Glasgow Caledonian University

Glasgow Caledonian University Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews
Gcul
Useful experience, great team. Scottish institution with a campus in London. Based in the fashionable east end of London. Offering undergraduate and postgraduate programmers.
Student
Physiotherapy student, therefore was not employed other than National Health Service placement experiences. Therefore, this section is not appropriate.
gcu fantastic place to work
worked part time here for 13 years.... Only left because I was re-locating to England , would have been happy to retire here .... Really
pleasant , helpful co-workers and staff... wages and holidays excellent...
Productive and Friendly
Very friendly staff and great location.
Typically sorting paperwork for 3-10 patients a day and sorting files.

Learned how to deal with customers and take tips from staff.

Friendly yet professional culture.
Fun workplace
Great fun every summer with a hard working team and very friendly management. the work can be tough at times with busy spells due to pipe band championships and conferences
Very enjoyable working eviroment
Everyone in the bioscience department at GCU is very friendly and helpful. It is a very enjoyable place to work and they also allow the oppertunity to get plenty of lab experience
Enjoyable place to work.
I enjoyed working at Glasgow Caledonian University for the few months I was there and I was looking forward to being asked back to do the same job again, but it was not to be. But I would still be happy to be contacted at a later date if the situation changes.
Fun and Productive
• Maintain records of contacts, profiles, accounts and progress.
• Use of dedicated system software to input information received from customer encounter.

• Deliver prepared talks, reading from scripts that describe the institution and its services, in order to persuade potential students to apply to the institution.

• Explain the prices, courses taught and other activities within the institution and answer questions from customers.

• Telephone or write emails to respond to correspondence from customers and potential clients.
• Responsible for carrying out experiments related to the internship laboratory project
• Working on laboratory skills including cell culture, QRTPCR, immunocy to chemistry, Western blotting and microscope techniques, cell-based assays
Enjoyed my time working there
Sorry to be leaving after 28years service held a various of different roles & never faulted on any of them , Very hard working & can be left to my own devices
Cons
35 hr week
Amazing
Working here is amazing. The staff and colleagues are very friendly and you very enough support to perform your research.
The environment is comfortable and you feel in home even beeing foreign.
Enriching working environment
Being a tutor can be challenging, yet very rewarding at times. As everyone is different, there is an essences of flexibility in how you translate your teaching style across to your students.
Pros
Intellectually engaging / Good pay / Rewarding to help others learn and grow
Cons
Always things to do and not enough time.
Research Assistant
Staff were very friendly. Work-life balance was very flexible. A very happy place to work. Management was always open to new ideas. Every day in the lab at GCU was different and this was good because you learned new things on a daily basis.
fun and positive place to work
Great place to work which is flexible and pays well. A very diverse client base to deal with where there are various departments to work in. The university is world renowned.
Productive workplace and friendly staff.
worked here whilst finishing my degree at GCU. They were really flexible with hours, allowing me to fit in work with my studies. A very fun and productive workplace.
Very good woking envirnoment
Amazing workplace culture, offering living wage and with very good communication amognst departments. Gained a lot of experience on office organisation.
Fun
Great for gaining experience as it allows you t work different age groups which develops skills in terms of being able to adjust depending on the audience you are faced with.
Good
Good work place loads of friendly staff and good working environment enjoy the atmosphere around campus and enjoy each day in work. The buildings are nice and the campus is lovely .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and Rewarding Place of Employment
Typically I would deal with legal cases from employment disputes to tenancy issues. This would involve liaising with and managing client relationships, and negotiating with opposition solicitors. I also speak to pupils and schools interested in studying law, delivering tailored 'street law' sessions as a result. I work with a team I am responsible for and answer to the Director of the Clinic and the Management Board as a whole, of which I am also a member. The hardest part of this is negotiating and often debating with opposing counsel, but being able to help clients is undoubtedly rewarding.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Lack of Wages
Interesting and varied experiences with a scope of different opportunities
Really interesting to see how the comittee works. Various teams are working together, offering the ability to help within different opportunities. As a treasurer, itis good to know supported by the rest of the team in case of increased pressure.
Pros
Varied experience
Cons
Pressure can be hard to handle
Supportive with good skill development
An excellent and friendly work environment that provided on the job training and gave me valuable paid experiences which allowed me to develop many transferable skills. Indeed through my 3 years working as a student mentor I have become a very confident and competent communicator as my work within this role often required me to coach and encourage students to choose a career path and break down the stereotypical barriers they hold towards further education. This was achieved through a variety of workshops with students which involved a mixture of presentations, group work and one to one mentoring.
Pros
Meeting and interacting with a wide range of people
Cons
Not enough hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glasgow Caledonian University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5