Givaudan

Givaudan Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews
Enjoyed my 40 years at givi had cancer in my last year and am retiring may this year would like to continue to work as I can still offer something I am committed hard working reliable and flexible in what I can do if given the chance I will not let anyone down
Demonstrated excellent time management expertise in coordinating all materials for Givaudan, board meeting grant reviews, and budget sub comittitee meetings.
Effectively managed complex travel arrangements, prepared itineraries and compiled travel folders.
Working at Givaudan is an amazing opportunity, from the interesting work to the kind friendly staff who will make you feel at home.

I was given plenty of opportunities to work and organise my work independently which gave the freedom to work at my own pace while still giving the ability to ask for help or for a second opinion from my peers.

In summary a great place to work with some great people.
Enjoyed every bit of it even though the work was very low key for me.
Great company if you are looking at a steady place where you intend to retire. Missing the buzz/adrenaline of innovative changes or creativity. If you are into buoyant companies, move on.

Management decision making not always up to the expected level of objectivity. As for many French companies, people get into management positions due to their relationships more than their actual know-how.

Just my reflection and not any judgement on anyone I met there or worked with...
Pros
Easy life
Cons
Missing strong management (Anglo saxon style)
dead end job that went no were told me couldnt do my fork lifed truck because i didnt drive!
covering the global supply chain there were always new and interesting opportunities to explore, relating to improvements in service delivery and cost control or reduction
Pros
Global organistion offer numerous opportunities to experience different challenges
Cons
travel requirements resulting in frequent periods away from home
A good place to work made many work mates get to work get stuck in and work till done and help others were applicable. fast moving different roles to play from lifting weighing to driving trucks . good managers who will always help were possible . Overall a good place to work and have enjoyed my time here just wish was longer.
Great place to work unfortunately they are moving operations to Hungary.