Glasgow Clyde College

Glasgow Clyde College Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews
fantastic place to work. Very well managed and a great culture from management down to ground staff. I enjoyed my time and will always look for another opportunity to work here
Good company
i Enjoyed my work at Glasgow Clyde and seeing the students achieve their goals and ambitions was truly gratifying.
It was challenging and fast paced, but overall rewarding
Favouritism and Learn everything yourself
Apart from learning the basics at the beginning of the first block of the first year of the HND i did, everything iI learnt was on my own. The lecturers favour certain students to the point they gave interviews for the BA course to the ones they liked over everyone else and when called out they didn't acknowledge it until I along with a couple others spoke up because they lied which forced them to give everyone interviews. They make you feel bad about your work and yourself and hate anyone other than the standard typical artsy person. Rude and would not go to Cardonld.
Fun educational establishment
Kind caring staff who do their best to provide education and get you to gain a qualification. They also provide a lot of support to develop skills and qualities.
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Distance
Ok if you dont have a choice
Really poor work environment with too many toxic people who are institutionalised and afraid of change.
Too few people actually care about students and how to help them, its always someone elses problem. For the more disengaged student, this is particularly true. Also its seen as somehow less worthy to teach lower level classes.
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
No leadership
Fun learning place
It was only just part of learning experience part of my college course called clyde kitchen that gives you experience of working inside a cafe creating lunches making morning rolls scones pastry and teas and coffees
laidback workplace
I am currently a student at Glasgow Clyde College, it's a really great place to learn and to grow and be introduced to so many opportunities to learn and try different new things.
Pros
fun, easy going
Cons
hard to travel to
lecturers strive to get the best out of all students
My time as a student at Glasgow Clyde were very good. The course Coaching and Developing Sport allowed me to grow into a confident individual who finished the course with three A's. If it was not for the lecturers supporting everyone this may have not been the end grade.
Lacks leadership and energy
Worked here on a temporary contract recently in an administrative capacity and found the glacial pace of work frustrating compared to commercial companies.

The department I worked in suffered from being headed by someone who had failed upwards to a position of power, with them having no training in leading or managing a team. I was expected to somehow guess what was required of me and I largely worked alone and unsupervised towards what I could only assume the goal was. They seemed happy with the results, at any rate.

The other people in the office were friendly and welcoming which made it more bearable, but the whole place suffers from a lack of energy. Hopefully the new principle gives them all a kick up the backside.
Pros
Good working hours, free parking
Cons
Poor leadership, rubbish money for temps compared to full time staff
Student
i have been a student here for 2 years and could not speak more highly of the lecturers and facilities. The facilities are some of the best and the sports programme is one i would highly recommend.
Pros
sports lecturers
Productive & Fun
A great place to study and learn about ESOL teaching. Great tutors, great students, great facilities. Really enjoyed my time here and have no complaints.
Excellent company to work for
A temporary position offering cover for 1st & 2nd line work on an as needed basis. This offered continued opportunities to offer my network and troubleshooting skills as and when required.

The other co-workers were very helpful to work with and made me feel very at home during my stay at Glasgow Clyde College, particularly the management.
Pros
Great atmosphere & varied workload
Cons
Very few.
Productive and fun workplace
Wonderful work environment, filled with amazing students and hard working non-teaching and teaching staff. I started working at Glasgow Clyde College on placement 2 years ago, during this time I have learned an incredible amount during my employment with this institution. I am now confident that I can concur the FE sector.
Glasgow Clyde College
Glasgow Clyde College is a good college to attend they have a wide range of courses available and amazing facilities, the hardest part of the job i would say is when you have to take a car apart clean it then put it back together
Pros
adult environment
Cons
place to learn, not a job
this is where i was learnt my pre apprenticeship course was not a job, passed course with a grade of A, this lasted 6 months and i am now looking for an apprenticeship