GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Environnement agréable
Gestion d'un portefeuille clients (Former Employee) –  Londres5 September 2018
Bon management bonne équipe et Bon apprentissage des outils de travail
Pros
Repas
Cons
Localisation du site
enthusiastic but inefficient
Clinical Investigation Lead (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire23 August 2018
Pros: Lots of enthusiasm on the ground; flexible hours, acceptable work/life balance

Cons: Frequent re-structuring gets in the way of any significant project;
Lower level managers are afraid of making their own decisions - de-centralization is overdue
Digital innovation is overdue
Projects are managed in the old-style system
Pay levels are on the lower end
Job security is low
Very rewarding work
Chemical Process Technician - GMP Site (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham13 August 2018
I enjoyed my time at GSK and the work was flexible and manageable. My team was easy enough to get on with and hardworking. I cant speak for all management at this company but in the area I was involved in, it was particularly pour. The training was slow and hardly provided, although I believe this not to be a lack of wanting to but being able to. The people who were supposed to train myself had a far too large workload themselves and could not spare the time for myself. I cannot fault the individuals for this because they had important and time consuming work to do but the management of the team could be improved massively. Unfortunately I don't see that happening but overall I did learn a lot there and I do believe that the skills and experience gained there will help me in future job prospects.
Pros
Flexable and understanding
Cons
Pour management
Good Worklife Balance
Recruitment Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentford1 August 2018
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company – with three world-leading businesses – that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.

GSK is an excellent place to work as every employee believes in what the company strives to do which is to help people do more, feel better and live longer.

Trust drives autonomy which allows every individual to manage their workloads and their work-life balance.
Pros
Excellent work-life balance
Cons
Lack of visibility on occassions when it comes to organisational changes
a very good company to work in
REGIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR EUROPE (Current Employee) –  Brentford20 July 2018
GSK is a very nice company to live in and to work in. The work environment is just amazingly wonderful, and it is very enjoyable to benefit such good conditions in a very nice and friendly atmosphere.
The role of RSA Europe includes many various tasks and this makes the job really enjoyable as every days are not exactly the same.
You can work either from the office in Brentford, from home or from the various sites you are visiting all around Europe.
I have learned how to live in a Corporate of a major multinational firm, in a matrix-style organisation.
I have developed my skills in the security of the Supply Chain, including Transportation and Storage of sensitive goods.
I have created, developed and animated a network of Security Champions all over Europe and I organized monthly conf calls to enhance the share of good practices and security awareness.
I really liked to visit the sites and conduct security surveys/audits as well as Business Continuity Training to the LOCs managers.
Pros
Excellent work environment, nice and friendly company culture, very good benefits programme
Global Procurement Utilities Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 July 2018
A great place to work. Interesting roles. Good industry to work in - feel you are delivering something that is good for society ie healthcare. Good work life balance
Flexible working
Project Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stockley, UK15 July 2018
I was doing this computer analyst job for 21 years and it had flexible working so that I could work from home or in the office.

In the earlier days, I did get to travel abroad to Philadelphia and North Carolina.
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Ware9 July 2018
It was incredible to work at GSK during the summer, everyone was very friendly and there were lots of activities to do. I worked there for a week, in which I learnt a lot about drug discovery and manufacture.
Symbols Manager
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based4 July 2018
Good Company
learnt about the GSK products,
Workplace was good with good people
hardest part of the job was the rules & legislation around OTC products
Pros
Good company
Cons
amount of Red tape
just my opinion
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Field Based2 July 2018
everyone's experience differs and it's hard to summarize but if you have a good manager it's the best job in the world. you are educating offices, selling our products and helping patients everyday.
If you you don't you are emotionally drained and constantly in a position that nothing is every right even if you do all the things that are asked of you. When it's your time to go you will know.
I hate to say that because I came in very excited and proud of the where I was and who I worked for. At the end of the day, that didn't matter and decisions that I had no control over were made. if you work for a similar company you know what im talking about and if you're knew to this industry it's very different from anywhere that you've been.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
managers
Wrok Experience

personnal development

reward hard work
productive and engaging
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead28 June 2018
Continuous learning and opportunities for growth were excellent. A lot of reviewing documentation, drafting processes and procedures, auditing activities were main day to day work. Hardest part was reviewing artwork for european languages.
Excellent training and development
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London24 May 2018
GSK was an excellent company to learn the foundations of account management and much more. Heavy investment in training and development and clear structures. Excellent communication from top management and surrounded by highly motivated teams.
Pros
Invested in training
Good company to work for
Finance Queue Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London23 May 2018
Joined the company on a 3 month assignment and worked for the team for just under 3 year. Work life balance is great but at the same time the work is quite demanding. Learnt new application such as remedy and Select survey tool.
Pros
option to work from home
Cons
Too much job cuts
Best Pharmaceutical Company in my view
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  East Anglia13 May 2018
Loved working here within all of the disease areas I represented.
Really good life changing drugs
Really good people and opportunities
Good salary and benefits
Pros
Loads
Cons
few
Very motivating place to work with incredible support and guidance
Industrial Placement Student (Current Employee) –  Brentford5 May 2018
As an industrial placement student my team really helped to develop me as a professional and an individual. I feel I have been equipped with the skills to succeed in my future.
Work Experience
Shadowing Senior Analyst from the BioCTL team (Former Employee) –  Stevenage4 May 2018
I had the best time shadowing the senior analyst and learned a a lot of new things in the 1 week. It showed me the side of the pharmaceutical industry where everyday is a different day and there are set targets that every individual gets to achieve in a period of time.
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham25 April 2018
I enjoy working for GSK, however their decision-making regarding workforce is somewhat frustrating.
Typically I have a scheduled day and proceed through the day completing my tasks to ensure the day's schedule is met.
Pros
salary, holidays, work/life balance
Cons
job security
Sanctions Compliance Director (Current Employee) –  Brentford, London23 April 2018
Challenging, but rewarding environment. Great networks worldwide with ethics and compliance high up the agenda. Business is in place for the patient, ensuring the medicines are readily available to all who require it.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Not a 9-5 role
Simulating and supportive
Medicinal Chemist (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
It's a good company to work for. They're fair and very supportive of all members of staff. The flexible hours in the company is also great for life management.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2