Glasgow Clyde College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
lecturers strive to get the best out of all students
Sports Coach (Former Employee) –  Glasgow28 November 2017
My time as a student at Glasgow Clyde were very good. The course Coaching and Developing Sport allowed me to grow into a confident individual who finished the course with three A's. If it was not for the lecturers supporting everyone this may have not been the end grade.
Lacks leadership and energy
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 August 2017
Worked here on a temporary contract recently in an administrative capacity and found the glacial pace of work frustrating compared to commercial companies.

The department I worked in suffered from being headed by someone who had failed upwards to a position of power, with them having no training in leading or managing a team. I was expected to somehow guess what was required of me and I largely worked alone and unsupervised towards what I could only assume the goal was. They seemed happy with the results, at any rate.

The other people in the office were friendly and welcoming which made it more bearable, but the whole place suffers from a lack of energy. Hopefully the new principle gives them all a kick up the backside.
Pros
Good working hours, free parking
Cons
Poor leadership, rubbish money for temps compared to full time staff
Student
Sports Coach (Current Employee) –  Glasgow4 June 2017
i have been a student here for 2 years and could not speak more highly of the lecturers and facilities. The facilities are some of the best and the sports programme is one i would highly recommend.
Pros
sports lecturers
Productive & Fun
ESOL trainee tutor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 May 2017
A great place to study and learn about ESOL teaching. Great tutors, great students, great facilities. Really enjoyed my time here and have no complaints.
Excellent company to work for
1st & 2nd Line Support (Former Employee) –  Mosspark Drive, Glasgow26 June 2016
A temporary position offering cover for 1st & 2nd line work on an as needed basis. This offered continued opportunities to offer my network and troubleshooting skills as and when required.

The other co-workers were very helpful to work with and made me feel very at home during my stay at Glasgow Clyde College, particularly the management.
Pros
Great atmosphere & varied workload
Cons
Very few.
Productive and fun workplace
Acting and Performance Further Education Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 April 2016
Wonderful work environment, filled with amazing students and hard working non-teaching and teaching staff. I started working at Glasgow Clyde College on placement 2 years ago, during this time I have learned an incredible amount during my employment with this institution. I am now confident that I can concur the FE sector.
Glasgow Clyde College
Motor Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 March 2016
Glasgow Clyde College is a good college to attend they have a wide range of courses available and amazing facilities, the hardest part of the job i would say is when you have to take a car apart clean it then put it back together
Pros
adult environment
Cons
place to learn, not a job
electrical installation pre apprentice (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City11 February 2016
this is where i was learnt my pre apprenticeship course was not a job, passed course with a grade of A, this lasted 6 months and i am now looking for an apprenticeship