours
Good good
Assistant Capital Analyst (Former Employee) –  London16 April 2018
Good place to work great people and good ethics. I enjoyed my time there. however, Hierarchal structure was too bootle necked and you had a lot of people with duplicated tasks
good
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire3 April 2018
on thr refurbishment, the work was generally well organised. the odd times we waited for materials. some of the management team could have/needed man management lessons
Pros
free car park
Cons
expensive temporary accomodation locally/nearby
Good Opportunities
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 April 2018
Great place to work with inspirational people who deliver innovative medicines and excellent consumer healthcare products for many people across the globe
Productive Workplace
IT Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London2 April 2018
1. It is a process oriented organization having started a journey recently towards Agile ways of working
2. Workplace culture is non-intrusive, and productive
Pros
Development of skills
Cons
Over stringent processes slowing the things
Patient foccused,and Exceptional engineering capacity within Site.
Senior Designer (contract) (Current Employee) –  Montrose26 March 2018
Flexible working day allowed for early starts and late finishes if required, depending on workload. Open office environment allowed for good team participation in engineering events. The management were approachable and transparent and the workload plentiful but not overwhelming. Learned job specific functions and more experience with software such as SAP, Amtech, Hazardous areal classification to name a few. The team and keeping on top of your jobs was the most fulfilling part of my role.
Pros
Good team ethos, Relevant action meetings, transparancy
Cons
Longevity of the role
Best place to work
Senior Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenford, Greater London22 March 2018
This was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They provided training and support in all roles. Their staff were their priority.

I learned so much working with them during the nearly 20 years I was there!
Pros
Highly successful company
Learning
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 March 2018
At GlaxoSmithKline continuous learning is encouraged. Employees are encouraged to take external courses to become accredited with a respected qualification.
Pros
Flexible working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2